theodus69 is offline Registered User

Theodus' thoughts

Steven Jackson ran very well. Bulger took some shots and Matt Turk......Well it's nice to have a real punter! Adeyanjo? Nice game! I think Mccollum and Timmerman might want to check themselves, they left a bit to be desired. Our QB situation looks to be nails. We got quality across the board there. The pass rush looked like it is getting better. This will help our backs tremenduosly! Actually , the Rams looked better than I expected! It's the first P-game and it don't mean much but than again it does. I liked what I saw in the short period the first team O was out there. The Texans are next and we will see how the boys face them! just quick thoughts , hope I didn't repeat HUB.

I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

Re: Theodus' thoughts

I put very little credence in preseason games. I was working until halftime so I was not able to see how the first team did. The game was on but I could not watch it play-by-play, only caught replays occasionally.

It seems the Offense did fair to good and the defense may be a definite improvement over last year.

Hopefully the coaches got a feel for the gamers and got a good feel for positive additons to the team

It is so hard to judge by preseason games because of all the players being tried out by both teams

GO RAMS!!

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

one thing im happy about is that we have won a preseason game. Previous years we have gone 0-4 in the preseason, and people wrote it off saying 'its only preseason', yet the same problems that were evident in the preseason showed up during the regular season.

getting a win is a nice start.

I believe that we have split the pre season games in previous years

AugustaRamFan is offline Registered User

Finally I can agree with some folks.

No sense in getting twisted over one preseason game.

Yes I groaned about the onsides kick! Imho, if I were a Colt fan, I'm smiling, as a Ram fan I thought it was no way to start a preseason Game (a little bush league even) . But - Better to learn that lesson in preseason when it does not really matter!

Yes, I groaned when Manning picked the secondary apart on the first drive. Well Manning is a hell of a Quarterback and he is certainly ready to start the season already. He was near perfect. But, I am not over reacting to the first drive (which should have been ours..). Again, some lessons to be learned...

The Rams D Expected to be on the sidelines - since the O was to have the ball, so automatiocally they were back on their heels..
    I don't know if the headsets were down - but throw that in the pot..
    No huddle...
    Silent count...(all this is a nightmare for a new D)
    add all this to ...a new D scheme - a lot of new players on the field for the first time when it really mattered.. and
    Well experience won out over a lack thereof.... I will withhold judgement for the present time.

Seemed like the Rams #1 O was going to lay one on the Colts too, but although Bulger was good, he still looked in preseason form and let's face it the O Line had some protection issues.

Others that impressed...

Adenjaywu (sp?)
    Fitz
    Kloppy - except for the dink pass he dropped from Frerotte
    Cog...
    Fisher the running back..(all the back up running backs looked good)
    If Hill picks off that pass...Hmmmm

Lastly, my biggest concern at this point is the SP Teams...Kick off coverage has to get better.... Punt and Punt return looked OK.

My expectation was that the 1s show some chemistry and cohesion and I saw that and..

That the 2s and 3s win individual battles (which I saw a lot)...

Overall I would say the first preseson game was a success!!! They even won!!

CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User

It seems to be a problem ever since Vermiel left....

Special Teams......

Did we have any safties in this game????(LOL)

On a good note:

The effort was there..
    I love the aggressive D
    Some of the big boys in the interior defensive line look very impressive...
    The O-line needs a little tune up but overall look very good.
    Steven is so powerfull we need to ride that power more often.....

Thought I would check pre season's with Martz

2000 (2-2)
    2001 (3-2)
    2002 (0-4)
    2003 (1-3)
    2004 (1-3)

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Well the first drive by the Colts was expected, they do that crap all the time. And if you look real hard at the long reception on that drive, the Receiver Didn't actually have 2 feet in bounds. if he did it was a bad angle. But for the most part, i just liked what I saw! Linehans offense may suit Jackson a hell of alot better!
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!