Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

Thoughts on Marshall

I'm thinking that Marshall will come back to play for us, and will be probably used as a slot reciever, and also get some time in the back field to let Jackson rest. Marshall knows he's not a carry the load back anymore, and anywhere he goes he's going to be a veteran presence. That's why I think he's stays with the Rams, especially the way we ended the season. With the way Jackson has been playing, that's going to open up the gates for Faulk. I can see him getting 8-10 touches, and 2 or three balls a game thrown at him.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: Thoughts on Marshall

He's D-O-N-E done.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

If Faulk gets 8-10 runs a game, I'll be pissed. They'd be wasted carries. I guarantee Jackson and many other Rams would feel the same way. Jackson only averaged 21.6 carries per game this year and the rest of the RB's got 3.

So you're saying Falk deserves and would do well with 30-40% of the carries? Please. Jackson proved beyond question that he is a top 3 back in the league and you just want to screw him over because of what Faulk USED to be. No thanks.

Don't even get me started on Faulk's abandonment of the team this season when they definitely could have used some veteran leadership to help find their way with the new coach and offensive system.

I say to Marshall, "Thanks for the memories, but don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya!"

blood85 Guest

I also think Marshall is done. I think he would be average at best. It's time to pass the torch to some new blood.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Can you tell me what you mean by faulks "abandonment" of the team this year? Faulk didnt give the rams a decision before the draft because he didnt know the condition of his knee. The rams were aware of that risk all along. Faulk tried, his knee was not capable of playing. How is that abandonment?

When you talk about veteran leadership, the rams had plenty of that this year, especially adding glover and chaveous on the defensive side of the ball. Are you honestly telling me that the defense would have played better if marshall faulk was on the team providing leadership or anything else? would marshalls presence on the team have prevented the injuries to mccollum and pace?

Faulk has in all liklihood played his last game for the rams. He was not a great mentor for steven jackson. However, steven davis WAS a great mentor for stephen jackson this year so i am not sure why you think that we would have been better off anyway to have an injured faulk around the team.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

ramsplaya16 is offline Registered User

Bye bye marshall it was fun and all, but ots OVER! And don't get started on some veteran leadership, if he was a real leader on this team he would have been to every single one of our games and giving jackson and all the runningbacks and other players tips, and he could be on the sidelines if any of you were wondering, I know because andy McCollum was at every game! I'm sorry but some of you choose not to accept the facts that marshall is DONE! He would be lucky to get 1 carry playing behind jackson, and if I was coach he would be 3rd string behind davis(if we brought him back)
    Built RAM tough

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I am a HUGE Marshall Faulk fan.

I had visions and/or hopes of Marshall returning to the Rams healthy as a 3rd down back for the 2007 season. We all know Marshall has great hands and would be an added threat on critical 3rd down situations. As the 2006 season moved along I began to realize/see that Steven Jackson is a "complete back".
    To make a long story short, what I am saying is that there really is no place for Marshall on our team anymore. Why we would take opportunities away from Jackson? The man is a beast. He can block, run, catch...

I do have issues with Marshall. For instance...How is that he's healthy enough to participate with the NFL Network but can't find the time to be on our sidelines supporting the team? Is he still on the Rams payroll?

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Marshall's situation seems a bit strange to me. If you take him at his word, he says he definitely want's to come back and play for the Rams if his body cooperates, but as a member of the team that paid him all season, he showed little visible interest in being part of the team. I know he has his NFL Network gig going, but it woud have been nice to see him stop by a practice or on the sideline for a game or two offering moral support and encouragement to his teammates.

Drew Guest

its a bitter pill to swallow but as previously stated marshall is done games aren`t won on sentiment,that said i hope to see him back with us as some sort of coach someday the man has knowledge!

thanks for the memories to Marshall Faulk a true Ram & Nfl LEGEND!!!!!

RamsFan16 Guest

As much as I love Faulk we should let him go. He was a bad mentor for Jackson, and Stephen Davis filled in very nicely for Jackson when he came out and was a great mentor to him.

Faulk should be cut, or trade him particulary to Detroit where Martz would welcome him with arms wide open.

tanus is offline Registered User

My guess was that Marshall stayed away to avoid being a distraction. Who really knows, but it would make sense.

I highly doubt Marshall will be back with the RAMS next season. Thanks for the memories.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

The main thing about Faulk not being there is that in previous years, if players had a problem they would go to Faulk, and then he would go and address that with coaches or other players.

Without him there was no real leadership until Bulger stepped up and said his piece

ramsplaya16 is offline Registered User

Tomahawk, if faulk was a true leader on this team, he would have been on the sidelines like Andy McCollum
    Built RAM tough

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ramsplaya16 View Post
    Tomahawk, if faulk was a true leader on this team, he would have been on the sidelines like Andy McCollum
    oh i know thats sort of my point

In previous years he was there, but when he was injured he decides to start his career in broadcasting, even though he is still supposed to be a Rams player. McCollum is a real team player. You know he hates sitting on the sideline not playing but he likes to see his team mates do well, especially the people he is close to on the offensive line.

majorram is offline Registered User

Faulk was great player of his time but its time for the Rams to move on and GC was right about the leadership that Stephen Davis has given to Jackson, just invaluble..... thanks for the memories Faulk!!!

steve
    "The breakfast Club"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast