Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Things I'm sick of...

I'm so sick of...
    • The media treating "Ram Front Office Turmoil" as a major scoop. We all know the front office has had problems. We all know there has been a divide. We all know that Martz's illness has allowed his detractors to rise to the surface. We all know that the team's development has been impacted by these problems. But, I also have no doubt that the Rams' story is hardly as dramatic... hardly as unusual... and hardly as cut-and-dry as the Bernies, Silvers and others would have us believe. Remember, sports columnists are storytellers, not journalists. Good journalism often does not make for a good story.
    • The extremes of fandom. While I can't join in with those who see an upcoming seven game win streak, I'm also not ready to declare the Rams a lost cause. The truth, as usual, is somewhere in the middle. The Rams have some talented players, both established and "up-and-coming." They need more, particularly in a few key positions. They also need coaches who can put it all together. As great fans have said for decades... there's always next year.
    • This season. This has been one of the least enjoyable Ram seasons in recent memory. Too much "he said, he said"... not enough Xs and Os. Too much disappointment, not enough hope. While I'll still be hyped for the games each Sunday, I have to admit... part of me just wants this year to be over with.
    Anyway, as my new sig says (Yes, I'm off the Vitt thing)...

THE HORNS WILL ENDURE!

majorram is offline Registered User

Re: Things I'm sick of...

I agree AV about part of me wants this season to be over.... I do, with all this crap going on,I hate the media.... but I Know that there is a lot of footie still left to play and anything can happen but I'm still taking this loss to the Hawks really hard Clan!!!

steve:clanram:
    "The breakfast Club"

Leics_Ram is offline Registered User

Over here in the UK I support a soccer club with similiar problems - the media just love to sneer saying 'Look at that club, they used to be great but now they just sqaubble and fight with oneanother.' Gets very tiresome, but this season thing have been different and the 'papers have hated having to give credit.

Same thing with the Rams. We're an easy target because we're not doing so well and many things have conspired against us. But as soon as we chalk up a few back-to-back wins (I hope) things will ease off and media attention will be back centred on on-field activities rather than all this other rubbish.

STLRAMSFAN Guest

I agree with your post AV. Can you guys imagine what the media circus would be like if they did not have TO to talk about. Thank god for TO he serves a purpose he is the ultimate headliner for the media. They are wondering what all was said, how it will effect the Eagles, and where TO will wind up.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Well, I tend to believe in the adage "any publicity is good".

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

as tough as this season has been so far, i never wish for football to be over,we still have a chance ,a small chance to turn the season around.i am really watching guys like timmermen, faulk,nutten and bruce,it could possibly be there last year in a rams uniform.i know faulk has another year, but with all the changes coming you never know,timmerman and nutten,how much more pain are they willing to play with ? and if bruce doesnt restructure his deal he could be gone,bruce leaving the rams would be by far my worst rams moment,even worst than sb36,ike needs to stay a ram forever.

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Sorry to say but I think I knew where this year was headed after week# 1. And it has been a crappy year at that! I don't see a 7 game winning streak, but that is what it will take to make the playoffs!!!!
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

The thing about the media is that they are true vultures - they only feed on the dead or dying.

Take two plays this year and change them - the interception in the 4th quarter opening day against the Whiners, and the fumbled punt return against the Seahawks in St. Louis. If those turnovers don't happen, and the Rams pull out victories in those games...

The Rams are 6-3 instead of 4-5...

The Rams are tied with Seattle for the division lead...

Do you really think anyone would be writing articles about how the Front Office turmoil is destroying the team if that were the Rams' current status?

Haterade is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    Take two plays this year and change them - the interception in the 4th quarter opening day against the Whiners, and the fumbled punt return against the Seahawks in St. Louis. If those turnovers don't happen, and the Rams pull out victories in those games...

The Rams are 6-3 instead of 4-5...

The Rams are tied with Seattle for the division lead...

Do you really think anyone would be writing articles about how the Front Office turmoil is destroying the team if that were the Rams' current status?
    Since we're going for wishful thinking, if the Seahawks hit the 47-yard FG against the Redskins, they'd still be 7-2 in your scenario.

I feel bad for the Rams...as bad as i can at least, because we know how talented your offense is. We all know you're capable of putting up points and yardage especially since your offense is built to strike quick and strike often...but the problem seems to stem from your FO. They can't seem to get the coaching staff and the management on the same side and that is so important to creating a winning-team.

The same can be said for the Seahawks before Pres Tim Ruskell signed...the coaching staff was at constant odds with its president. How can you expect your HC to fulfill their job when their boss is breathing over their shoulder trying to stop you from doing your job.

Until the Rams can build a better relationship with their coaching staff and management or just blow-up one side, it's going to be a tough road to recovery.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

I understand your feelings about this season AV. I feel the same way, in fact this is the first time I been on this board since the debacle on Sunday. I was very deflated after the game, a game we should have won. As much as I wanted to stay away until the weekend, the die hard fan in me had to speak out.
    I think frustration would best describe my feelings right now. With all the talented players on this team; the fact that they can not find a way to put it all together consistently makes it difficult to be a fan. But as a die hard, I will be pumped up come Sunday non the less.
    It is highly possible that they can still make the playoffs, but only if they pull their collective heads out of their arses and start playing to the level that we all know they can. :clanram:
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    The thing about the media is that they are true vultures - they only feed on the dead or dying.
    You know what they say, "give the people what they want".

Rambos is online now Registered User

We all know you're capable of putting up points and yardage especially since your offense is built to strike quick and strike often...
    What team are you watching, i wish we were playing that well.

Haterade is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos
    What team are you watching, i wish we were playing that well.
    Maybe I should have said, 'When healthy...'

Large_Ant is offline Registered User

Hey Avenger, we've missed you on the Seahawks boards. Noticed you haven't had nearly as much time to spend with us this year as you did last year. Bummer.

They banned me a while ago. I had... um... too much... um... personality.... (yeah, that's a good word for it).... for your Mods.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast