• 1 Post By r8rh8rmike
  • 1 Post By FestusRam
  • 1 Post By C-Mob 71

Thread: Thomas: Amendola Back In Uniform

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Thomas: Amendola Back In Uniform

Amendola back in uniform

2 hours ago BY JIM THOMAS jthomas@post-dispatch.com > 314-340-8197

LONDON As the Rams got off their buses for Wednesday's practice at the Arsenal soccer team facility, out hopped Danny Amendola in uniform, and toting a helmet.

He stretched, warmed up, caught some passes in individual drills and fielded some punts. At the end of the day, he was listed as limited on the Rams' official injury report. Three weeks ago today, Amendola suffered a separated SC joint the joint where the collarbone meets the breastbone trying to make a leaping grab.

Those close to Amendola estimated the recovery and rehab time as four to eight weeks. There's no way Amendola plays this Sunday against New England. But with a bye week once the team returns to the U.S., don't be surprised if Amendola is in the lineup Nov. 11 in San Francisco.

No one was happier to see him on the field Wednesday than quarterback Sam Bradford.

"Any time you get Danny out there, even if he's just doing a little bit (is good)," Bradford said after Wednesday's work. "And I think today, just the guys seeing him out there, knowing that he's close to coming back, he gave everyone a little bit of a spark."

The fact that Amendola could be back much closer to a month after the injury than eight weeks, comes as no surprise to Bradford.

"If it were up to Danny, he would've taken every rep today," Bradford said. "That's just how he is. Even last year, after he tore his triceps, he wanted to play. ... He never wants to miss a play. You really respect him for that."

Amendola's attempt to return following that triceps injury and dislocated elbow last year ended badly. He aggravated the triceps injury practicing during the team's 2011 bye week and underwent surgery. Bradford has given up trying to ask Amendola to slow down and take his time on injuries.

"I think I'm past that because I realize it really doesn't do much good with Danny," Bradford said. "Falling on deaf ears."

SAFFOLD WORKS

Even though left tackle Rodger Saffold didn't practice Wednesday, he did some running and drill work on the side. That's usually a sign that a player isn't far away from returning to practice and games. Saffold has been out since suffering a knee injury against Washington in Game 2.

Linebacker Mario Haggan, who has missed the past two games with a thigh injury, also worked on the side, although he also did not participate in practice. Wide receiver Chris Givens accompanied the team to the Arsenal facility and began stretching and warming up but ended up not practicing because of illness.

Also not practicing were offensive tackle Wayne Hunter (back) and defensive end Eugene Sims (knee).

FRESH START

It has been a whirlwind week for offensive lineman Chris Williams. Following his release by Chicago on Oct. 16, the 2008 first-round pick from Vanderbilt visited Philadelphia, St. Louis and Arizona. Once he decided on the Rams, his first practice with his new team took place in London.

Last Sunday, he agreed to terms with the Rams, although he wasn't sure at first if the team was taking him to London.

"I knew I'd be headed somewhere, so I just started packing some essentials," Williams said. "And pretty much put my life in two bags."

However, he got a pretty good hint that he was coming to London when the Rams asked if he had a passport. Williams started a total of 38 games at both tackle spots and at left guard with the Bears, but played sparingly this season before his release.

He's not sure how long it will take him to learn the Rams' playbook and terminology.

"I don't think there's any way to estimate it, because the classroom's one thing," Williams said. "It's another thing when you've got Sam calling out the plays, and a defense that's moving."

Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: Thomas: Amendola Back In Uniform

Nick Wagoner

On the practice field, the Rams made it through another day and WR Danny Amendola was again a limited participant in practice.

- Amendola told reporters after that he was still going to push to play this week. It still seems like a long shot but coach Jeff Fisher did acknowledge that Amendola looked “better” in Thursday’s practice than he did on Wednesday.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

I hate seeing players try to rush back before they're healed, but Amendola knows his body, knows his limitations, and knows if he's ready. I'm not sure we'll see him against New England, but I have no doubt he'll be back in the starting lineup after the bye.
    RealRam likes this.

FestusRam is offline Registered User

Danny, chill out and come back after the bye week.

I dont want last year happening all over again.
    RKDfan likes this.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

I wonder how much Danny hears the comparisons between himself and Wes Welker and has that extra bit of motivation to come out and outplay his counterpart on Sunday?
    RKDfan likes this.

RKDfan is offline Registered User

I really hope he waits until after the bye week. The Pats secondary isn't so good that we need our top receiver. I think the WR we have will be adequate.

citr92 is offline Registered User

people disagree a lot when i say that they shouldn't rush back onto the field after an injury, i always get "how can you say that? they want to go out and help the team, they can't help it." That may be, but it's also dumb to go in if it's bad enough that if it got hurt again so soon it may be season ending

if danny can for reals go play, maybe a limited amount of snaps...but idk about him going back so soon, i don't know how fast it's healed, and even though he knows his body, it doesn't have to feel wrong to be injured

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

I'd love to see him play at wembley, but only if he is ready

macrammer is offline Registered User

who is surprised by this guy and his attitude? I want him to want to play.......i want him to advocate to be on the field. I want him to be a thorn in the coaches side asking and pleading to get out there.

I want the coaches to keep him out until the game against the Whiners ! But, you have to love the attitude........