Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: And that's why your innocient until proven guilty

Actually, you're both wrong this time!

That is an actual press release - I did not make it up.

And... I don't have a file on Warner, just a very good memory for trivial facts. That, coupled with the magic of Google allowed me to pull up the press release in no time.

The point is, everyone does careless and foolish things from time to time. So, he who is without sins...

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    Actually, you're both wrong this time!

That is an actual press release - I did not make it up.

And... I don't have a file on Warner, just a very good memory for trivial facts. That, coupled with the magic of Google allowed me to pull up the press release in no time.

The point is, everyone does careless and foolish things from time to time. So, he who is without sins...
    Yea...... but couldn't you have brought up a press release about someone else speeding? After all, I know you would never want to "have an inherent desire to cause discussions to escalate into heated battles".

Yes, but I do it with panache. :tongue:

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    Yes, but I do it with panache. :tongue:
    No doubt about that.

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Well so Little wins his case. That's all fine and Dandy Don, But if that guy does it again, That stupid *******, and that's what he will be if it happens again,I'll never want to see him play again!!! The point isn't about driving after 2 beers and I'm sure it was more, but the fact he killed somebody already. I don't feel for this guy at all. He's lucky he's even getting another chance! I'm wondering if the family of the woman he killed has been attending the trial?
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

moklerman is offline Registered User

This thread is about Leonard Little and his actions. I'm sorry the conversation went off into phylisophical and legal reasons why a person should or shouldn't drive after drinking but that's not what my problem is with all of this. I'm not going to campaign for new laws on the subject either. I live in California and about the only way to insure good driving would be to revoke about 80% of the license's that are out there. Between truck driving and delivery driving I've done my fair share of time on the road. Relatively speaking, very safely. For example, I never drive 20 miles over the speed limit so yes, I would criticize Warner for getting caught. However, I don't feel that 80 mph is a completely reckless act on it's own.

That's where the argument falls a little short for me and leads me back to what my feelings are all about. Leonard Little is a specific situation and from what I've heard he hasn't learned his lesson and doesn't seem to appreciate the gravity of his past actions. For HIM to be drinking and driving again is offensive to me. If you don't have a problem with it because now the Rams have a good player on the field then I'm glad that does it for you. Some have argued that we don't know all the facts of the case and that's true. But the facts that are out there support my argument and feelings on the subject. He drove drunk. He killed someone. He still drinks and drives.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman
    But the facts that are out there support my argument and feelings on the subject.
    The facts show that Leonard Little was found not guilty of drunken driving. You said your position is that Little's actions are offensive to you, but that's an opinion, not fact. So what facts are out there, and what position do they support?

moklerman is offline Registered User

He drove drunk. He killed someone. He still drinks and drives.
    ...ya' gotta read all the way to the end of the thread! :tongue:

The fact is the idiot was driving after drinking period! He killed somebody! I don't give a rats ass how much he drank, the fact is he did and he killed someone the last time he did this! he had a good lawyer and he got off. that's just great for the irresponsible dumb****.Maybe it's a wake up call....I doubt it! If he wasn't woke up in 98 , which looks to be the case, he ain't never waken up!

For example, I never drive 20 miles over the speed limit so yes, I would criticize Warner for getting caught.
    "For getting caught"? I hope you meant that you would criticize Warner for driving (nearly) 20 miles over the limit, not for getting caught.

However, I don't feel that 80 mph is a completely reckless act on it's own.
    Not until you crash.

He still drinks and drives.
    Yes, though there is no evidence that he drives while impaired. Morally, I can agree that someone with Little's history really shouldn't drink at all when he's driving, but legally, he's entitled to drive when he's unimpaired.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

...ya' gotta read all the way to the end of the thread! :tongue:
    You're right, I did miss those. But as long as he's not legally intoxicated, he's allowed to have something to drink and then drive. There's a legal BAC limit for a reason, y'know, and Little refused the breath test at the police station. So again, what argument do those facts of your's support?

It's funny. You like to say the facts support your case, but apparently are willing to ignore or shun the overwhelming number of those facts that don't - such as the law, for one.

Quote Originally Posted by theodus69
    he had a good lawyer and he got off.
    Does it really take a good lawyer to ask the back-up officer if he can corroborate the arresting officer's story, or to look into the arrest history of the officer in question? I'm not so sure.

I think the prosecution was hampered not by the skill of Little's lawyer but rather the general weakness of his own case. The guy had nearly a year to come up with an air-tight argument to present to a jury, and apparently didn't even consider the back-up officer's testimony.

Bush league.
    Last edited by Nick; -04-04-2005 at 03:17 PM.

Like we all do on our ways to work..Drive unimpaired. When your speeding and you get pulled over and the cop asks you.." Sir have you been drinking?" The best response is.. " Why? Is ther a fat ugly chick in my car?" :tongue:

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

Git R' Done, Theodus.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Most of the time in my life, it's hard for me to distinguish right from wrong for my own dag gum self much less for what is correct for Leonard Little and society.

This may be politically incorrect what I'm about to say but as most of you know, I'm politically incorrect anyway and dang proud of it. This is great news for the Rams in two aspects. One: we don't have to draft a DE necessarily in the first round to start. Maybe for depth but not for a starter. Two: the Rams have what could be formidable bookends on the D line with Little and Hargrove.

I don't see why you should feel apprehensive about taking that position, Tx.

Leonard Little is not your son, your brother, your cousin, or your friend. He's the starting defensive end on your favorite football team. If he were a man of such high character as to be considered a role model... great. But, at the end of the day, the only reason we care about the guy is that he's the Ram most likely to have more than 10 sacks this year.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast