Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thad Lewis

AlphaRam Guest

Re: Thad Lewis

Unless something strange happens next week, I think Null will be a former Ram.

DeaconJ is offline Registered User

Thad got grit!

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by SavageRam View Post
    By what I've seen so far this PS, I'd kick Feeley to the curb, but that probably won't happen.
    Null certainly hasn't set himself apart as a better player than Feeley. Plus heading into a season with two rookies and one second year player with a total of 4 starts between them all at QB is a bad idea.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

I like what I see from the kid, Lewis. Athletic, mobile, fair arm and seems to grasp the offense fairly well. ....and he's only working with the backups. Null could be in trouble.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

I think Keith "the Wolverine" Null is gone. Lewis has the run ability and that is what this offense needs. If Bradford goes down obviously we are going to need a mobile QB until we can solidify the line. If you ask me Feeley should go. We can build this trio to last for years to come.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by LA Rammer View Post
    I think Keith "the Wolverine" Null is gone. Lewis has the run ability and that is what this offense needs. If Bradford goes down obviously we are going to need a mobile QB until we can solidify the line. If you ask me Feeley should go. We can build this trio to last for years to come.
    I just don't see how any team could justify going into a season without any semblance of a veteran QB on the roster. Hasn't the lack of a steady vet been one of the major complaints against our WR corp? Would it really be wise to not have one at QB?

TraBuch Guest

49er fan here, but I come in peace. I'm a huge Duke fan so I was curious to see how Thad was doing. Happy to see him doing well.

At Duke, he played in a spread offense. Pretty similar to the Colts, actually, but that's not too big of a surprise considering Cutcliffe coached Manning also. His biggest problem in college was throwing on the run, which happened pretty often due to a pretty weak o-line. Instead of throwing the ball away, he'd tend to try and force the ball to the receiver, resulting in a pick more often than you'd like. When he has time to throw, he's deadly accurate with decent arm strength. He's also pretty mobile, but he sometimes doesn't run when he should. And as I'm guessing you've already seen, he's tough as hell. He took A LOT of shots at Duke, but kept getting right back up.

And to the thread starter, he had MANY weapons at Duke. Maybe not at RB, but he had excellent WR's. Eron Riley, Donovan Varner, Austin Kelly, Conner Vernon, Johnny Williams, etc. Household names? No. But excellent receivers nonetheless. Riley and Varner have both been all-ACC, and Vernon was Freshman all-American last year.

I really hope he makes it in the NFL, but I also really hope it's not starting for the Rams.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Null has the strongest arm on the roster and has supposedly made great progress. Lewis will unfortunately be cut but he's played well enough to earn a roster spot. If Feeley is hurt going into the season, I don't see why they would keep him. He looked HORRIBLE in the scrimmage and in each of the two first preseason games. What does he give you if Bradford gets hurt? It's like having Trent Green as your backup. Ok, now you have a veteran but he's horrible. Now what?

Zacharync Guest

So here we are. 2 days before cuts. Who goes and who stays?

Discuss....

SJacks039 Guest

I love thad. Bye Bye Null. You had a good run.

realmgeorge Guest

TL looked way better than Null AGAIN last night. Keep TL!

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TraBuch View Post

I really hope he makes it in the NFL, but I also really hope it's not starting for the Rams.
    I would think the way Bradford is playing that you would want Lewis starting :P

DeaconJ is offline Registered User

Mobile QB vs pocket passer.......mmmm, take the mobile. Thad's the man!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12