View Poll Results: Which of the supposed to remaining candidates would you prefer?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Leslie Fraser

19 37.25%
  • Steve Spagulano

32 62.75%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    itsguud is offline Registered User

And THen there were TWO

Choice Please!

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: And THen there were TWO

It's very hard to vote against a guy that was able to put a defensive game plan together to upset the undefeated Patriots on the big stage.

BUT......

I voted for Frazier.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

chose Spags but i think Frazier will get it..and id back him..aslong as its not Garrett we cant go wrong with the other 3.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ramblin` Ram View Post
    chose Spags but i think Frazier will get it..and id back him..aslong as its not Garrett we cant go wrong with the other 3.
    Very good post.

I voted for the Spags. I like his defense alot. Its what got the team their ring last year.

They both play 4-3 defense which we are under right now. It's time to get this defense to the top.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

I am an ex-NY'er and I don't envision Spagnuolo coming to the Rams. I think the Giants will make every effort to keep him in NY. They will need to revamp their offense and probably want stability on the defensive side of the ball. The only option I see Spags taking if he doesn't stay with the Giants is going to the Jets if they cannot get Ryan. That will be Spags way of telling the Giants he was under-appreciated.

Just my humble opinion. I still like Frazier a lot for us. I think he will be a steady influence that will be able to reach the players in a way that Tony Dungy was able to with the Colts. I like that approach. Maybe today's the day.

Go Rams!

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

There are too many unknowns to do anything but speculate on who the choice will be but I want Frazier. I voted for him in the last poll when the finalists were announced & the more I learn about him, the more convinced I become.

LF has more experience in positions of coaching authority; 2 stints as DC and his units got better each time. He was a HC at the college level. In fact, he started a program & made it a winner. A lot of the concern I have about a non-former HC is how he will handle the multi-tasking of the job. His success at Trinity goes a long way to allaying those misgivings. Plus he has been a part of some great but also very diverse winning NFL organizations at Chicago,Philly,Indy, and Minn.

LF was a first class player in the NFL which gives him the credibility that was probably responsible for a lot of Haz's popularity with Rams players.

One of the most impressive commonalities of LF's work as DC and DB coach has been the increase in Ints. To me, that says he knows how to win the chess match vs OCs by coaching up his players on their tendencies & be pro-active at stopping them. I want Atogwe and Bartell making plays on the ball BEFORE it gets into the opposing receivers hands,not after. The former is more likely to bring consistent success. The latter is about sheer athletic ability and luck.

I think the Asst HC tag is used by teams much like the RFA/franchise player tags are used for players. The contract involved usually prohibits the guy from taking another equivalent job without permission. LF has been so designated twice. Dungy & The Colts let him go because they knew Caldwell was going to be their guy before he even got there. Minn tried to protect him from being cherry-picked this year. Clearly both organizations thought he was a valuable commodity.

It is going to be a gamble, whomever The Rams pick, experienced or not, but I like everything I hear about this guy's quiet but commanding leadership & his experience steeped in winning, & the high regard in which he is held by guys like Dungy, Childress, and Harbaugh.

I would still be excited if either Spags or Ryan were picked but I think there is more evidence that this guy has the intangibles to be the leader we need to rebuild our team.
    Last edited by Azul e Oro; -01-16-2009 at 03:35 PM.

MauiRam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Who's Spagulano ??

blood85 is offline Registered User

Frayssshhhaaaa!!!

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    Who's Spagulano ??
    LOL...thx for pointing that out ,MR. I was dying to do so myself.

Perhaps this Spagulano is a clone of Tony Soprano ( the tv mobster,not the Clannie) and Rudy Giuliani; a candidate with a media buzz enhanced tough guy rep and a perceived hero who was in the right place at the right time.

I have to say it's a bit mean-spirited for a poster lolling on a tropical island to dig at a Clannie who probably has brain-freeze in the Canadian North.

Then again, a guy who spells "good" with two "u"s is probably asking for a little grief.

unorthodox1999 is offline Registered User

Man, how can we lose with either one of these two??

(I chose Spagnuolo but am very pleased with Frazier)

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by unorthodox1999 View Post
    Man, how can we lose with either one of these two??

(I chose Spagnuolo but am very pleased with Frazier)

Exactly.

I'm going to be very happy with either one. Be it Frazier or Spags, this team is going to be a different team come next season.

All evidence and signs so far point to us getting Frazier, but I think Devaney knows what he's doing, and he's going to get us a right coach.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Which of the supposed two remaining candidates would you prefer?
    Super Sport Steve Spagnuolo! [I'm a Chevy / GM man] Solid selection!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails And THen there were TWO-supersport.jpg  
    Last edited by RealRam; -01-16-2009 at 06:09 PM. Reason: SS solid selection

shower beers is offline Registered User

DOWN GOES FRAZIER!!!

(spag)

Truth is offline Registered User

I'm for Frazier. However, I wouldn't be disappointed with getting Spags either. To me, this is a win/win.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    I'm for Frazier. However, I wouldn't be disappointed with getting Spags either. To me, this is a win/win.
    Getting either is a win/win. That's exactly what Carl Banks and Solomon Wilcots were saying today on NFL TALK. (Satelite Radio) They were talking about both of these guys and their respective coaching backgrounds at great length. The RAMS can't go wrong with either of them.

They actually thought the potential sale of the team might in fact have an impact on whether either of these guys would take the job. Ownership needed to put their sales hats on and do alot of convincing that each candidate had nothing to be concerned about.

The strange thing is that Banks and Wilcots didn't talk about or bring up any other potential coaching names as far as the RAMS were concerned.

Not 1 word about RYAN, GARRETT, FASSEL...etc....

Obviously they are very confident that the RAMS have this thing narrowed down to 2.
    Last edited by laram0; -01-16-2009 at 06:19 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast