Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 255
  1. #76
    Flippin' Ram's Avatar
    Flippin' Ram is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    2,452
    Rep Power
    32

    Re: Terrible terrible Ram fans

    Give this team a decade or two till we have a more loyal fanbase. Kansas City is just around the I-70 and have been around there as the CHIEFS for 40 years. By now they've assimilated having a strong fanbase. As for us, it's either 16 years is not enough to assimilate the fanbase or that the Rams have been overshadowed by the Red Sea of Cardinals that have been supporting this team for more than a century.
    Lets hope Kroenke doesn't repeat the same mistakes as Madam Ram has done back in the Los Angeles days and turn this franchise into $trictly $$$ first. He can learn a lot from the Rooneys in terms of handling football as a business.


  2. #77
    Truth's Avatar
    Truth is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Age
    54
    Posts
    1,397
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: Terrible terrible Ram fans

    Quote Originally Posted by MoonJoe View Post
    Six

    Los Angeles Rams
    Los Angeles Raiders
    Los Angeles Chargers
    Los Angeles Avengers
    Los Angeles Express
    Los Angeles Xtreme


    Now that I think about it, we've lost as many teams as the Rams have wins!
    You can't really count the Raiders. They were only in LA so Al Davis could mess with Oakland. The Chargers were part of the AFL when in LA, and were only there for 1 year. They just couldn't compete with the Rams.

    The L.A.Express were part of a failed attempt to get another football league going. The Xtreme (XFL...Nfl meets WWE) had the same issue. Although, they did win the championship in 2001. Shame about the Avengers. I like Arena football.

    The Rams were probably lost to apathy. Although, I subscribe to the Major League (film) conspiricy theory about them leaving LA. I never really liked/trusted Georgia.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

  3. #78
    Truth's Avatar
    Truth is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Age
    54
    Posts
    1,397
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: Terrible terrible Ram fans

    Quote Originally Posted by The Rammer View Post
    ...However, Los Angeles would not support the team any better than Saint Louis. ...

    I don't necessarily disagree with your statement. However, if I owned the team, the revenue that could be generated by the 2nd largest American market would be EXTREMELY tempting. Not to mention, the return of the Rams to L.A, and a brand new, state of the art stadium would be good for at least 2-3 years of sell-outs.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

  4. #79
    Truth's Avatar
    Truth is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Age
    54
    Posts
    1,397
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: Terrible terrible Ram fans

    Quote Originally Posted by RamDez View Post
    two wrongs does not make your loss OK you know. Defend St Louis, dont knock a City who does not have a NFL team St Louis does and St Louis needs to make sure it keeps it.
    ABSOLUTELY!! Having an NFL franchise in your city is a priviledge, NOT a right. If you want to keep them in St Louis, the fan base there will need to start showing support. If they don't, the draw of the dollars out west might become just too enticing for Mr. Kronke to ignore. I'm not hoping/wishing for a move. I'm just looking at it from a dollars and cents point of view.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

  5. #80
    Truth's Avatar
    Truth is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Age
    54
    Posts
    1,397
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: Terrible terrible Ram fans

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    If people want to take this personally and get all huffy, I guess that's their choice.

    But through seven games, the Rams have one of the worst home attendance percentages, according to ESPN (30th in the league). When the players are even noticing the opposing fans - and this surely isn't the first time we've seen articles about the presence of the opposition in the Ed - then I really don't understand how some people can get so offended at what seems like very warranted criticism.

    If you're able to buy a ticket(s) and you're there in the seat, then good for you. If you're not able to buy a ticket or can't financially do it, that's understandable. Chances are this criticism isn't directed at you, but rather the fans who take their local team for granted by not showing up and supporting the team when they could be.
    Great points. It's interesting how even the TV announcers commented on the attendance at the game. They were saying that it was more like a college bowl game, where it's a neutral field and attendance for both teams is about equal, than an important home game for an NFL franchise.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

  6. #81
    Bralidore(RAMMODE)'s Avatar
    Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    1,149
    Rep Power
    22

    Re: Terrible terrible Ram fans

    I for one was all in the dome and there were more Rams fans than chiefs fans but the fans of the Chiefs were definitely there in abundace. I'm sitting here with a hoarse voice because of all the cheering I did for every positive play the Rams had and all the booing I did against the Chiefs. I've loved the Rams since 1999 and have stayed with them year in and year out.

    I can't control other fans financial situation or them buying tickets but I was at the Chiefs game and I will likely be at the ***** game even though im on Christmas leave.

    I understand the criticism but its definitely a slap in the face to myself because I cheer my ass off for the Rams on a weekly basis and then have to hear this...even though I know its not directed at me...

  7. #82
    berg8309's Avatar
    berg8309 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    1,899
    Rep Power
    42

    Re: Terrible terrible Ram fans

    Quote Originally Posted by Bralidore(RAMMODE) View Post

    I understand the criticism but its definitely a slap in the face to myself because I cheer my ass off for the Rams on a weekly basis and then have to hear this...even though I know its not directed at me...
    That was my point too, in less angry fashion. It's hard not to be insulted when someone says "EVERYONE in St. Louis sucks. Oh, except you, I wasn't meaning you just everyone from your hometown." ...I'm part of everyone. I say this in all walks of life, don't make sweeping generalizations and then tell someone they are the exception, they will still take it personally.

    Is it legitimate criticism? Yea, sure. Does it need to be levied every week? No.

  8. #83
    Rampingitup is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    238
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: Terrible terrible Ram fans

    Quote Originally Posted by Bralidore(RAMMODE) View Post
    I for one was all in the dome and there were more Rams fans than chiefs fans but the fans of the Chiefs were definitely there in abundace. I'm sitting here with a hoarse voice because of all the cheering I did for every positive play the Rams had and all the booing I did against the Chiefs. I've loved the Rams since 1999 and have stayed with them year in and year out.

    I can't control other fans financial situation or them buying tickets but I was at the Chiefs game and I will likely be at the ***** game even though im on Christmas leave.

    I understand the criticism but its definitely a slap in the face to myself because I cheer my ass off for the Rams on a weekly basis and then have to hear this...even though I know its not directed at me...
    Then use that anger and direct it at the locals who are not supporting their team. Call the local radio sports shows and VENT RANT AND RAVE at the so called fans who don't get out and support their team. Passion is directed anger. Use your passion to nail the people who deserve to be nailed!

  9. #84
    RamsInfiniti's Avatar
    RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    R.I.P.
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    77

    Re: Terrible terrible Ram fans

    Quote Originally Posted by fliptalianstallion View Post
    Give this team a decade or two till we have a more loyal fanbase. Kansas City is just around the I-70 and have been around there as the CHIEFS for 40 years. By now they've assimilated having a strong fanbase. As for us, it's either 16 years is not enough to assimilate the fanbase or that the Rams have been overshadowed by the Red Sea of Cardinals that have been supporting this team for more than a century.
    Lets hope Kroenke doesn't repeat the same mistakes as Madam Ram has done back in the Los Angeles days and turn this franchise into $trictly $$$ first. He can learn a lot from the Rooneys in terms of handling football as a business.
    What a load of crap. A decade or two? This team will be gone in 2 years if this doesn't change, and rightfully so ...

    Those of us passionate fans get sick and tired of seeing what we saw this past Sunday. We get sick of people sitting in their seats with their golf claps, texting their way through games, *****ing and moaning, and whining and complaining, only to sell their PSL's to opposing teams at first chance ...

    At this point, St. Louis does not deserve this team. One bad apple spoils the whole bunch, and that is unfortunate ...

    Fickle fickle people. The same ones complaining about the product now will be crying tears when it's gone ....

    Ask yourself this? If you owned this storied franchise and had to watch the supposed "fans" crap all over it week after week, what would you do?

  10. #85
    macrammer's Avatar
    macrammer is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Livermore, Ca/ Arnold,Ca
    Age
    55
    Posts
    2,078
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: Terrible terrible Ram fans

    Wow. apathy and excuses. Bottom line St Louis, get you ass down there and support the team, PERIOD. You lost a football team and whined and moaned about Bidwell was this and Bidwell was that. well, you got a team and what the hell?

    I went to the Whiner Ram game last month. I was one of about 1,000 Ram fans there amidst 50,000/60,000 plus Whiner fans. These Whiner fans have sold out every game since 1981. These whiners have been losing for 8 plus years. These Whiner fans have the same rising costs and economy to deal with. In fact, California has one of the highest unemployment percentages in America. Stop with excuses, support your team or watch the moving trucks show up soon. Kudo's to Dez for stickig it out there but right on with his comments.

  11. #86
    Flippin' Ram's Avatar
    Flippin' Ram is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    2,452
    Rep Power
    32

    Re: Terrible terrible Ram fans

    Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    What a load of crap. A decade or two? This team will be gone in 2 years if this doesn't change, and rightfully so ...

    Those of us passionate fans get sick and tired of seeing what we saw this past Sunday. We get sick of people sitting in their seats with their golf claps, texting their way through games, *****ing and moaning, and whining and complaining, only to sell their PSL's to opposing teams at first chance ...

    At this point, St. Louis does not deserve this team. One bad apple spoils the whole bunch, and that is unfortunate ...

    Fickle fickle people. The same ones complaining about the product now will be crying tears when it's gone ....

    Ask yourself this? If you owned this storied franchise and had to watch the supposed "fans" crap all over it week after week, what would you do?
    Well no need to react vehemently, I've seen this kind of apathy in San Diego except they had a team for a long time. The other difference there is that there is a lot more to do in California, giving the sports fanbase less attention and the way the Chargers FO reacts to the situation is put deals exclusive to Charger fans because of issues dealing with Raider fans outrunning the entire stadium.

    From an owners perspective, I would talk at the local St. Louis radio station about how disappointed I am at some of the fans for not doing their part as fans and criticizing the ticketholders for selling their tickets to fans of their teams.

  12. #87
    lordwhttgr's Avatar
    lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.
    Posts
    759
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: Terrible terrible Ram fans

    Quote Originally Posted by RamDez View Post
    If you choose to take it personal, thats your choice, I AM calling out the St Louis fan base. WHERE ARE YOU and WHY WERE YOU NOT THERE SUNDAY?
    I am so sorry Dez, I am in the Army and standing my post on the DMZ. Watch the news and you will know what I am doing.

  13. #88
    RockinRam's Avatar
    RockinRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    4,079
    Rep Power
    44

    Re: Terrible terrible Ram fans

    Rams fans in St. Louis should feel very lucky that they have the chance to go to many home games because they live so close to the stadium. Financial problems is understandable, but when you can indulge on new furniture or buy a new T.V, I don't see why you can't make a home game.

    Many, many Rams fans in other states would kill to be able to be so close to the stadium, but unfortunately we are not, and plane tickets are very expensive.

    Every opportunity you St. Louisians can get, go to the Dome. Please.



    Oh and by the way, what's with the horror stories coming out from the Ed Jones Stadium about how Rams fans who cheer loud and are more enthusiastic and are far more passionate gets dirty looks from other Rams fans who remain sitting and chatting and texting on their phones for the whole game?

    Sheesh, I've seen high school football games with the majority of fans standing the whole time, shouting their lungs out, being semi-obnoxious, and rooting passionately for their team.

  14. #89
    MoonJoe's Avatar
    MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Norco, CA
    Age
    48
    Posts
    1,440
    Rep Power
    42

    Re: Terrible terrible Ram fans

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    You can't really count the Raiders. They were only in LA so Al Davis could mess with Oakland. The Chargers were part of the AFL when in LA, and were only there for 1 year. They just couldn't compete with the Rams.

    The L.A.Express were part of a failed attempt to get another football league going. The Xtreme (XFL...Nfl meets WWE) had the same issue. Although, they did win the championship in 2001. Shame about the Avengers. I like Arena football.

    The Rams were probably lost to apathy. Although, I subscribe to the Major League (film) conspiricy theory about them leaving LA. I never really liked/trusted Georgia.
    This post was mostly to insert levity to what appeared to be a personal attack on some members of this site. Honestly I question the validity of complaining about about fan support on a site populated with what I deem as pure fans, but to question the founder would be detrimental to my probably already weak standing. There is no way I consider the XFL a real league (although they did give us that awesome camera view from above the field). I think the bottom line is were all stung by the lack of support yesterday, but many of us older fans realize the reality of it. Is it possible the City could lose the team because of it, yes. Is it likely? Who knows. I would have never dreamed the Browns or the Colts would have left their former cities, but they did. As much as I want to believe the league and the respective owners care for my feelings as a fan, I have seen too many times where the final decision rests on the almighty dollar. I don't think the question is really "what's wrong with the fans", but rather "what will our new owner do to help turn this around?" But what do I know, I'm just a screwed up surfer from LA...
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

    Jack Youngblood

  15. #90
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is online now Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    31
    Posts
    19,475
    Rep Power
    154

    Re: Terrible terrible Ram fans

    Finally able to watch the game, took a screenshot while I was viewing...


Similar Threads

  1. Detroit Fans want Curry #1 Overall
    By RamsSB99 in forum DRAFT & FA
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: -04-20-2009, 11:46 PM
  2. What Ravens' fans think about Kyle Boller...
    By evil disco man in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: -04-07-2009, 07:01 AM
  3. Rams FAns Need To Get a Grip
    By Barry Waller in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: -01-20-2009, 02:29 AM
  4. Fans Turn Out for Scrimmage
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -08-03-2008, 09:01 AM
  5. Are the fans ruining the NFL?
    By RamsFanSam in forum NFL TALK
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: -12-20-2006, 10:24 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •