RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Thoughts after the game

First of all... for anyone that thinks Jackson sucks, or doesn't care. Please, explain to me why?

He was the only one when we were down that was showing any emotion and getting our offense energetic. He kept running hard, and ran angry later in the game. He was trying and trying to break something open, but the holes were completely closed. And when he did hit the hole, someone disengaged from the block and he got tackled right away. He got hit right away on every screen play and started screaming at the team and I presume it was Shurmur late in the game. Jackson is not a negative on this team, he's an incredible positive. And I would never, in a million years trade Jackson. Keep him locked up until he retires.

For anyone that thinks Jason Smith sucks and is a bust (I've read it a bit when he was in there), your completely wrong. Our offensive line played better while he was in the game, and when we ran to the right side, he was a bulldozer prior to his injury. Next week, when he's back, he's going to be huge for us. I'm excited for him to get back.

Our defense, is good. But a lot of people will disagree. If you watch the games, you'll see this. It's not just our defense that Tight Ends grab a lot of passes, it's all defense. All the Tight ends that have done that this season are Pro Bowl tightends, All-Pros, or whatever. They're getting paid the big bucks for a reason. Our run defense is improving each, and every game. There aren't many holes for running backs to run through, and when they get through, our Linebackers and Safeties are there to meet them. It seems like every defensive series, they start off defending at the 35 or 40 yard line. Defending a short field, but they've been doing better.

Now, my short tidbits.

- Activate ANTHONY SMITH from here on out, I loved when I seen from him today. He played a very solid game, and I love his intensity.
    - Move BRADLEY FLETCHER up the depth chart. If you watched, you seen. He had good coverage and didn't have any passes thrown his way, and made some nice plays in the run game.
    - JUSTIN KING needs to slide down behind Fletcher and Quincy Butler. I said before this game, that this wasn't a good move. And it showed, a 3rd down play given up to Vernon Davis, and terrible coverage against Josh Morgan late in the game, he was absolutely beat.
    - CHRIS LONG is playing very good, he isn't showing the sacks, but he's been getting more hurries, and almost had a sack today. He's playing the run very good.
    - I'm torn on who to start at SLB, it's either Paris Lenon or Larry Grant. Grant was right around the ball each time he came in, and had a sack too. Lenon didn't have any big plays, but didn't give up any plays.
    - JACOB BELL needs to be benched, he keeps getting beat consecutively, I'd rather have Alex Barron at LT and Greco at LG than Greco at LT and Bell at LG.
    - Get the ball to DONNIE AVERY, have him run deep and do his thing, and toss him those WR screens, that's his bread and butter. And everytime we did a WR screen, it worked. We did it twice, unacceptable.
    - JAMES LAURINATIS is a stud MLB, he was all around the field today, was play very physical and full of energy, he made a lot of right calls, including a few audibles. The Vernon Davis touchdown was a good audible by Laurinatis, he just fell behind Davis and the safety got over there late.

NEW OFFENSIVE LINE:

LT Alex Barron
    LG John Greco
    C Jason Brown
    RG Richie Incognito
    RT Jason Smith

Bell is a huge weakspot, Barron wasn't playing BAD, but not great. He had one stupid penalty, but the very next time we ran the same play, Greco got called for the same thing. I'd rather have a mental error once in awhile, rather than a bunch of blown blocks like Jacob Bell.

NEW CORNERBACK CHART:
    1. Ron Bartell
    2. Jonathan Wade
    3. Bradley Fletcher
    4. Quincy Butler
    5. Justin King

- Bradely Fletcher made a huge statement this game, IMO. Very solid game, gave up no plays, and made a few nice plays and nice hits.

Overall Grading:

Offense: F
    - Just horrible, our offense didn't move the ball at all, gave up 14 points and gained ZERO.

Defense: B
    - 4 sacks and only gave up 2 touchdowns considering they were backed up on a short field the whole game thanks to the offense.

Special Teams: C-
    - Great return to open the game, but why the hell can't we ever get a good return after that? Gave up a touchdown on a fumle play, quite lucky but still gave it up.

Overall: F
    - The strength of that offensive F and all the problems weighs to heavily to get anything better.

RamsFan16

rNemesis is offline Registered User

Re: Thoughts after the game

[QUOTE=RamsFan16;309253]
    - Activate ANTHONY SMITH from here on out, I loved when I seen from him today. He played a very solid game, and I love his intensity.

- CHRIS LONG is playing very good, he isn't showing the sacks, but he's been getting more hurries, and almost had a sack today. He's playing the run very good.
    -
    - JACOB BELL needs to be benched, he keeps getting beat consecutively, I'd rather have Alex Barron at LT and Greco at LG than Greco at LT and Bell at LG.
    -

I have been saying this forever!!! GET RID OF THIS JUNK GUARD IN BELL!! HE IS A REAL LIABILITY IN OUR LINE HE SUKS AND IS A WASTE OF VALUABLE SALARY KAP MONEY.

[QUOTE=rNemesis;309332]
    Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16 View Post

-
    -

I have been saying this forever!!! GET RID OF THIS JUNK GUARD IN BELL!! HE IS A REAL LIABILITY IN OUR LINE HE SUKS AND IS A WASTE OF VALUABLE SALARY KAP MONEY.
    Yeah, Jacob Bell isn't playing good at all. From what I saw of Greco filling in at LT, he looked pretty darn good. He was stoud and wasn't bothered by the rush of the *****.
    RamsFan16

Ahmedrams81 is offline Registered User

I agree with you bro. Jackson always shows intensity and emotion while running. He is the only motivated one out there. As for the roster moves you mentioned, I haven't had a chance to evaluate Anthony Smith's play, but I love the other ideas. I especially agree with the Jacob Bell idea. The guy is horrible IMO, get him out of there. As for SLB, I want to se Grant in there. I think he has tons of potential and he's very young. He cam ein and got a sack on his first start..... not bad at all! Hopefully Spags will make roster moves that are the best for the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmedrams81 View Post
    I agree with you bro. Jackson always shows intensity and emotion while running. He is the only motivated one out there. As for the roster moves you mentioned, I haven't had a chance to evaluate Anthony Smith's play, but I love the other ideas. I especially agree with the Jacob Bell idea. The guy is horrible IMO, get him out of there. As for SLB, I want to se Grant in there. I think he has tons of potential and he's very young. He cam ein and got a sack on his first start..... not bad at all! Hopefully Spags will make roster moves that are the best for the squad.
    Funny thing is, Grant didnt' even start!
    RamsFan16