Rambos is offline Registered User

Third down and long

When we have them in a third and long, lets go fast.

Little
    Amobi
    Wroten
    Hall

Thatís three new players, something had to change and it has.

JRoc Guest

Re: Third down and long

Let's hope we can get Amobi first.

maineram Guest

We desperately need a solid DT this offseason. Seeing that it is thin at DT via free agency, we need to trade up if we have to for Branch or Amobi. Branch was the early on pick for the Rams at #13 but has increased his draft status of late and seems to be out of reach. Amobi may be too with teams that needed a RB got one through trade already.

I say trade up and be agressive in the first two rounds this year. We don't need 10 DB's and 6 lb's, we need a stinkin big mofo DT !!!!

Maineram -

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Well, I can't remember when the Rams actually put a team in a 3rd and long situation.

maineram Guest

OK, I can recall when we finally did have a third and long, a receiver would catch a 23 yard pass for the first. That's more disapointing than blowing a 2nd & 10, or a 3rd & 2

Maineram -

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    Well, I can't remember when the Rams actually put a team in a 3rd and long situation.
    LOL, exactly what I was going to say, as usual you beat me to the point

That D-line needs some fine tuning (putting it lightly...), I definitely think Okoye will help if we draft him, but that defense as a whole just needs to step it up. Someone needs to show the other players the ropes, and have the other players play from example from someone else. Unfortunately, you'd think Pisa would've been the best audition for that with the broken arm situation, but that didn't work...Something is wrong, and thats the motivation of that defense....We need more fresh, new players who will buy into the program that Haslett is giving them and simply make an abysmal defense come to life...Unfortunately, I don't know or think that can happen this year, or even next year. We need more solid drafts, but I think (depending on this year's) we've resolved the draft situation, and in the next few years, we'll be OK.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams