RANDYRAM Guest

Thumbs down Thank linhan for this mess!

WHAT coach in ther right mind would cut Bruce, HOF bound?
    Hedgecock, the Lead blocker for the the best running attack in the NFL!
    Cut the only TE on the team and then draft two rookies, who are both LAME!!
    Bring in all his friends who all suck and sign the most worthless wide receiver in the NFL for $30 mil (Drew Bennett), who made one catch and went on the IR.
    and also seem to have found the most worthless bunch of coaches that have ever choached !! THANK GOD HE IS GONE but the damage he did to this team will take years to undoo!!
    Have I forgotten anything??

RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

Re: Thank linhan for this mess!

Quote Originally Posted by RANDYRAM View Post
    Yeah Martz did not leave a very talented team when he left either. We had several years of poor ST and defense. The OL was horrible then as well. Marmie was a horrible Defensive coach and we had a very undersized defense left over from Lovie and Martz. Linehan did not do much to improve the team but it was in shambles when he took over and the best players on the team when he took over where all old and on the down side of their careers. Pace, Little, Holt, and Bruce are not near the players they were four years ago.

moloch41 is offline Registered User

Linny took a bad product and made it worse. Our defense was starting it's decline with lovie smith and had progressively gotten worse. It's sad to think that the defense was better under the Marminator, but it was.

RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by moloch41 View Post
    Linny took a bad product and made it worse. Our defense was starting it's decline with lovie smith and had progressively gotten worse. It's sad to think that the defense was better under the Marminator, but it was.
    I believe our defense is better now then it was under Marmie. Thats not saying much at all. But its is better remember the Atlanta playoff game.

moloch41 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsSB99 View Post
    I believe our defense is better now then it was under Marmie. Thats not saying much at all. But its is better remember the Atlanta playoff game.
    Check the numbers- I don't think the defense was ever this bad under marmie. Since Haslett has taken over, this defense has been awful and seemingly gets worse week in and week out.

HornIt is offline Registered User

The problem wasn't getting rid of Bruce. The problem was not getting rid of most of the past their prime, pay not equal to their production, players.

Just what good would keeping Bruce have done at this point? Would they have won a lot more games? Would they have drafted a couple young WR's had they planned on sticking with Holt and Bruce for another few years? And would Avery and Burton been better off now sitting behind him?

It sucks but it was time for Bruce to go. Of course, it was time for Holt, Pace, Bulger, Little, Chavous, Brown and Glover to go too but they've stayed past their expiration dates too.

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

How about Hedgecock? Yes, Pro-Bowl bound Hedgecock.

Linehan and the amateurs in our Front office ruined this team - absolutely ruined them.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Talent evaluation and personnel decisions haven't exactly been this team's strong suit in recent years- a big reason for the mess we currently face. Obviously, with the salary cap, it is impossible to keep every guy you'd like to keep because of financial considerations. However, the guys the Rams have let go over the past several seasons reads like a laundry list, and some fiscal creativity may have made the difference between us being competitive each week and being a laughingstock.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Ugh. How could we release Hedgecock? Now we have to go out of our way to get another full back. On top of the other needs we have.

The Linehan era is over. The Haz is a product of the Linehan era.

Guys, change is on the horizon. I'm wearing my "Believe" t-shirt during the offseason.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by RANDYRAM View Post
    Just the St.Louis Rams drafts and free agency circa 2000-2006.

The problem existed well before Linehan came aboard, and though he did little to help, he didn't exactly inherit a team of superstars. Well... a team of superstar skill position players on offense he did inherit. But an OL? One O-Lineman other than Barron was drafted on the first day in the six years of Martz's tenure. And if he had his way, it probably wouldn't have been Barron, either. Thomas Davis, anybody?

A defense?
    Linehan's mistake was not re-signing the defense's only playmaker in Ryan Pickett. I can't fault him for the poor play of the other 10 garden variety gnomes.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Linehan made his fair share of blunders with personnel moves, but as far as getting rid of guys like Bruce, Pickett, Chillar....., those were bottom line decisions that have Shawgmunt's greasy fingerprints all over them.