Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 37
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Thats not *&$*ing Holding

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Glenrothes, SCOTLAND
    Posts
    9,979
    Rep Power
    20

    Thats not *&$*ing Holding

    Thats not *&$*ing Holding

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Way to go mate


  2. #2
    JM7's Avatar
    JM7
    JM7 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    65
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Thats not *&$*ing Holding

    haha while it was quite humorous. He cost his team twice...on the same play.

  3. #3
    Trevor's Avatar
    Trevor is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vicenza, Italy From Hagerstown, MD
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,318
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: Thats not *&$*ing Holding

    I like how a couple seconds after he said that, the crowd goes a little crazy, sounded like everyone was laughing. LOL

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Glenrothes, SCOTLAND
    Posts
    9,979
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Thats not *&$*ing Holding

    who gives a cw*p if it cost us, sorry to say that these refs will not let us do anything in this game.

    I thought it was funny

  5. #5
    bradwill's Avatar
    bradwill is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    atlanta
    Posts
    457
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Thats not *&$*ing Holding

    Highlight of the game!

  6. #6
    Keenum's Avatar
    Keenum is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Alabama
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,865
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: Thats not *&$*ing Holding

    I like that he's showing emotion... but we of all teams really cannot afford to give up 15 yards, especially on offense! At least he's now got an interesting story to tell his grandkids one day.

  7. #7
    gap's Avatar
    gap
    gap is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,311
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: Thats not *&$*ing Holding

    And he was right. Even if you could have called that holding, they were letting the Bengals get away with A LOT worse.


    gap

  8. #8
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    55
    Posts
    12,093
    Rep Power
    132

    Re: Thats not *&$*ing Holding

    Gotta love Harvey Dahl. The refs, not so much, who let Clemens get belted helmet to helmet again and again, yet failed to call all but one. As far as the penalty on Dahl, I hear that kind of stuff EVERY game.

  9. #9
    macrammer's Avatar
    macrammer is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Livermore, Ca/ Arnold,Ca
    Age
    55
    Posts
    2,331
    Rep Power
    31

    Re: Thats not *&$*ing Holding

    Dahl is a keeper. While I never ever weigh in that a game was won or lost by ref's this game today was simply a head scratcher. Helmet to helmets all over the place on our QB and then the PI on Hood that was incedental. But as the great Moon Joe said, we are just not good enough to overcome those things.

  10. #10
    PeoriaRam's Avatar
    PeoriaRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,173
    Rep Power
    40

    Re: Thats not *&$*ing Holding

    I'm going to break with the crowd and say that Dahl was an idiot along the lines of Barron et al. It's ok to be mad at the refs, but its not ok to vocalize it in such a matter-it kills a drive and more likely than not invites the refs to call ticky tack crap on you for the rest of the game.

  11. #11
    emuen's Avatar
    emuen is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    259
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Thats not *&$*ing Holding

    Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    [...]and more likely than not invites the refs to call ticky tack crap on you for the rest of the game.
    They had been calling crap all day. Someone should tell them.
    Wonder if Dahl will get a fine for swearing on television?

  12. #12
    Tampa_Ram's Avatar
    Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Bat Yam, Israel
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,958
    Rep Power
    30

    Re: Thats not *&$*ing Holding

    Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    I'm going to break with the crowd and say that Dahl was an idiot along the lines of Barron et al. It's ok to be mad at the refs, but its not ok to vocalize it in such a matter-it kills a drive and more likely than not invites the refs to call ticky tack crap on you for the rest of the game.
    you mean the refs that werent calling the penalties they shoudlve been all game even before that happened? i think Dahl was very much in his right to call out the refs. he wasnt an idiot, the refs sucked horribly and apparently need glasses.

    As for killing drives, do we have drives that succeed? the rams cant sustain drives so to say it was a drive killer? the offense is a drive killer.

    To mention Dahls name in the same sentence as Barron is just rediculous.

    I rather see a player with passion then sit back and be like Spags.

    The crowd at the EJD loved it.

    Yes in my opinion, respecting the refs to a godlike standard is rediculous, they make mistakes, like they did today, when they made a ton of them, and most certainly deserved to be called out in the worst way possible. What do the rams have to lose?

    Dahl gained my respect for him even more today for being a man among men, something which our HC does not know how to do.
    RockinRam and ZiaRam like this.


  13. #13
    sosa39rams's Avatar
    sosa39rams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, On
    Posts
    5,571
    Rep Power
    45

    Re: Thats not *&$*ing Holding

    Now that was funny. It eased the pain of the penalty. Its good too see he has passion for the game, but hes gotta be smarter than that.

  14. #14
    PeoriaRam's Avatar
    PeoriaRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,173
    Rep Power
    40

    Re: Thats not *&$*ing Holding

    Quote Originally Posted by Tampa_Ram View Post
    you mean the refs that werent calling the penalties they shoudlve been all game even before that happened? i think Dahl was very much in his right to call out the refs. he wasnt an idiot, the refs sucked horribly and apparently need glasses.

    As for killing drives, do we have drives that succeed? the rams cant sustain drives so to say it was a drive killer? the offense is a drive killer.

    To mention Dahls name in the same sentence as Barron is just rediculous.

    I rather see a player with passion then sit back and be like Spags.

    The crowd at the EJD loved it.

    Yes in my opinion, respecting the refs to a godlike standard is rediculous, they make mistakes, like they did today, when they made a ton of them, and most certainly deserved to be called out in the worst way possible. What do the rams have to lose?

    Dahl gained my respect for him even more today for being a man among men, something which our HC does not know how to do.
    I'd rather my players be smart than manly or conform to some standard of brashness. It was a stupid penalty to take with the game still in the balance, and therefore WAS Barron-esque. Or Turley-esque since team-killing outbursts of rage where more in that guy's wheelhouse. Good, smart players know when not to push officials...or at least to vehemently disagree with them while not in range of the mic. (That's the real issue here BTW; the flag had to be thrown because the entire stadium and viewing audience heard it.)

    Bottom line, it's possible to be passionate without being stupid. Which is something I'd rather see.

  15. #15
    RealRam's Avatar
    RealRam is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    8,585
    Rep Power
    68

    Re: Thats not *&$*ing Holding

    'Didn't get to see the game; not sure I understand what happened. Anyone have the incident of YouTube?

    Thanks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Bradford Holding Up Well
    By r8rh8rmike in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: -12-26-2010, 06:35 PM
  2. JL More Than Holding His Own Among Rookie LBs
    By AvengerRam in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: -10-14-2009, 06:46 AM
  3. Defensive holding
    By UtterBlitz in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: -12-13-2006, 03:06 PM
  4. Fisher is holding up his end well
    By RamDez in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -10-10-2004, 04:14 AM
  5. NFL Penalties Down, Defensive Holding Up
    By DJRamFan in forum NFL TALK
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: -09-15-2004, 01:54 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •