Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    jdpbmo is offline Registered User

Thumbs down those that want the Rams to lose

It sucks so bad every week to listen to the announcers trash the Rams. Last week all they talked about was the Giants defense and Collins. They didn't care to mention how well the Ram defense played. Now today all they cared about was the Jets. Aikman and Moose weren't as bad as fatasses Summerall and Madden....too bad his bus can't be involved in a mangled accident. Then you go to Bradshaw, Collinsworth, Long and out of all the game they pick out the on-side kick that the Rams used. Maybe it wasn't the opportune time to do it or maybe it was. Last week the Dolphins were shutting the Jets out and the Jets came back in the second half to win. A game isn't over until it's over. Where were all these bleeding hearts when SF was beating the Rams 17 straight games? And if that isn't bad enough, the officials don't like us and we already know the commissioner doesn't care for the Rams. Go get 'em Martz and company....show no mercy. Over and out. jd:cool:

Aries51 is offline Registered User
    I know what you mean.The only announcers that seem to like our Rams are the MNF guys,especially Dan Fouts.He always has good things to say about our team.Oh well,who cares what the rest of the league thinks?Let them hate us all the way to another Rams World Championship.

GO RAMS! STAY FOCUSED! WIN!
    ST.LOUIS RAMS:THE MOST FRUSTRATING TEAM IN THE NFL!!!

MsWistRAM is offline Registered User
    When Green was getting ready to take over last year in Warner's stead when he was injured, the announcers were all full of encouraging things to say about Green. As soon as the Rams lost a game under his command, they changed their tune. The announcers tend to run hot and cold according to the trend. Some announcers I can stomach better than others. Fout, ok, Miller, NO. Madden not at all. The FOX teams changes their tune the most, except when it involves an individuals fave team and then they can do no wrong. I say, listen to your own heart. If you can't take them, turn them down and call the game yourself.

All I want from an announcer is the facts. Verify what's happening on the field for me, if you can't do that, get out of the way and keep your mouth shut.
    MsWistRAM-Hope, not expectation.

longhornrams is offline Registered User
    Bottom line on the onside kick: The Jets made a lot of noise this week about how the Rams were a "finesse" team. Whatever he says in public, I think Coach M wanted to make them eat those words.

There is one good way to keep the score from being run up on you: Play defense. These guys are pros. If they don't like getting beat like that, they should get real jobs like the other 99.99% of us.

I wouldn't spend 1 calorie of energy worrying about Terry Bradshaw; he's proven that he is a moron time and time again.
    "I'm from the Lou and I'm Proud"....Nelly

DJRamFan is offline Registered User
    The Rams opened up part of their playbook to show the aints and the rest of the nfl what they got in store. I applaud the use of the onside kick, it was the third quarter, they put martin in so cut the sh!t to all those doubters. the fact is the jets are very streaky and they did put up those 21 points last week.

BUT, the one thing people fail to realize is that by regaining the ball and running the clock down, they kept the defense rested and kept vinny and curtis martin off the field, something they did to warner et al in the previous half.

Bradshaw is an idiot, he said that reverse lateral with trung and Az wasn't planned, a 5 year old could see it was planned and marshall even said so. Collinsworth is just a friggin' pansy so who cares what he thinks. Howie's the man, but no one's perfect.

my props to Martz and co., it took a lot of balls...
    DJRamFan
    ClanRam Fantasy Football Commissioner
    2003 & 2004 ClanRam Cup Champion

ClanRam

LONG LIVE MIKE MARTZ

NFL Champions: 1945, 1951
    NFC Champions: 1979, 1999, 2001
    Division Champions: 1945, 1949-1951, 1955, 1967, 1969, 1973-1979, 1985, 1999, 2001, 2003

Super Bowl XXXIV Champions

Aries51 is offline Registered User
    I was as surprised as anybody about the onside kick and really couldnt understand why Martz called it with a 31-7 lead,but after the game when Howie Long called the onside kick "bush league" I saw the method in Martz's madness.I believe Martz wants the Rams to be completely unpredictable at all times.Plus,I think that Martz was well aware that even with a 24 point lead a knockout punch was needed.So Howie,Terry,and Crissy,being the offensive minded madman that Martz is,I am sure he will give you plenty more surprises for you guys to complain about before the seasons over.

GO RAMS! STAY FOCUSED! WIN!
    ST.LOUIS RAMS:THE MOST FRUSTRATING TEAM IN THE NFL!!!

RealRam is offline Registered User
    Rather than commenting about the following in the ARTICLES section, I should have placed it here, in this thread (sorry):

[Self quote] No doubt: Coach Martz definitely adds "color" to the game!

Personally, honestly, I see nothing wrong with those funny [?] calls he ordered, albeit as MsWistRAM said, they were unnecessary. Or were they?...

Besides making the St. Louis Rams dangerously unpredictable, it also increases their potential from 'very strong' to ...awesome!

Not sure why Martz opted NOT to go for aggressive play with the ball when there was over 1.5 minutes left before halftime. Still, it is obvious he know's how to control the game; he know's what he's doing alright!

Remember now, the RAMS ARE ON A ROLLING RUMBLE!

7-0? Why not! Get atta the way! GO RAMS!!! [end self quote]

Yes, I too heard FOX commentator Bradshaw call Martz' unexpected, successful onsight kick "stupid" --with Collinsworth agreeing. Apparently the wrong move was theirs, they spoke too soon in anwering JB's legit question. Theirs was the stupid play in LA, not the Rams in NY!

To me, Bradshaw tries too hard and too often to be a comedian and ends up with a smelly foot in his mouth, thus the option to make a "serious play" on his part to sound intelligent once in awhile.

The only part I think he's good at is when he takes on the Blonde Bomber roll to quickly report game facts /highlights like he should, again, as pointed out by MsWistRAM. Seems anything else coming out of his mouth is just too much, overdone and tiring.

Fortunately indeed, all one has to do is press a button or two on the remote while the baldy blabbers and blunders.
    Last edited by RealRam; -10-22-2001 at 12:09 PM.

ThePiper is offline Registered User
    Congratulations on the win. The Rams thoroughly outclassed the Jets in talent.

However the lack of class in the onsides kick was only exceeded by the call for a review later on when the game was even further out of reach.

In case you are wondering why everyone is wishing ill on the Rams, look no further then their lack of grace in a winning cause.

Martz is a classless punk who deserves anything bad that comes to him (professionally only of course)

Enjoy the rest of your season.

Whatever respect Dick Vermeil built for the Rams is gone ...

MsWistRAM is offline Registered User
    Piper, you took a wrong turn. This is Game Talk, Smack is down the hall and to your left. Believe me, we WILL enjoy the rest of the season, and the trip to the SuperBowl as well.
    MsWistRAM-Hope, not expectation.

ThePiper is offline Registered User
    My post was about the game, sharpshooter.

DJRamFan is offline Registered User
    i personally am iffy on the call and see both sides of the issue, my main beef is with fox in la...that's why you're there and not on the sidelines as a coach, idiots.

i see both sides of the "class" issue, we are definitely going to be on everyone's x-mas list for many years now, but like Jimmy Johnson, the smartest guys aren't always the most likeable.

I was waiting for herman edwards to go nuts and the press conference, but he was really good. if it's a lack of class its because you can't beat us. they pulled warner, they coulda left him in longer. just let it go guys...
    DJRamFan
    ClanRam Fantasy Football Commissioner
    2003 & 2004 ClanRam Cup Champion

ClanRam

LONG LIVE MIKE MARTZ

NFL Champions: 1945, 1951
    NFC Champions: 1979, 1999, 2001
    Division Champions: 1945, 1949-1951, 1955, 1967, 1969, 1973-1979, 1985, 1999, 2001, 2003

Super Bowl XXXIV Champions

jdpbmo is offline Registered User

most everyone

understood where I was going with my post, but some of didn't get the heart of it. I wasn't necessarily hitting on this game, it's every game. I guess after a while it gets pretty old, but I suppose it's because most everyone in football knows the Rams are so good and overpowering that they have to root for the underdogs. Watch next week when everyone from the field booth to the studio is jumping on the Saints bandwagon. If the Rams fall, and that's a big if, all of those wise prognosticators will shake their heads and mutter "it was only a matter of time before they fell". I agreed with the relpy about the Monday night crew liking the Rams. Fouts does a good job and he enjoys an offensive show. After next week's win all of us can start looking at the undefeated Dolphins season and hear their remarks as each week goes by. Over and Out. jd

RealRam is offline Registered User

Thumbs up Welcome to CanRam!...

Ten-four JDPBMO.
    Good posting --welcome, by the way, to the one and only ClanRam! :cool:

sprtsmac is offline Registered User

WOW!!

WOW! There were definetly a lot of interesting comments made in this post. Even if the Rams showed little class yesterday; they add excitement to the NFL. And lets face it; no matter what anybody says, they like the excitement that the Rams bring. Nobody knows what they are going to do or what they are capable of doing. And I love them for it.
    Sprtsmac :football:

ZOLTAN is offline Registered User

Angry GET OFF OUR BACKS

Ok, we all know that all New York teams are the darlings of the media, but it's being taken way too far. I could feel the coldness towards the Rams as soon as I turned the game on. Stockton is a good announcer, but he made it clear right off who he wanted to win the game. At least Aikman had something nice to say about Aneas Williams. I agree that the Monday night crew loves the Rams. Dennis Miller is great when he's not in a booth at a football game. It's so hard to watch a Monday night game with all the jokes and philosophical references. As long as Dennis is good to the Rams though, I guess we should support him. As for Summerall and Madden, they need to hang it up. I love them and they were the best but they are just too out of it. In the last game they called, London Fletcher walked all the way from his middle linebacker position to the fullback's position with his hands above his head signaling a time out. Madden said "time out called by the Giants". I just don't feel like I'm watching the same game as they are anymore. I'm interested to know who some of you like to hear calling a Rams game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast