Like Tree16Likes
  • 7 Post By AvengerRam
  • 1 Post By THOLTFAN81
  • 1 Post By Flippin' Ram
  • 3 Post By laram0
  • 1 Post By sosa39rams
  • 2 Post By NJ Ramsfan1
  • 1 Post By AvengerRam

Thread: There are only two things I know for certain when it comes to Jeff Fisher.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

There are only two things I know for certain when it comes to Jeff Fisher.

And they are...

1. While I believe him to be the best candidate for the job, it is entirely possible that someone else could be a better fit. Heck... a few years ago, I didn't know who Sean Payton was, and now he's arguably one of the top HCs in football. So... IF WE DON'T GET FISHER, ITS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD.

2. The speculation and "reporting" on this story has become silly. Reporters "tweeting" that Fisher is leaning this way or the other. Reporters guessing at when the announcement will be made. All I know is that Jeff Fisher is reportedly home thinking about his options and talking it over with his family. I seriously doubt that he has said word one to anyone in the media, so... THE MEDIA CAN SPECULATE ALL THEY WANT, BUT THEY DON'T KNOW ANYTHING!

I, for one, will be glad when this is resolved.

QUINNtessentialTruth is offline Registered User

Re: There are only two things I know for certain when it comes to Jeff Fisher.

Exactly. He definitely would be a great fit for us, but it is no where close to the end of the world if we don't get him. There are other candidates and maybe even better fits for us. I am with you though that this needs to be resolved, this waiting game is what is making everything worse. The longer the wait the bigger the loss/gain is going to feel, and that effect sucks

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Couldn't have written a more perfect thread Av. Most of my threads aren't because I'm just begging for Fisher, it's because I just want to know if he's coming here or Miami. I could honestly care less at this point if he goes to Miami. I got faith in the organization and know we will bring in the right person. Part of me would rather have the next Tomlin, McCarthy or Payton then Jeff Fisher.

Also for those that say we just should've kept Spags-- newsflash we were 10-38. Aka he is a terrible HC it is unfair to cripple the guys we bring in before they even start that they are the next Spags.
    Fettmaster likes this.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

The more Fisher doesn't make up his mind, the more I'm leaning towards a coordinator becoming our HC. I'd feel optimistic about getting Fisher but at the same time, we might end up seeing more dinosaur football out of him.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by fliptalianstallion View Post
    The more Fisher doesn't make up his mind, the more I'm leaning towards a coordinator becoming our HC. I'd feel optimistic about getting Fisher but at the same time, we might end up seeing more dinosaur football out of him.
    I think at this stage I'll be more excited if we get Horton than if we get Fisher... Guy is taking the LeBron route and really dragging this out

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I want everyone here to know this:

We hired Scott Linehan (former OC). I supported Linehan bigtime.

We hired Spags (former DC). I supported Spags bigtime.

I'm only supporting our next HEADCOACH if he has had HEADCOACHING experience.

I've had it with these experiments at the expense of us the fans. We want winners!!!!!!!!!

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

I'd be very happy with Ray Horton. Apparently a lot of Cardinals fans really want us to land Fisher and not Horton. Why not take the hopefully up and coming next big thing, switch our D to the dominant 3-4, and hurt a division rival all at once?
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

I can't argue with the logic of AV's thread, but I for one feel we need to make a splash by landing a name guy with a proven track record. The last time we did it (Vermeil), it paid off big time. Since then, this franchise has been a second tier organization, and I've completely had it. Everything we touch turns to ****. It both befuddles and amuses me when people get all happy over a guy possibly coming to the organization when we know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about the guy- "Oh, yeah, Ray Horton, he's awesome", "Jay Gruden- he's John's brother, so he's probably good and he's the next best thing to John", and similar sentiments. Come on. Getting pumped over this clown from Denver who got shredded by the Bills a couple of weeks ago. Jason Garrett, Raheem Morris, Leslie Frazier and Spags were all "great interviews" and highly regarded. Where are they now? Only Garrett and Frazier remain employed- by the skin of their teeth.

As a Rams fan, I'll support whomever we hire, but will be sorely disappointed if we cannot seal the deal and capitalize on this opportunity to get Fisher and make the league take notice we're not screwing around anymore.
    laram0 and GROUND DOG 39 like this.

macrammer is offline Registered User

tick tock Stan is on the clock.........

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    The speculation and "reporting" on this story has become silly. Reporters "tweeting" that Fisher is leaning this way or the other. Reporters guessing at when the announcement will be made. All I know is that Jeff Fisher is reportedly home thinking about his options and talking it over with his family. I seriously doubt that he has said word one to anyone in the media, so... [B]THE MEDIA CAN SPECULATE ALL THEY WANT, BUT THEY DON'T KNOW ANYTHING!
    I would agree that the media probably doesn't really know much, but they're no doubt being told things. Whether or not it's from Fisher's people, someone is getting played. I hope it's not the Rams.

39WillRunYaOva is offline Registered User

Exactly its all speculation know one but fisher knows what he is thinking.I too will be glad when this is over so we can start the off season proccess and begin evaluating the incoming draft prospects.We need all the time in the world we will have an entirely new offensive and defensive system lets this rolling already.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Double post.
    Last edited by Goldenfleece; -01-10-2012 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Double post.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

One thing I've learned from experience is that you don't trust people who start putting arbitrary odds on how a person is going to decide. Even if Fisher himself were telling us which way he was leaning on an hourly basis, it wouldn't mean anything until he had committed.

cayal Guest

Fisher is the king of saying a lot and giving out any kind of information. It's crazy how he manages to talk for a long time and still not give an answer.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

If you want to see how NOT to react to this situation, just take a look at the boneheads over at the PD's Rams Talk. Not only are there several posters who have all but declared the race over, they are already chiming in with "huge PR failure," "big loss for Kroenke" and "proof that the Rams are likely to move" comments.

What a bunch of nonsense.

If Jeff Fisher goes to Miami, it will most likely be due to money. If that is the case, I'm fine with that. While Fisher is the best candidate on the market right now, I do NOT want Kroenke to write him a blank check. If the Dolphins want to grossly overpay, let them.

If Fisher goes to Miami for a reason other than money, again... so be it. Maybe he will decide he likes warm weather and the beach. Maybe he wants an open air stadium. Maybe he likes how he looks in aqua and orange better than blue and gold. Who knows?

To put this in perspective... if Jon Gruden and Bill Cowher were "on the market," Fisher might be viewed as the consolation prize, rather than the primary target. Its all a matter of timing and perspective.

I'm satisfied that Stan Kroenke is doing the right things try to recruit Fisher. If it doesn't work out, we move on.

Its a simple as that.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.