Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
    tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Re: Terrible terrible Ram fans

I wouldnt be bothered too much about fans from a nearby team coming into the stadium, unless it affected the game.

But just look at the false start penalties for the Rams compared to the Chiefs. Granted some may be mistakes by young, inexperienced players, but some of it was probably down to crowd noise.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by fliptalianstallion View Post
    Now that's just sad... Even the St. Louis Cardinals don't make it to the postseason and they still manage to get their attendance up and running.
    And there you go. This is why this city does not deserve the team ...

A large percentage of PSL holders sold out their tickets to K.C. fans for this game. It's absolutely inexcusable ...

We are in the middle of the playoff hunt, and still cannot get attendance up. It embarrassing ....

Boosh is offline Registered User

I beg to differ with anyone that states this is a baseball only town. If you look at the stats of losing seasons for the Cardinals you will see that they did not sell out every game. In the early 90's the Cards had horrible attendance records and even at the end of this past season as it became clear the Cards would not make the post season attendance started to drop off quite a bit.
    I can guarantee that if the roles were reversed with the Rams having the success the Cards have had the past 6 season and the Cards having the absolute worst record of any sports franchise like the Rams have had that we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Let's look at the Blues, from 05-06 they had the 4th worst attendance and 06-07 they had the worst attendance record in the league! I seem to remember a couple of games where it was announced that attendance was at or below 6000! This is with a team that has not just in STL but state/region wide rabid fan base and has been established since 1969. A couple of decent seasons and they are now in the top ten in attendance! Although they better start winning again if they wish to stay in the top 10.

Bottom line, during the GSOT days of the Rams is that St. Louis WAS a football city but this city is full of fair weather fans! I know we St. louisans do not like admitting that but it is true of the average fan in our city.

I think it will take at least 3 actual winning seasons (above .500) to get a fair amount of fans back in the seats, Does St. louis have that amount of time left? I don't know but whether they stay or move...Win, Lose, or Tie, I am a Rams fan till I die.

P.S.
    Money and scheduling doesn't permit me to attend as many games as I would like but that does not make me any less the fan but when I am able I am screaming and cheering for my beloved team as I believe in the 12th man makes a difference and damn anyone that tells me to sit down or be silent!
    Last edited by Boosh; -12-21-2010 at 11:32 AM.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bosna-Ram View Post
    we had our faces painted in blue and gold. We made it to our seats and started making some noise against Falcons, that's when bunch of Rams spectators turn around and start looking at us - as if we were aliens.
    That's really a shame.

Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

it was much louder on Chiefs possesions but how many false start penalties did they have. Was it louder tthan it should have been on Rams possessions (particular after their poor play took the crowd out of the game and put Chiefs fans back into it) yeah. But it was louder on Chiefs possessions and they didn't shoot themselves in the foot like we did...

BIG-BLUE is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by lordwhttgr View Post
    I am so sorry Dez, I am in the Army and standing my post on the DMZ. Watch the news and you will know what I am doing.
    Lord,
    Thank you for standing your post. It's the men & women of our armed forces
    that allows us to have these great debates & to enjoy our fav. teams no matter where or when they play.
    So again, Thank You for manning your post. May you and all your fellow personal Have a safe & happy Holiday. Hope to see you soon @ the dome & if I'm there I will be more that happy to by you a drink or 2.
    Take care, stay stong & stay united.
    BB

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    There is nothing ridiculous about it. The only ridiculous thing is the lack of support this team gets. It's a very fickle, non-loyal fan base, deal with it ...

Seriously, the home team getting BOOED when they run onto the field????
    Would you rather they be the overwhelmingly loyal and supportive fans that caused the RAMS to stay in LA????

Oh wait, there wasn't enough support in a city 10 times the size of St. Louis to support the team, and they moved to a more supportive city.

gap

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BIG-BLUE View Post
    a drink or 2.
    that's all? wow... i would start a quick collection and hook the brothas up.

anyways be safe and enjoy the clan!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

rammiser is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Yodude View Post
    I guess if you don't count Super Bowl IV, where the Chiefs defeated Minnesota 23-7, then yes, the Chiefs have never won a Super Bowl.
    Sorry so 40 years ago they won the superbowl. The Rams have been to it 3 times since then forgive the over sight but that still doesnt excuse Rams fans for not showing up to support them does it?
    Just Fix It

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by gap View Post
    Would you rather they be the overwhelmingly loyal and supportive fans that caused the RAMS to stay in LA????

