Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    RamTime Guest

And that's why your innocient until proven guilty

This case looks like a blatant attempt by a egomaniac to earn a stripe at Littles expense. When the officers partner says he did not see the same thing as his buddy you have to wonder if someone here is lying. Maybe there should be an investigation into the arresting officer. perhaps they will reopen a couple of the other 300 + cases he was involved in. If he did this to Leonard Little, just think what he is capable of doing to the ones who cannot afford representation. There will be those who cry foul that Little got off but I won't be one of them.

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

Re: And that's why your innocient until proven guilty

I don't think it was an agenda the guy had against Little. It seems more like they were dealing with an officer who tries to 'pad his stats' and Little was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Little was however breaking the law by going 23 mph over the speed limit so the cop had reason to pull him over. He had been drinking, whether he was over the legal limit or not we'll never know, so there was reason for suspicion.

However this officer should be held accountable for not administering these tests by the book. I'm sure he'll be under revue or at least have to go through training. Then again, it's not really his fault that the department hasn't trained veteran officers for several years.

I hope Little realizes not to put himself anywhere near this situation again. If he wasn't intoxicated then good for him. But he was guilty of putting himself in that situation.

We'll never know what the real facts were on that morning. But I suppose it's best to trust the wheels of justice on this one and move on with our Pro Bowl defensive end into 2005.

moklerman is offline Registered User

Little was acquitted of "drunk" driving but he was once again drinking and driving. Should we start a pool to see how long before he kills again?

tanus is offline Registered User

so you've never drank two beers in one day then driven home?

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman
    Little was acquitted of "drunk" driving but he was once again drinking and driving. Should we start a pool to see how long before he kills again?
    I really dont think there is any need for that.

Nope. Never.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

The latter part of Mok's post probably wasn't necessary, but he makes an important point about Little's continued drinking and driving that concerns me. Anyone who has taken a life as the result of driving under the influence should never again take the chance of repeating such a monumental mistake, regardless of how much alcohol they consume. It's just not worth the risk IMO.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Should we start a pool to see how long before he kills again?
    Wow, classy.

Quote Originally Posted by tanus
    Many times. However, the question should be should Little be drinking at all, given what's happened to him thus far in his relatively young life? I'm not sure which side of the coin I fall on - one could say that as long as it's in moderation and he's not driving anywhere then it's fine, but has Little shown the ability to do that? I'm not so sure.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RealRam is offline Registered User

Re: And that's why your innocent until proven guilty

Wow, classy. --NS
    For sure.

Mok, you're not alone. Regardless of driving, I have never, ever had a beer; I never drank any alcohol "for the sake of it" -- to this day, I do not drink.

And I do hold Leonard Little responsible for his actions. :tough:

...But to even suggest a 'pool' to study the alternative results as you imply is uncalled for.

Nonetheless, based on the trial info I've read thus far, I believe Little will be acquitted.

tanus is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    Wow, classy.

Many times. However, the question should be should Little be drinking at all, given what's happened to him thus far in his relatively young life? I'm not sure which side of the coin I fall on - one could say that as long as it's in moderation and he's not driving anywhere then it's fine, but has Little shown the ability to do that? I'm not so sure.
    I see what you are saying. I don't think Little should have to give up drinking alcohol for the rest of his life because he made a huge mistake. If he wants to, that is fine, but he shouldn't be forced to. Until he is found guilty of driving drunk again it is only fair to give LL the benefit of the doubt that he has learned his lesson. I think we all need to remember that the second officer at the scene testified that he could not conclude that LL was drunk.

Everyone has their own opinions about what LL should do in this situation and that is fine. The thing that really bothers me is that LL has broken no rule by drinking 2 beers. I've already stated that it wasn't the smartest thing in the world for him to do but it wasn't illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by tanus
    The thing that really bothers me is that LL has broken no rule by drinking 2 beers.
    Agreed. As long as he can stay out from behind the wheel, I don't care how much beer Little drinks.

Well I'm glad my little pool idea got people to react a little. You see, how you guy's feel about my idea is how I feel about Little's actions. Based on his poor judgement he has absoultely no understanding of the reality of what he did. No one with any sense in their head would continue drinking and driving after killing someone in the same fashion.

Tanus, you seem to be very forgiving and defensive of Little's actions but I wonder if you think drinking alcohol is worth your way of life? I could care less about Little as I think he's a perfect example of everything bad assosciated with rich, spoiled athletes, but even looking at it from just his point of view, he's risking Millions of dollars, his career and the security of his family because he HAS to have a drink or two or more and go driving around at 3 o'clock in the morning. How many good things do you ever hear about that happened that late at night? He has no sense.

So, while I agree that the officers had conflicting stories and there was obvious doubt as to whether or not Little was drunk of his feet and/or incapcitated, the moron admitted to having drinks and getting behind the wheel. But, this is probably the first time he's done that since his last incident, right?

So, while I agree that the officers had conflicting stories and there was obvious doubt as to whether or not Little was drunk of his feet and/or incapcitated, the moron admitted to having drinks and getting behind the wheel.
    If you feel so strongly about it, go talk to your local elected officials instead of complaining about it on a message board.

I say that because most states (if not all, at this point) have a legal blood alcohol limit of 0.08, not 0.00. Meaning, you are not considered legally drunk unless your blood alcohol concentration is at or above that level.

But if you feel this is something that needs changed, that people shouldn't be allowed to drive after drinking under any circumstances, then get in contact with your local elected officials and try to get the laws altered. Let us know how your campaign goes.

Until then, it would seem you have to accept the law for what it is.
    Last edited by Nick; -04-03-2005 at 04:37 AM.

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

Oh boy. Another self-righteous rant from the perfect citizen himself.

Forgive us Mok, for must of us have fallen to the evil temptation of alcohol, and have driven home with a few beers in us, knowing that a few beers doesn't impair motor skills or judgement.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Plus, we still don't know the whole story.

Maybe Little goes out drinking 2 or 3 times a week and this was the one time he got pulled over.

Maybe he almost never drinks and this time was talked into a second beer by the pressure of his peers and just happened to get pulled over.

Maybe he's an arrogant reprobate who has no concerns for the consequences of his actions.

Maybe he's a decent guy who made a mistake.

Unless you can honestly say you know which one of these (or the countless other possible) categories Little falls into, maybe its better to just evaluate him as a football player and let someone else pass judgment on him as a human being.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast