Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
    BrokenWing is offline Registered User

Re: Terrible terrible Ram fans

Let me ask you a question.

What is justifiable about calling all of us in the area terrible fans?

I thought I wasn't going to post again to this, but as the most popular thing to do here seems to be to try and out do each other in calling people like me terrible fans, I'm going to have to post to it. I'm holding back an enormous amount of what I want to say, because I want to be more respectful than I believe a lot of the posters in this thread have been.

I will say this. At no time in the past have I ever considered leaving this forum.

That has changed.
    Last edited by BrokenWing; -12-21-2010 at 07:57 PM.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Not defending or excusing the St. Louis fans, but let's just say I understand.

Maybe if Mr. Spagnuolo and company showed some imagination on offense the fans would show up. No one wants to watch a boring, extremely predictable team play every week even if it's your favorite team. Especially if they are spending their hard earned cash.

I have turned off several games this year after it became apparent to me that this team had no shot at winning. Even some in the first half.

I have to admit though, they did fool me once. Well almost. That was the Denver game, after they fell behind by 10 early. I decided that that was a good time to go enjoy some of those hand breaded chicken strips at Carls jr. That's what I thought at least. It wasn't a good time because I missed the offensive explosion of the year, and I didn't particularly care for the Chicken strips, hand breaded or not.

But in the end, they got back to Ram football as we know it, blowing most of a three score lead in the 4th quarter and hanging on by their jock straps.

I don't know about the next man but to me It's difficult sometimes to sit there and watch helplessly, knowing that this team is doomed if it should happen to fall behind most teams.

With the philosophy (get a lead no matter how small, and try to hang on) instilled by Mr. Spagnuolo, the Rams are doomed against every good team in the league and many mediocre ones.

I can't help but think that teams are secretly laughing at Spags and company during games, knowing that they can take over the game whenever they feel like it.

The predictibility of this team is so bad that I have sat in amazement that I have the ability to pick Shurmurs' brain on many failed third down plays throughout the course of this season. Much to the amusement of some of my friends watching along with me.

I would think that if I can call plays from my living room, somebody on the opposing staff has to have these guys figured out.

Another thing that makes me wonder is if the Rams ever throw the ball more than 15 yards in practice, because Sam Bradford has been atrocious on most of his 4 or 5 deep passes this year.

Again, I'm not defending the St.Louis fans for not showing up, but let's just say, I understand.

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

My theory on Bradford missing those deep passes is that he's not in any sort of deep pass rythm. You get good at making deep passes to your receivers by throwing them regularly, it gets to where you can anticipate the speed and direction of the receiver and he can anticipate your ball placement.

mikhal5569 is offline Registered User

This is a classic example of the right message, with the right intent, directed at the wrong people. Almost everyone on your message board (Dez) has been a fan of the Rams before the great come back season of 2010 ďThe Hunt for The PlayoffsĒ Therefore Iíd say itís safe to say that all of us, even the more bitter ones have been rooting for various players, the coaching staff and the people who run the front office for months before the season even started.
    Yet, fans who actually live in the St.Louis metropolitan area donít show up and you post about how bad the fan base is on here? Why not write something up in the St.Louis Post Dispatch, why not take all this power and influence I hear you yield and ask the good people of St.Louis what their issue with the Rams really is?
    Maybe, the fans who live In that area really donít have the money or just donít enjoy spending it on a team that has only won three games in the past two years combined? Maybe, they donít think that the Rams have a chance in hell in the playoffs, and that our division is so weak and ill respected by everyone in football that making the playoffs wonít mean squat anyways?
    I know, but wait! The Rams have won six games so far and are on the verge of making the playoffs! So why isnít everyone out there buying tickets, cotton candy, and Rampage the mascot number one pointy fingers? What is wrong with you people of St.Louis? (He asks to the Rams fans in the very site he owns) Youíre not Rams fans!
    I got news for you brother, Iíve been showing up to games for years in every way I can. If that means watching some crappy pixilated barely working stream or listening to the game on the radio, I am there supporting this team in one form or another.
    I agree itís frustrating, but the people of St.Louis will decide with their wallets if this team stays or goes. Apparently, they want to see more than one decent season before shelling their money out and I canít say that I blame them.

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

The only thing this thread has done is alienate all the st louis area fans on this board. I come to this board multiple times a day and now this has me searching for a new forum because it seems to me that there are way to many people on here that hate st louis.

Everyone on this board does the best they can do to see the rams so there is no reason what so ever to post this. And quite frankly I am not sure if i had posted the same thing that it wouldnt have gotten deleted by this point.....

Edit: One word mikhal, exactly
    Last edited by sjacksonrules; -12-21-2010 at 08:52 PM.

GameTime is offline Registered User

What some of you fail to realize is that there are many chiefs fans that live in St louis. When we had no team, people turned to green bay and Kansas city. It will take more than 15 yrs to build a dedicated fan base. As die hard fans today raise their children to watch the rams, it will catch on. And I'm tired of hearing about the PSL fee as an exuse not to buy tickets. Some PSL are only $250

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rampingitup View Post
    Then use that anger and direct it at the locals who are not supporting their team. Call the local radio sports shows and VENT RANT AND RAVE at the so called fans who don't get out and support their team. Passion is directed anger. Use your passion to nail the people who deserve to be nailed!
    Why don't you call them? They all have an 800 number for out of town callers. If it concerns you that much, and you think it needs to be said to the "fans" in St. Louis, look the numbers up on the net.

Again, I say it is a waste of your time because the biggest majority of seats (about 80% or more) are PSLs. That means only the PSL holder can buy those tickets. If they choose not to go to a game, the ticket cannot be used unless they sell it. And most times they will make a business deal out of it, and sell it for a profit; not caring who they sell it to. If I still lived in St. Louis, there would be no way for me to go to the stadium and say, "Hey let me have an empty seat that someone has already paid for, so I can root on my RAMs." They will just look at me like I am silly, and send me away.

Until PSLs are abolished, the businessman that sees his seat as a commodity will hold them as ransom from the real fans. Until the team becomes a winner. Then it will be kewl to go to a game, so they will all attend as a status symbol.

gap

gap

gap

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    What a load of crap. A decade or two? This team will be gone in 2 years if this doesn't change, and rightfully so ...

Those of us passionate fans get sick and tired of seeing what we saw this past Sunday. We get sick of people sitting in their seats with their golf claps, texting their way through games, *****ing and moaning, and whining and complaining, only to sell their PSL's to opposing teams at first chance ...

At this point, St. Louis does not deserve this team. One bad apple spoils the whole bunch, and that is unfortunate ...

Fickle fickle people. The same ones complaining about the product now will be crying tears when it's gone ....

Ask yourself this? If you owned this storied franchise and had to watch the supposed "fans" crap all over it week after week, what would you do?
    At this point the team deserves the "fans" they are stuck with. Until they get rid of this geedy double-dipping mentality (buy a PSL to be able to buy season tickets), and allow every fan an opportunity to buy season tickets every year, they will be stuck with unloyal businessmen instead of REAL fans.

To answer your last question, I would kick the out PSLers that aren't using their tickets. I would start by opening the gates halfway through the first quarter and let in enough fans to fill the empty seats. I would record those empty seats, and if they were unused three or more consecutive games, I would revoke the PSLer's right to buy those tickets. They would then become open seats. No more PSLs to lock a seat to one buyer.

gap
    Last edited by gap; -12-21-2010 at 09:48 PM.

swatter555 is offline Registered User

The Rams played like total crap whatever attendance was. And I think the thing that says the most about why the O-Line sucked is that Jason Brown blamed the fans. When you start blaming the fans, you know they just plain didn't execute. That is a sad excuse for an excuse.

Maybe St. Louis loses the Rams, I would prefer they didn't, but my life won't end. Lets get some perspective here folks, there are so many things more important to worry about in life. What attendance is at Ram home games doesn't even break into my top 10,000. Call me a bad fan, I hope it fills some void in your life and makes you feel better.

gap

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Finally able to watch the game, took a screenshot while I was viewing...

Mots, if not all, of the empty seats in this picture CANNOT be bought by RAMs fans. These are the high dollar seats that have already been sold to PSL holders. And because of the high dollar cost of these seats (in addition to the premium PSL price), they are mostly owned by businesses. Based off of some of the attempts I made to buy single game tickets in the past, I speculate that a LOT of them are owned by scaplers (the legal kind that sell online and pay a kickback to the league).

gap

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

I agree with Dez. I have had people tell me to sit down when yelling for the defense. I have ranted on this very topic before over the years. There are many "Rams" fans that attend the games that piss me off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by gap View Post
    Would you rather they be the overwhelmingly loyal and supportive fans that caused the RAMS to stay in LA????

Oh wait, there wasn't enough support in a city 10 times the size of St. Louis to support the team, and they moved to a more supportive city.

gap
    Los Angeles actually supported the Rams when they weren't owned by someone who was hellbent on market sabotage at all costs. Kroenke doesn't strike me as Frontiere reincarnated.

As for the PSL holders, I propose the Rams fans in St. Louis embark upon a campaign of boycotting and intimidation directed against those businesses who own PSLs and sell them to the highest bidder.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by gap View Post
    Mots, if not all, of the empty seats in this picture CANNOT be bought by RAMs fans. These are the high dollar seats that have already been sold to PSL holders.
    I'm pretty sure I see a lot of empty red seats in the 400 sections in that picture as well, so I have a hard time buying that every empty seat pictured is unable to be purchased by Rams fans.

Also, quoting from an October 13th PD article, "Demoff said between 5,000 and 7,500 tickets remain for each of the Rams' remaining five home games. Sunday's game against San Diego, the four-time defending AFC West champ, is in the 5,000 area of unsold tickets. So is the Dec. 19 contest with Show-Me State rival Kansas City. The Dec. 26 contest with San Francisco is in the 7,500 area, with the Oct. 31 Carolina game and the Nov. 21 Atlanta game somewhere in between."

Right now, I can get on the official NFL Ticket Exchange and find tickets to this weekend's game for as little as $40 each. It just doesn't seem like an impossible task to me.
    Last edited by Nick; -12-22-2010 at 12:34 AM.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

pointless thread can we close it?
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

I am actually on a different tangent than Dez....my complaint is with some of the sorry ass people that do attend the game. Golf claps - working Soduku puzzles....contemplating on wearing a different team's jersey if they decide to attend the next game...having their butt glued to the seats....doing the smile cam/dance cam after we get a bad call or scored upon....etc....

That being said, there are some diehard fans at the game and I love 'em!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]