Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Warner4prez is offline Registered User

Re: Thoughts, observations from Rams practice

Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post

Btw, Randy Mc's average stats over 5 years with Miami would have put him in the top 10 TEs last year. And that was with some pretty blah QBs like Feeley, Fiedler, and Frerotte. Maybe he'll never be Gonzalez or Sharpe but he has demonstrated some pretty good productivity through his career.
    It's too bad that those stats are a few years ago. What are we looking at for the past 3 seasons? If average is all Randy MC brings to the table, hopefully we'll see some more of Fells.

Azul e Oro is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Warner4prez View Post
    It's too bad that those stats are a few years ago. What are we looking at for the past 3 seasons? If average is all Randy MC brings to the table, hopefully we'll see some more of Fells.
    I guess it's a glass half empty or full thing. I see a talented guy whose "average" when healthy & actually used as a TE rather than primarily a sixth O-line blocker was pretty good in comparison to his counterparts in the NFL.

I really don't see him as another Drew Bennett who was inconsistent in his play even with a good team like The Titans. Truly a player who could be tagged "average" in the sense I think you are using the word, ie "mediocre".

I am intrigued by Fells, too, and I hope they will be a productive tandem rather than an either/or.

If you don't want to consider the issues that the team as a whole and as individuals faced the last two years, we should get rid of everyone except the punter...and the redheaded cheerleader,of course.

ps/edit: RM has been a Ram for only 2 seasons & was injured early in the 4th game last year so I'm not sure his productivity as a Fin is ancient history/ what have you done lately? type thing..
    Last edited by Azul e Oro; -06-06-2009 at 02:39 PM.

unorthodox1999 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by WhinerFan View Post
    Pretty sure it is not a good thing to only hear the coaches, rather than the players communicating to each other. I think that was Sando's point.

Im sure communication & chatter arent the same thing..

WhinerFan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by unorthodox1999 View Post
    Im sure communication & chatter arent the same thing..
    From Sando's blog:
    "Harry from San Francisco writes: Mike, I was wondering if you could comment on what has stood out to you most while visiting the ***** camp. Is it the attitude, or the pace of practice, or the play on either side of the ball? Thanks for your great coverage!

Mike Sando: You're welcome. I thought the energy and engagement level stood out. Lots of audible chatter and communication on the field."

Defenses need to be communicating and talking to each other at all times, just as Centers and QBs need to point out blocking and potential blitzes, etc. This would be an expected difference between the two teams. Remember, Manusky (the defensive coordinator for San Francisco) is the only returning coordinator in the entire NFC West.
    Last edited by WhinerFan; -06-08-2009 at 02:23 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12