txramsfan is offline Registered User

They say it's tough to replace a legend

And doesn't that ring so true in Ram Land lately. Martz was never going to get a fair shot, especially since the Rams won a Super Bowl under Vermeil and lost one under Martz. Nevermind that the winning play was called by Martz it just doesn't matter. Then you have Bulger, one of the most accurate passer in the NFL lately and what do we mostly hear on this site? He isn't tough enough, he doesn't have the same touch as Warner, and just today I read somewhere on this site he doesn't throw a good deep ball.

WHAT? That is one of Bulger's greatest strengths is his deep ball.

They both replaced legends and both were/are not going to get a fair chance by all fans. So be it. Let's run Martz out of town now, Bulger next year and see where we are shall we?

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

Re: They say it's tough to replace a legend

It looks like a parade of
    stone-cold sober players who know better than to start trying to turn a frantic
    comeback against the worst team in the NFL into anything more substantial than
    mounting evidence of these desperate times.
    Everyone looking to pencil in Fitz over Bulger just needs to slow down, take a deep breath, and be thankful that this team was able to regroup and never give up in the second half. Don't get me wrong, what Fitz did was absolutely amazing. Kuddos to him, and I hope that this was not a fluke. If it is real, then we have a solid #2 and possibly a future replacement for Bulger in a couple/three years. One performance does not make Fitz the next coming of Warner. Naturally, the team buckled down even more with a rookie in there. Their backs were against the wall. We saw how this team can play with intensity, focus and desire in the second half. That is what has been lacking all year on this offense. Finally, we got a glimpse of it. Kuddos to the veterans for their leadership that we have been looking for. This defense, pathetic as it has been all year, actually improved in the second half due to some veteran @ss chewing at half time. This is what has been lacking all season on both sides of the ball; Fire, determination, focus and intensity. However, this was not the NFLs elite that we came back on. I think that the absolute fear of complete failure and embarrassment in losing to the NFLs worst drove this team, behind the youthful exuberance and unfathomable poise and clutch precision of Fitz. It was great and unbelievable, but nothing to formulate trades or realign our future plans on this team over...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

phatsoul7 is offline Registered User

what if bulger's shoulder is never the same, and surgery is required

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by phatsoul7
    what if bulger's shoulder is never the same, and surgery is required
    That's different. If his shoulder doesn't heal correctly that it's mandatory to go with someone else.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Let's run Martz out of town now, Bulger next year and see where we are shall we?
    Don't forget those ready to turn on Jackson. There are plenty who want to see him benched for Faulk. Of course, Faulk himself ISN'T one of them, but there are those that want it.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

theodus69 is offline Registered User

I think for now Fitz should start and let Bulger heal properly. I think Fitz might be better at dodging the rush a little better. I'm sure he is a bit scared for his life with that line. Bulger has the confidence to stay and throw and take the hit. Not good at this point since he is hurt! So he should heal right and not in haste to get him back in there! I doubt the playoffs are in the mix, but that is just me. I still like Smoker, he could pull his head out and learn the system. I feel he would be a good back up! And yes the Warner fans(myself ) haven't gave Bulger much of a chance, but it isn't Bulger fault that is on a mediocore Ram team and not the GSOT team. And by the way, Bulger throws a fine deep ball. Don't think he has had much time this YEAR!!!!!!!
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Well tx, when fans will not defend Marmie in even the slightest manner, I don't see the point in defending the coach who hired him. Maybe gc has tried to defend Marmie in his own way, but he is one of the few.

I keep reading the same old scheme garbage. I just read the DL spacing from someone in another thread and something about the Little coverage play. The DL spacing is typical of all teams in the NFL. Little made a mental error on the TD play. He is like an outside LB in a 3-4 scheme on that play. It was a disguise and Little made a mental error by taking too many steps to the QB instead of instantly picking up the man. But it's always the scheme and never the players within the scheme.

Nevermind all the new and young players on this defense. Nevermind the fact that the front four has been getting close to zero pressure on the QB. Nevermind the mental mistakes and the missed tackles. Nevermind any of that, because it's all Marmie.

Martz hired Marmie and if Marmie is really that bad then the hiring is a sytematic declination of the team and Martz should be held accountable.

Yep, it's just too difficult to defend a coach until fans start realizing that players and the plays they make win and lose games.