Aries51 is offline Registered User

A theory on Pace and camp

This may seem far fetched to some,but I have been wondering if Paces refusal to sign long term and not participate in summer camps may have something to do with the death of Korey Stringer in 2001.We all have pretty much summed up that Pace does not like training camp,but I really have to wonder if there is more to the picture than meets the eye.Like I said ,this may be crazy speculation,but I really feel that Stringers death may have had a huge impact on Pace and he may have a genuine fear of practicing in extreme heat.just my two cents worth.

ST.LOUIS RAMS:THE MOST FRUSTRATING TEAM IN THE NFL!!!

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: A theory on Pace and camp

Interesting theory. I'm not too familiar with Stringer as a player. Was there something that made his death even more personal for Pace?
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

MauiRam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Interesting theory...but.. Korey had a big time weight problem, whereas big O other than his rookie year, has really kept himself in good shape especially for an O line guy,(not to be confused with "game shape"). Also Martz tends to go easy on his veterans during camp. I suppose we will never know for sure, but if I had to bet on either "lazy" or "scared" I'd go "lazy" at this point. :tongue:

GO RAMMS!!!!!!!!!

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

Well what I can say is that I've been to illinois and in may the humidity was real nasty.In that particular Year Corey Sringer wasnt the only one that hung up his cleets.I think there was a couple of college player that went down also.It was a pretty big deal that year,but as far as Pace?It affected everybody.He knows the risk like the rest of the players and thats part of what he gets paid for.The N.F.L has a guide line to protect against what Stringer went though and died by.The coaches have to be able to see it coming on,and they have a large part of the responsibility for the players health in camp. They have to keep these guys cool and hydrated.
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

Skynyrd is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam
    Interesting theory...but.. Korey had a big time weight problem, whereas big O other than his rookie year, has really kept himself in good shape especially for an O line guy,(not to be confused with "game shape"). Also Martz tends to go easy on his veterans during camp. I suppose we will never know for sure, but if I had to bet on either "lazy" or "scared" I'd go "lazy" at this point. :tongue:

GO RAMMS!!!!!!!!!
    Agreed MauiRam. Like I've said before, Orlando doesn't give a damn about anybody but Orlando. What more proof do you need? Walter Jones and Chris Samuels have signed long-term deals so the basic parameters of Pace's contract are set. He's had an agent now for a week and yet he's still not signed to a long-term deal even though by doing so he'd free up around $3 mil in cap space for the team. Now what does that tell you? It tells me that he's NOT a team player and that he's lazy. Same old same old. Peace

RamTime Guest

I thought Stringers Death Was Post Pace Holdout #1

AugustaRamFan is offline Registered User

Opie is all about Opie as stated above.

Lazy is as Lazy does......

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I really feel that Stringers death may have had a huge impact on Pace and he may have a genuine fear of practicing in extreme heat
    Ironically enough, last summer's camp was extremely mild. Low humidity and temps in the high 70s. It was beautiful! I took the mrs. and our man/child, loaded down with bottles of water thinking the baby would get too hot out there. He loved it, the weather was great. After practice he even got to play with Pisa while Looker and I discussed fatherhood. I kid you not.

Anyway, point being, the weather was great, and Pace would have had nothing to worry about last year.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Aries51 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    Interesting theory. I'm not too familiar with Stringer as a player. Was there something that made his death even more personal for Pace?
    Well,They both went to Ohio State.Like I said,this is just speculation on my part.Pace may just be lazy or he may just hate camp.If he doesnt sign by March 15 that would kind of indicate that he really doesnt care about the team. :disappoin
    ST.LOUIS RAMS:THE MOST FRUSTRATING TEAM IN THE NFL!!!