Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Richbert88 is offline Registered User

Thompson vs Wrotten

I am going to predict that Josh Thompson will take Wrottens roster spot.

UDFA with a huge heart and motor. Very productive in college. Good strength. Doesn't quit. Not tall for a DT.

Still, how long can Wroten last. This is a situation primed for an upset.

"Go get me the ball."

Semper Fi!

moloch41 is offline Registered User

Re: Thompson vs Wrotten

Quote Originally Posted by Richbert88 View Post
    I am going to predict that Josh Thompson will take Wrottens roster spot.

UDFA with a huge heart and motor. Very productive in college. Good strength. Doesn't quit. Not tall for a DT.

Still, how long can Wroten last. This is a situation primed for an upset.

"Go get me the ball."
    The Jimmy Kennedy Experiment lasted what- 3 yrs or 4 yrs?
    Last edited by moloch41; -05-05-2008 at 04:32 PM.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

I don't know. We have to see our DT situation. Wroten is going to step up. If not, he's gone next year and we bring in a new guy to take his place. The coaching staff will give him this year.

general counsel is offline Registered User

I agree with the Moose, dont write wroten off so fast. His talent level is unquestioned and he isnt making any money. One more wrong move and he is waived for sure, but in what i hope is more than wishful thinking, i retain some faith in wroten and his upside.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Never seen John Thompson unless Wrotten does something really bad I don't see it happening

shower beers is offline Registered User

I think Wroten makes a contribution in the rotation this year, perhaps enough to stick around.

I base this on nothing.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think Wroten is looking a lot like the second coming of Jimmy Kennedy (except not quite so chunky). He's been tagged with the wrong "P" word- potential instead of production. Hopefully for us, the former will catch up with the latter.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Hearing his name and the "B" word in the same breath makes Claude Wroten wince. "I want to prove that I'm not a bust," he said, "so I've got to step my game up and start playing to my potential."
    Realizing that his status with the Rams was tenuous after being reminded of such by defensive coordinator Jim Haslett Wroten remained in town and has been working out regularly at Rams Park.
    I knew I didn't play well last season, so I didn't have any room to relax," he said. "I decided to stay at it."
    Wroten knows its now or never, I hope it's now.

rampower is offline Registered User

It is now or never. I just cant see rotten making the grade. He obviously doesn't want it quite enough. Or he simply just isnt good enough.
    The Breakfast Club. You want cheese with that?

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

I don't buy the "he's staying in town, working, and is going to step up" stuff. What is this, year four. The Rams should be looking for a rotational type guy with effort and work ethic and a clean rap sheet. Doesn't sound like Wroten to me at the point.

I stick with my prediction, he loses his job to Josh. Anybody remember Demarco Farr........
    Semper Fi!

I don't buy the "he's staying in town, working, and is going to step up" stuff. What is this, year four. The Rams should be looking for a rotational type guy with effort and work ethic and a clean rap sheet. Doesn't sound like Wroten to me at the point.

I stick with my prediction, he loses his job to Josh. Anybody remember Demarco Farr........

You know- I've heard this story before. Staying in town, working out, going to have a breakout season... Oh yeah- every summer with Jimmy Kennedy- so excuse me if I hold onto my faith for a while.

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by moloch41 View Post
    You know- I've heard this story before. Staying in town, working out, going to have a breakout season... Oh yeah- every summer with Jimmy Kennedy- so excuse me if I hold onto my faith for a while.
    Don't seem to be too generous with faith there Moloch............

Wroten hold his future in his own hands, Kennedy has nothing to do with it. If Wroten gets it together this season he could turn his career around, if he doesn't he's gone. Its good to hear of him actually putting the effort in for a change.

Even then, he may be discounted as merely having a good contract year, so to stick around he really has to pull his finger out.

OldSchoolRamFan is offline Registered User

Actually, this will be year three. I really hope you're wrong, because if you are then that will mean that Wroten does in fact step it up. Missing a total of five games last year did nothing to help his cause, but I'm still a believer. If he really does step it up this year it could be a big depth bonus for us rather than starting another developmental project. I'm going to continue holding out hope that he becomes a productive rotational body on our line and that he recovers from a negative sophomore season.

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Pang View Post
    Don't seem to be too generous with faith there Moloch............

Wroten hold his future in his own hands, Kennedy has nothing to do with it. If Wroten gets it together this season he could turn his career around, if he doesn't he's gone. Its good to hear of him actually putting the effort in for a change.

Even then, he may be discounted as merely having a good contract year, so to stick around he really has to pull his finger out.
    It's like the little boy that cried wolf. Not just with Kennedy- but with others. I'll believe it when I see it, but so far, he's proven very, very little and looks like a waste of a draft pick. And to boot, he's had problems staying out of trouble- at least Fat Boy kept his nose clean...except for the sugar from the powdered donuts, that is...

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Well, if we're in the business of making predictions as per the OP, I'd say that Wroten will beat out Thompson, make the rotation but won't be offered an extension at the end of the season despite better statisitical play.

There's me sticking my neck out

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast