bruce4life is offline Registered User

These 2010 rams...

Are simply not ready yet. They don't have the pieces for that next step. End of story.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: These 2010 rams...

You're right. I don't see us going much farther than round one of the playoffs if we get there.

With that said, what a remarkable turnaround that would be.

I don't think we have the places in piece to have a legitimate shot at an extended stay in the postseason just yet. We're probably a couple of guys away from actually contending to win something other than the NFC West. If we can line up starters at WR, RG, OLB immediately, and then at DE, RB, and S in the future, we could have a nice team for the next decade or so.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

No question we're not ready. Don't let yourself get deluded into thinking because we're in a "playoff hunt" (and I use the term loosely and with bemusement), we're somehow a good club. We're not. We show promise, improvement and have exceeded expectations, but aren't anywhere near where we need to be to run with the big dogs. Reality.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Not sure I'm all that bemused, as it's not really that confusing. However, I admit, it is very amusing. We're now discussing the nuances of a playoff run; even pulling back on the reins of fans' excitement. All for a team that won a single game last year.

Good times, if one were to ask me.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

shower beers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Not sure I'm all that bemused, as it's not really that confusing. However, I admit, it is very amusing. We're now discussing the nuances of a playoff run; even pulling back on the reins of fans' excitement. All for a team that won a single game last year.

Good times, if one were to ask me.
    Alas, I must spread my rep around, but right on! The mere fact that we can have this conversation speaks volumes about our turnaround. I think more than a few people need to lighten up around here and enjoy this team for what it is; entertainment. At least we get to enjoy the games, knowing that we are able to compete and win nearly each game we play.

It's time to relax and quit throwing whoever they think didn't do a good job this week, under the bus.

We're certainly not there yet, but we're making great strides, and we should slow down and embrace that before calling for the heads of our coordinators, receivers, defensive backs, etc, etc etc.

TylerBishop is offline Registered User

I'll ask the question nobody wants to talk about, who are our weak links?

I mean, seriously, think about it. We all agree there is a distinct difference between this years Rams and the Saints, Falcons, Ravens, Jets, or Patriots.

So what personnel is in need of turnover? Coaches, player, etc.

QB- we are set

RB- could use a better backup, but you have to admit Darby has done a good job this year

FB- need a new one, sounds liek Karney trust has faded

WR- who are we dropping, everyone agrees it needs to improve, but I bet no one wants to get rid of Amendola, Clayton, Avery, Gibson, or DX (does upgrading mean we keep them all, I am assuming already that we drop Robinson)

OL- We have four great starters, upgrading at RG is must, even if you don't get a pro-bowler

DT and DE- This is where I think we need to be real honest Gibson and Hall probably need to be replaced and Robbins doesn't have a ton of seasons left. Regardless of optimism, their replacements are not on the roster already (we do want to get better, right)

LB - MLB is set, OLB is in dramatic need of repair. oLB is where we go in FA and in the draft. It is dramatically the worst part of the team.

CB- Bartell and Fletcher are starters, but to really be champions this is what I;m talkign about. You need some extraordinary talent and we lack it here. We need a big time guy to add to the rest of our folks, and we need to cut Dockery.

S- Otogwe is the man, hopefully we can keep him playing at a high level for a few more years. I love the way Dahl plays football, but he's not an every down starter, he's just not. We need to upgrade at SS, and let Dahl come in on special packages.

BTW, we are set a K and P

jkramsfan Guest

we do have some holes to fill but we have 2 games left and this is the team thats going to finish the season. Then we have 6 months to discuss how to make them better so for now I suggest that everyone just root there a** off and hope that we can get to that playoff game on Jan 8th or 9th.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

I am grateful we've improved tremendously this year, but any excitement in a possible playoff appearance is tempered somewhat by the fact that we are not a playoff caliber team. Such sentiments are not "doom and gloom" but simple objective observation.

Calling out guys who don't perform is not "throwing guys under the bus". Players who are paid handsomely to fulfill a role and achieve at a high level who don't do so are fair game. Again, not being unfairly negative, just speaking honestly.

Yesterday's affair was embarrassing with what we had on the line and the opportunity to seize sole ownership of 1st place.