Oh wait, there wasn't enough support in a city 10 times the size of St. Louis to support the team, and they moved to a more supportive city.

gap
    I don't care where it is, but I'm tired of the way St. Louis treats this team ...

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Just a few quotes from a article espn: around the nfc west

Kcchiefs_82 (12/21/2010 at 10:31 AM)
    Report Violation
    Of course Kansas City outclassed St. Louis. The St. Louis sports fan only cares about a dead sport and a dying sport. Their stadium is terrible! I was embarrassed at times during the game. But they are gracious hosts. When we were walking in, Rams fans were selling their tickets like I have never seen. Just an unbelievable sports culture, but for all the wrong reasons. But it was a great trip for me. I saw my team win, we outnumbered the home fans 60/40 and the best part was after the game was over, I got to get in my car and drive back to Kansas City. What a dump.
    65-TossPowerTrap (12/20/2010 at 7:27 AM)
    Report Violation
    The St Louis crowd is a baseball crowd. Not only were Rams fans small in number, the only times they were loud were at the WRONG times lol. They don't know how to cheer at football games. They don't understand when to be loud and when to be quiet. When the Chiefs have the ball at home, Arrowhead is quiet as a tomb. At the dome yesterday when the Rams had the ball, Chiefs fans got loud. The Rams fans tried to out cheer us...which was PERFECT, as they caused their own team to have false starts and delays. It was SO gratifying to truly be a part of a road victory like we are in Arrowhead. The 12th man travels baby!
    SFfan_inNY (12/20/2010 at 6:40 AM)
    Report Violation
    Hate to say I told ya so, but the whole "home game" vs the Chiefs didn't work out like you all thought, huh? From what I could from my living rooom, I saw as much or more red than blue in those stands. Looks like Rams fans sold ALOT of their tickets. It was Arrowhead East.
    Can we close this thread its getting too depressing!!!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

MauiRam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by RamDez View Post
    Maybe we should start calling the "so called St Louis ram fans" "red seaters" cause thats all you see at a game ...........
    Gotta spread some more around first, but "red seaters" is a perfectly apt coinage .. Bingo !!

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    I don't care where it is, but I'm tired of the way St. Louis treats this team ...
    Exactly, trying to point the discussion toward what happend in Los Angeles and away from the real issue is pointless. Bottom line, forget all the excuses, the Rams need the community in St. Louis to support them at home, period.

Regardless of where anyone lines up on this discussion, we all know what SHOULD be happening.

FestusRam is offline Registered User

so you guys call yourselves fans

Ok I don't get on here much but when I did just 5 minutes earlier and the most popular post is about our stl fans...does anyone not understand we played a team who's city 4 hours away and in the same state I mean you guys would be *****in if no one was there because then it would be blacked out. I just don't underdtand how you " fans" spend your typing about other fans rather than what's going on with the actual rams. idk about you but id much rather talk about how the rams are going to make it in the playoffs. COMON MANNNN

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Re: so you guys call yourselves fans

Quote Originally Posted by FestusRam View Post
    does anyone not understand we played a team who's city 4 hours away and in the same state
    True, but I am 99% sure if we played KC at their home turf, their stadium would not be split like ours was.

I mean you guys would be *****in if no one was there because then it would be blacked out.
    So since as long as our stadium is "filled up", it doesn't matter which fans are in there?

I just don't underdtand how you " fans" spend your typing about other fans rather than what's going on with the actual rams. idk about you but id much rather talk about how the rams are going to make it in the playoffs. COMON MANNNN
    Maybe because DezRam made a legitimate observation and he felt the need to justfully say what he needed to say.

Anyways...will they make the playoffs? I don't know. The offense is a stagnant piece of moldy bread...