Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    adarian_too is offline Registered User

Re: Thoughts on Tonight's Game

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    If someone like Bruce is making jokes during the two minute offense, it doesn't sound like the Rams really came into this game thinking it was going to be a contest they were serious about.
    Speaking of being serious, I will always remember a Faulk Pre-season moment years ago. End of the half or game, Rams were driving, clock was running, and a pass was caught by Hakim and subsequently. Hakim hesitated to get up as if he was dazed. Faulk ran over to him, grabbed him by his shoulders pads, lifted him up and behind the line (clock still running), and then ran back to his positon behind QB.

That spoke volumes to me. Pre-season - yet still a sense of urgency and pride in his TEAM's play. He wanted that drive to succeed.

Then I constrast that with Holt's friviolity and banter with Bly and his brother when the Rams needed that game against Detroit in regular season.

There is a time and place for everything. Some players have self-discipline, others don't. Some coaches instill the discipline, others don't. And then there are some who just don't seem to recognize the difference between when to do one or the other.

thoey is offline Registered User

Well, it was either the way the team is taking the pre-season, or the way the team is taking the whole season. I hope it's just the pre-season...
    This space for rent...

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Pre season or not. It was a very embarrassing game. I had to avoid watch Sports Center because it was so ugly. Lossing Fisher will be a big blow. I would think that Aneas will see some time at CB. I thought Chandler looked ok, better than Bulger. The O-line was.................... I think we all feel the same. I really hope there is vast improvement on both sides of the ball come Friday, other wise it will be another long evening. :disappoin
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

sprtsmac is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by adarian_too
    Speaking of being serious, I will always remember a Faulk Pre-season moment years ago. End of the half or game, Rams were driving, clock was running, and a pass was caught by Hakim and subsequently. Hakim hesitated to get up as if he was dazed. Faulk ran over to him, grabbed him by his shoulders pads, lifted him up and behind the line (clock still running), and then ran back to his positon behind QB.
    I remember that game. I thought that was great and that it took a lot of insight to be thinking on your feet like that. But if I remember right, that game took place during the 99 season and it was against the Titans. I believe it happened when the Rams were making their comeback only to fall short and get their first lost of the season.
    Sprtsmac :football:

RealRam is online now Registered User

AugustaRamFan and Ramtime: I agree ... it's a "FIX IT!" scenario. Nothing more, considering it is Preseason.

"Fix it!" does not apply, obviously, to the second major bone breaking injury to our team. And I mean major.

In my opinion, Mike Martz is fine. And will be fine as the season progresses.

Really liked what I saw in Marshall Faulk last night. And Kevin Curtis, Steven Jackson, Leonard Little too.

Chiefs had a considerably better OL / QB combo last night.

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by sprtsmac
    I remember that game. I thought that was great and that it took a lot of insight to be thinking on your feet like that. But if I remember right, that game took place during the 99 season and it was against the Titans. I believe it happened when the Rams were making their comeback only to fall short and get their first lost of the season.
    Correct. :ramlogo:

adarian_too is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Disco Man
    Correct.
    Yeesh. Wasn't a pre-season game, eh? "Honey ... fire up the hookah. Apparently I don't remember too good as is, so might as well not worry about short term memory either."

MartialRAM is offline Registered User

Cool Re: Thoughts on Tonight's Game

Quote Originally Posted by adarian_too
    so might as well not worry about short term memory either."
    It's called CRS or CRHS in my case...

sprtsmac is offline Registered User

You guys are funny. :tongue:
    Sprtsmac :football:

sbramfan is offline Registered User

What's up with the excuse that that the Rams don't take preseason games seriously? Gee, Mike Martz didn't game plan for the Chiefs...

Well, perhaps Dick Vermiel didn't game plan for the Rams either.

Perhaps the Chiefs Offensive line, Defensive Line, and Quarterback are just plain better than the Rams at this point early in pre-season. Perhaps it is a clear sign that the Rams have gaping holes in both lines and we COULD be in for a long season????

I guess tonights game vs. Washington will answer some of these questions, and I realize that Orlando is still out, but there are 4 or 5 other guys on that O Line that will still be out there come opening day. And when did we cut Woughlobah?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123