Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Nick_Weasel is offline Registered User

For those of you who think Long is getting a lot of pressure on the QB...

...you're right.

The folks at football outsiders have tracked the number of QB hurries, which they define as a player either forcing the QB out of the pocket or rushing a throw. Long had 33 QB hurries through Week 10. The next highest is Cameron Wake of Miami with 23. That's 10 more than 2nd place!

He's also near the top in QB hits with 10. Julius Peppers leads in that category with 14.

I've been wearing my Long jersey with pride this season.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Re: For those of you who think Long is getting a lot of pressure on the QB...

Can't wait to see Chris Long beat out his old man. I've been eagerly waiting for the moment Long showed his genetics and see him prove everyone wrong that he's lightyears away from being a bust.

Keenum is offline Registered User

I knew he was leading the league in QB hurries a few weeks ago, but wow, he's leading by a wide margin now!
    So glad to see him having a big year!

Trevor is offline Registered User

Damn! Elite DE in the making.

sosa39rams is online now Registered User

I gotta get myself a Chris Long jersey..

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    I gotta get myself a Chris Long jersey..
    and hurry!
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

thermobee is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Weasel View Post

I've been wearing my Long jersey with pride this season.
    Me too!!! HIGH FIVE

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Now we need to upgrade the personnel around him. James Hall has been playing well this year, but he's 34. Gary Gibson is a good supporting player, but not a star. Fred Robbins has his moments, but he's old too.

Chris Long is a solid DE, and can be a great DE in the next couple years.

sosa39rams is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    Now we need to upgrade the personnel around him. James Hall has been playing well this year, but he's 34. Gary Gibson is a good supporting player, but not a star. Fred Robbins has his moments, but he's old too.

Chris Long is a solid DE, and can be a great DE in the next couple years.
    You're right. I'd love to snatch up Robert Quinn in the draft if we couldn't get A.J Green. Imagine that? The 2 best defensive ends both on the Rams

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Chris Long....what a bust! We only drafted him because his daddy is famous. I told you we should have taken Gholston. Now THAT dude is gonna be awesome. I know; I've seen his YouTube video.

I'm sorry, what were you saying?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    You're right. I'd love to snatch up Robert Quinn in the draft if we couldn't get A.J Green. Imagine that? The 2 best defensive ends both on the Rams
    Just FYI, this is from the newly updated mock draft at NFLDraftCountdown, which has us drafting 21st(winning NFC West).

21. ALLEN BAILEY, DE / DT, MIAMI (FL)

After a slow start to his pro career former #2 overall pick Chris Long has begun to turn things around. However, the Rams still have some question marks at the defensive end position since James Hall is going to be 34-years-old and there isn’t much in the way of depth. Miami’s Allen Bailey is one of the most intriguing prospects available for the 2011 NFL Draft. A freakish specimen with a rare blend of size (6-4, 285), speed (4.65), athleticism (39-inch vertical) and strength, Bailey has all the physical tools you look for as well as the work ethic needed to maximize his vast potential. A bit of a ‘tweener, Bailey played both end and tackle for the Hurricanes and could realistically project to either position at the next level. Rams Head Coach Steve Spagnuolo will undoubtedly be infatuated with that versatility and they could use Bailey both outside and inside depending on the situation, similar to the way Justin Tuck is utilized in New York. Young quarterback Sam Bradford also needs some more weapons to throw to so St. Louis will probably in the market for a wide receiver early on.
    I believe!

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

If I remember correctly Long was all over Anderson at our home opener. I'm expecting more of that and I'll be surprised if Anderson survives this game.

GO RAMS!!!

Long was doing pretty well in the Ed, but it was Ah You and Hall who had the sacks in the opener. Hopefully they can both do it again, with Chris adding a couple more!
    I believe!

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    Just FYI, this is from the newly updated mock draft at NFLDraftCountdown, which has us drafting 21st(winning NFC West).

21. ALLEN BAILEY, DE / DT, MIAMI (FL)

After a slow start to his pro career former #2 overall pick Chris Long has begun to turn things around. However, the Rams still have some question marks at the defensive end position since James Hall is going to be 34-years-old and there isn’t much in the way of depth. Miami’s Allen Bailey is one of the most intriguing prospects available for the 2011 NFL Draft. A freakish specimen with a rare blend of size (6-4, 285), speed (4.65), athleticism (39-inch vertical) and strength, Bailey has all the physical tools you look for as well as the work ethic needed to maximize his vast potential. A bit of a ‘tweener, Bailey played both end and tackle for the Hurricanes and could realistically project to either position at the next level. Rams Head Coach Steve Spagnuolo will undoubtedly be infatuated with that versatility and they could use Bailey both outside and inside depending on the situation, similar to the way Justin Tuck is utilized in New York. Young quarterback Sam Bradford also needs some more weapons to throw to so St. Louis will probably in the market for a wide receiver early on.

Sounds kinda like... Vernon Gholston.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    Sounds kinda like... Vernon Gholston.

Hardly! Vernon Gholston is 7 feet tall, 330 pounds, runs a 4.15, and can jump 10 feet in the air!

Besides, they said "freakish", not Godlike!
    I believe!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast