Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By lordwhttgr
  • 2 Post By ramsanddodgers

Thread: Thank you for another exciting year Rams

lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.

Thank you for another exciting year Rams

Thank you for another exciting year, Rams. Other than loosing some very important games this year, namely the Fudge Packers, whiners and the squawks. I had a great time driving 4 hours there to watch you pound some really good teams, namely the Bears, Saints and Colts. We are slowly turning a corner. A corner that had poor coaching, bad players and a consistent loss column of double digits. I look forward to seeing Sam return as our franchise QB as well as James leading the Defense with the Fantastic Four up front. Austin started out slow, but came out strong and I want to see more of that next year. We have a new Running Back in Stacy whom will achieve 1000+ yards rushing with a full year under his belt. Yes I look forward to next year.

Than you Jeff Fisher for coming up with outstanding coaching when Sam went down to keep our playoff hopes alive. I have more confidence with you at the helm than any of the coaches we had the last decade. You kept it exciting when Spaggs would have folded.

Well, here is to next year. Happy New Year!!!!!! And as always, Go Rams!!!!

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

Re: Thank you for another exciting year Rams

Thank you for that positive post!

I get so very tired of the negative nancies.

Here's to a better season next year and a play-off spot!

RealRam and MACD like this.
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

MACD is online now Registered User

For me personally, 2013 was the year I went from "how will we lose today" to "what wild way will we come out ahead on the scoreboard today" from game to game. Sure there were momentous letdowns, but we were able to produce some great highs.

Can't.Wait.For.This.Draft.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

2013 was definitely a mixed bag. On the positive side, we matched last year's win total, found a running game, maintained productivity on the defensive line, had good linebacker play and our kicking game was once again solid. Robert Quinn, in particular, had a phenomenal season. Many of our rookies and/or 2nd year guys- Brockers, Ogletree, Austin- showed they could be a big part of something special in the near future. Not to be overlooked is the job the coaches did in maintaining togetherness and not packing it in when Bradford went down and things seemed hopeless. Wins against Indy and New Orleans- playoff teams- showed we can go toe to toe with good teams if we play to potential.

On the flip side, we played poorly to start the year and it took a terrible injury to our QB before we started to focus. After 6 or 7 games, it was once again apparent we would be watching a team destined to fall way short of challenging for a playoff spot. Undisciplined, penalty-filled football reared its head far too often. Our 1-4 divisional record showed just how much everyone else has improved- and illustrated we still have much work to do to get to the playoffs. The injury to Jake Long is a concern moving forward. And I still have major concerns about our receiving unit, one which still doesn't have a big-time stud at the position who scares defenses.

It is obvious we are much better off now than we were 2-3 years ago, but now a winning record and playoffs are really the only thing that will satisfy me as we move into year three of the Fisher regime.

Trevor is offline Registered User

Wait... The Rams played the Packers?

lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Wait... The Rams played the Packers?
    Game 2 of preseason.