RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Thomas Jones.... to St. Louis? (NO RUMOR, PURE SPECULATION)

I have some "hopes" that it COULD be St. Louis.

Think about it, We have Steven Jackson, and then ... Kenneth Darby, Antonio Pittman, Chris Obgonoya, and Samkon Gado.

Billy Deaveny, Steve Spagnuolo and Pat Shurmur are going to be running a POWER running game. Thomas Jones is a power runner, and our star Steven Jackson is a power runner. Jones could take some carries when Jackson goes out for a breather, and we could do a running back by committee approach like Carolina, Tennessee, and whoever else.

Jackson has been working at running routes a bit too.

Image this this set-up.

WR - Jackson || TE McMichael || LT Barron | LG Bell | C Jason Brown | RG Incognito | RT J. Smith || WR Avery
    ............................................................................QB Bulger
    ............................................................................FB Karney
    ............................................................................RB T. Jones

That's some power right there.

RamsFan16

jackson3909 is offline Registered User

Re: Thomas Jones.... to St. Louis? (NO RUMOR, PURE SPECULATION)

it would never happen....
    although a two style running back appoarch would be great. you generally want 2 running backs to have different style running games to change the tempo. jackson and jones are on the more simliar side. jackson as a wideout wont work. jackson being along side jones would create confusion for defenses.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jackson3909 View Post
    it would never happen....
    although a two style running back appoarch would be great. you generally want 2 running backs to have different style running games to change the tempo. jackson and jones are on the more simliar side. jackson as a wideout wont work. jackson being along side jones would create confusion for defenses.
    I'm nbot saying Jackson a permanent wideout, I'm pointing out a package we could do. He's currently been running more routes, and playing in the slot in practice. Which is what I pointed out.
    RamsFan16

TekeRam is online now Registered User

The rumor's been that they talked to an NFC West team... though I doubt it's us. I'm more inclined to think that it's Arizona.

That said... Jones wants to be paid like a starting back and wants to be a starting back. He would cause us nothing but cap issues and attitude issues if we got him. Pass.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    The rumor's been that they talked to an NFC West team... though I doubt it's us. I'm more inclined to think that it's Arizona.

That said... Jones wants to be paid like a starting back and wants to be a starting back. He would cause us nothing but cap issues and attitude issues if we got him. Pass.
    I'd pass too for the reasons you listed, but I don't see Arizona as a viable destination for Jones. What they'd be getting is essentially the second coming of the Cardinal version of Edgerrin James. Power runner heading toward the end of his career to be part of a platoon with a group of unknowns and the unproven (and injured, for that matter) Beanie Wells.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post

I think its Seattle they need a number 1 guy the most. Big brother comes in and takes little brothers starting spot I think that is funny. The 2 reasons he wants to leave NY is for more money and because he is loosing reps to Washington and Green. I would suspect he wants to remain a starter. All those 3 things make him a bad fit here since he will be a backup, and Steven Jackson will get at least 80% of the touches.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

NFL TALK radio this morning on the way to work:
    Who is it Rob Ryan, Rex Ryan, Buddy Ryan? I really don't care but who ever is the headcoach of the JETS was denying any trade rumors concerning Thomas Jones.

I'm just the messenger.....

fyi,

shower beers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    NFL TALK radio this morning on the way to work:
    Who is it Rob Ryan, Rex Ryan, Buddy Ryan? I really don't care but who ever is the headcoach of the JETS was denying any trade rumors concerning Thomas Jones.

I'm just the messenger.....

fyi,

Yeah I read somewhere that he is also denying them. He's not coming to St. Louis. We're not going to pay him like a starter, and he won't start here. End of story.

Jones really has no leverage at this point in NY. They have Washington, and Shonn Greene, who has been very impressive in camp so far. They can afford to let him sit, but Jones cannot afford to sit. He'll play for NY this year.

rams4life88 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16 View Post
    I'm nbot saying Jackson a permanent wideout, I'm pointing out a package we could do. He's currently been running more routes, and playing in the slot in practice. Which is what I pointed out.
    I agree. More like something like they got going down in Tennessee.