Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By Flippin' Ram
  • 1 Post By Aussie Dave
  • 1 Post By HUbison

Thread: Thoughts on the 2013 season

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Thoughts on the 2013 season

I know there is a lot of negativity to go around with the ugly loss in Seattle but looking at the big picture, we have a lot to look forward to in 2014.

The games we played @IND, CHI, NO showed flashes of what this offense is capable of becoming and that's with Kellen Clemens under the helm, can't wait to see what they can do with Bradford. We found SJax's successor with Staced God (disappointed he was short of 1000 but it's impressive he almost made it over a span of 10-11 games) Our defense is pretty damn good, and Robert Quinn still has room to grow before being on par with the likes of Julius Peppers (hope we sign Quinn long term). Best of all, we have the #2 overall pick via Washington so we have many options.

My criticism of this season is the lack of discipline against division opponents; they were undisciplined the 1st four weeks but then improved against non-divisional opponents but play with a grudge against NFC west teams. Playing chippy is one thing, taking it to a personal level is another, I know the officiating can be garbage at times but the team ought to keep a level-headed perspective and focus on making plays rather than finding the next opportunity of hurting players of the opposing team because games @SF, @AZ, @SEA showed a lot of that.

This is going to be another interesting offseason as we have many options in the draft. I hope we get Matthews as pass protection will be crucial for us during the offseason but I'm open to trading down and getting more blue-chip prospects. Knowing what OL coach Boudreau is capable of getting out of the likes of Barry Richardson, Chris Williams, and Shelley Smith, we might just draft a raw, athletic linemen to and turn him into a stud.

After Bradford went down, I honestly thought we were only going to win two games at most but we ended up squeaking some wins we had no business of getting. It's funny because last season we were dominant against division foes, this season we fared off better against non-division foes. Now next season, we have to learn to win consistently regardless of teams and it looks like we have a favorable schedule compared to this year.
    MoonJoe, Rambos and Aussie Dave like this.

♪ R.I.P. Nujabes ♫
    Your beat still laments the world

Aussie Dave is offline Registered User

Re: Thoughts on the 2013 season

definitely an up and down season, all things considered i am not too disappointed.
    the future is most certainly bright.

can we skip the post season and go straight to the draft?
    hawaiianpunch likes this.

J-RodRamFan is offline Registered User

Even though it's another losing season, I'm not as disappointed as I was the previous year. We won games that no one had us winning with a back up QB along with other key injuries.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

The Rams have had 7 head coaches since the departure of John Robinson 21 years ago. Only 3 of those coaches have put together at least 14 wins over two consecutive seasons: Vermeil, Martz, and now Fisher.

A young talented squad with hope in a prime draft.......it ended ugly, but this team is coming together.
    Rambos likes this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

macrammer is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    The Rams have had 7 head coaches since the departure of John Robinson 21 years ago. Only 3 of those coaches have put together at least 14 wins over two consecutive seasons: Vermeil, Martz, and now Fisher.

A young talented squad with hope in a prime draft.......it ended ugly, but this team is coming together.
    This statement is both sad commentary and wholly encouraging!

RebelYell is offline Registered User

The Rams need some players but the talent level compared to 2 years ago is night / day.

There is elite talent on this squad that wasn't there when Fisher / Snead joined the ranks.