Fettmaster is offline Registered User

For those upset with the time management at the end...

...Think of it this way: When was the last time a Rams game had you on the edge of your seat so late in the 4th? When was the last time the Rams were down like that, and you actually had confidence we could come back and win it?

It didn't end our way, but I sure do miss those down to the wire moments.

Go Rams

jackson3909 is offline Registered User

Re: For those upset with the time management at the end...

what a great game. we played the best nfc team down to the wire. great game everyone. the rams did a good job moving the ball with no timeouts left. i just wish the last couple play we could have picked up bigger chunks or get out of bounds. getting put into a 4 and 1 is tough when you obivisouly cant spike it.

chucknbob is offline Registered User

I don't think we did a terrible job w/ time management. Was it perfect, of course not, but I think we did better than expected considering we had 2 minutes and 0 time outs

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Rams should have taken more shots at the endzone the final 2:00 min, Decent game against top ranked opponet, would have won if we could stop shooting ourselves in the foot! ( dropped passes, ST allowing opening 2nd half kick off return for TD, Offense stalling 3rd qtr & early 4th, staying Healthy (Burton), and as always the play calling, especially the last drive. Rams once again denied a very winnable game.
    Gotta appreciate the effort though. Spags seems to have this team starting to gel under the circumstances, things looks brighter for the Rams as they move forward.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mooselini Guest

I totally agree. I was a little frustrated but that's because the win was in a reachable range. We could've won this game.

But, it feels like a win today. I won't be cussing and swearing all day. We played the best of the best and almost beat them. Can't ask any more than a win.

We are seeing improvements in all aspects of our team. Next week should be a good one!

RamsFan16 Guest

I was feeling pretty confident at the end honestly, it was great. I miss football like that, and that's why I'm not upset at the loss anymore, I was right after, but after it cools off... What a great game!

Mooselini Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16 View Post
    I was feeling pretty confident at the end honestly, it was great. I miss football like that, and that's why I'm not upset at the loss anymore, I was right after, but after it cools off... What a great game!
    Exactly. When the clock hit 0 I was a little grumpy.

But after some crying and thought, I was happy. hahaha

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

I don't think I have ever been this ok with a loss. It was great to see them driving for win at the end of the game. It reminded me of better days. I am actually happy that they played so well. It was a winnable game.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

makersncoke is offline Registered User

I don't think there was a problem with the time management, we moved down the field with no time outs and 2 mins left in the game and a depleted reciever corp that wasn't all that to begin with. I think Marc did the right thing dumping the ball of to Jax, he avoided a sack and he got the ball into the hands of the teams most productive player. There are way to many positives that came out of this game to get upset about coming up a little short against one of the best teams in the league. Let's be honest, how many of us thought we'd only lose by 5 points anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Did anyone see the end of the colts/pats game? Peyton and crew scored 14 points in under 3 minutes. They actually understand clock management and how to score. It was pretty watching them do it.

I was wishing for Bruce to be back during those last two minutes. We need that receiver that is going to be waiting on the sidelines with the perfect tippy toe catch to stop the clock. Throwing to Jackson in the middle is not the answer when we have no time left. The rams offense needs to work on that 2 minute drill. I don't know how much is play calling and how much is on Bulger to make the right throw.

It sure was exciting though and I thought we could win.

It helps when you have a QB and receiver relationship like Peyton and Wayne do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

We had to work on actually being in the game with 2:00 left on the clock before working on the Two Minute Drill, im just happy the Rams were in with a shot with winning that late in the game against an unbeaten team.

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

Somehow I cannot help thinking that at this point in the rebuilding process, there probably is not much emphasis on (or practice of), the two-minute drill , (conciously or subconciously).

The only thing that really upset me was the KO return. I REALLY thought those days were behind us.

(And i want to read M. Franke's report - I SWEAR I saw a block in the back on that return).
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by VegasRam View Post
    Somehow I cannot help thinking that at this point in the rebuilding process, there probably is not much emphasis on (or practice of), the two-minute drill , (conciously or subconciously).

The only thing that really upset me was the KO return. I REALLY thought those days were behind us.

(And i want to read M. Franke's report - I SWEAR I saw a block in the back on that return).
    Given how difficult it is, in theory, to score on a kickoff or punt return, I would bet just about anything that there is something illegal on almost every single one that scores ....