Results 1 to 4 of 4
Things get a bit feisty at Rams camp today ..
Coach O’s Camp Report 8/20/13
Players not participating: Lance Kendricks; Jemelle Cudjo; Matt Giordano; Sammy Brown; Sean Hooey Jabara Williams; Eugene Sims; Darian Stewart; Tavon Austin (excused for personal reasons)
Lance Kendricks worked out with Trainer on back field, catching passes from our “backup” to our Backup QB (J. Hekker)
Rodger Saffold participated in Units drills, (WITH HELMET) with 1st unit, but did NOT participate in any of the TEAM DRILLS. Suffice to say, he is close to returning.
TJ McDonald back and included in SEVEN on SEVEN but did not Participate in ELEVEN on ELEVEN
1st Unit: Long S. Smith Wells Dahl Barksdale
2nd Unit: Nsekhe C. Williams Barnes B. Jones B Washington
LG rotation holds true for another day
Today: 2nd unit QB was Austin Davis was taking the 2nd unit reps; Kellen Clemens back to 3rd unit
Theme of the day: Can’t we all just get along? TEMPERS FLARE!
• After a BIG HIT by Jo-Lonn Dunbar on Zac Stacy near the sideline, Jared Cook took exception to it, shoved Dunbar, who ripped Cook’s helmet off, which was followed up with a missed punch being thrown by CHRIS LONG at Jared Cook. This was much more than the typical “camp” scrap, and the intensity of the practice picked up immediately. That particular drill ended soon and while the players moved to the other end of the field, Jared Cook and Jo-Lonn Dunbar had a brief conversation across the field. While the rest of the team got involved in the next team drill, Dunbar stood alone on that end of the field almost as if he was trying to collect himself, and regain his composure.
• In the subsequent drill, on a swing pass, Daren Bates blasted Bennie Cunningham (I believe), way beyond the scope of what is deemed “acceptable” contact. Joe Barksdale came to the aid of the RB. This “tussle” made the first one look like the “warmup”. No less than 8 players ended up in a pile, with punches being thrown, and lots of pushing and shoving. It looked like a hockey fight with players joining in to pull people off the pile.
BACK TO FOOTBALL
• For the first time is quite a while, Austin Davis looked good throwing the football. He connected for what would be the highlight play of the day, hooking up with Brian Quick on a deep post route beating Quinton Pointer for what would have been a 76 yrd TD.
• Also nice completion to Justin Veltung on a “dig route” (15 yard) gain who made a nice sliding catch
• Look for Zac Stacy to be featured this week vs. Denver He and Isaiah Pead took the bulk of the reps out of the backfield today.
• Bennie Cunningham took his share of reps, but seemed limited.
• Stedman Bailey bounced back today, with a couple of nice grabs in the ELEVEN on ELEVEN, after struggling in the earlier ONE on ONE and SEVEN on SEVEN drills
• Trumaine Johnson had one of his best practices
• TJ McDonald flashed in SEVEN on SEVEN and jumped a route to McNeill to intercept Bradford
Defense worked in a heavy dose of “over load” blitzes in the ELEVEN on ELEVEN drills. May have had multiple sacks if they were “live”.
SPECIAL TEAMS: Kickoff Return
Worked on blocking schemes with both 1st & 2nd Units. Cody Davis getting 1st unit reps in place of D. Stewart
o Isaiah Pead getting 1st unit reps as Return man
o Andrew Helmick also getting reps in KO Return
Re: Things get a bit feisty at Rams camp today ..He connected for what would be the highlight play of the day, hooking up with Brian Quick on a deep post route beating Quinton Pointer for what would have been a 76 yrd TD.
-08-20-2013 #3Registered User
- Join Date
- Sep 2012
- Rep Power
Re: Things get a bit feisty at Rams camp today ..
glad cody davis is moving up the charts!
By r8rh8rmike in forum RAM TALKReplies: 5Last Post: -10-06-2012, 12:14 AM
By sosa39rams in forum RAM TALKReplies: 18Last Post: -08-03-2012, 01:34 PM
By MauiRam in forum RAM TALKReplies: 1Last Post: -07-27-2009, 03:41 AM
By STLRAMSFAN in forum RAM TALKReplies: 0Last Post: -07-15-2006, 09:31 AM
By AvengerRam in forum RAM TALKReplies: 9Last Post: -04-29-2006, 11:08 PM