Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Soonerram8 is offline Registered User

Thouhts on SAM BRADFORD

I went to high school with Sam at PC North. Played Football together . He went to OU and I stayed at a local university to play football. However I saw him plenty there at OU and much the same was said about him there as in high school. At both paces he stayed true to his beliefs and morals. His ability to play football speaks for itself. What are your expectations of Sam? Thoughts so far of his pre-season and him being a St. Louis guy now. Just wondering.
    Last edited by Soonerram8; -09-06-2010 at 06:17 PM.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Thouhts on SAM BRADFORD

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerram8 View Post
    Thoughts so far of his pre-season and him being a St. Louis guy now. Just wondering.
    Let me put it this way, he's made most of us stop thinking about Ndamukong Suh.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerram8 View Post
    I went to high school with Sam at PC North. Played Football together . He went to OU and I stayed at a local university to play football. However I saw him plenty there at OU and much the same was said about him there as in high school. At both paces he stayed true to his beliefs and morals. His ability to play football speaks for itself. What are your expectations of Sam? Thoughts so far of his pre-season and him being a St. Louis guy now. Just wondering.
    I was one that was very skeptical about Sam being the Rams first pick. Not watching many OK game, the only games I seemed to see were the games where he got hurt. So I didn't think it was a good move to offer him such a huge contract (I still think it's crazy) and make him the #1 pick overall.

Now that I've seen him play in the four preseason games, I'm thinking he may be the real deal. I know that four preseason games means practically nothing, because what he saw in those games will not compare to what he'll see next week and beyond. Teams are going to throw people at him all day long and make him read and react faster than he's ever had to before. In preseason, teams don't show much, and outside of the Pat's game, he threw against backups.

But..... He can play. He's smart, has a great arm, and if the team can keep him out of harm's way, may be the next great franchise QB.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

BIG-BLUE is offline Registered User

I have to say I was on the Suh bandwagon, I'm just an old fashion defense guy. But Bradford has opened my eyes, as long as the Rams can give him decent protection he will carve up what the defenses are throwing at him. I know it's early but the kid just has that poise you look for, very calm & understands the game. I gotta say I'm happy he's with the Rams.

hawaiianpunch is offline Registered User

I was on Suh wagon as well. Bradfords play against new england just said it for me. He can make pin point passes when given time, and he can scramble when needed. I couldn't be any happier right now. Now if he is a new peyton Manning? we will have to see. I hope though!

Fastcat is offline Registered User

I was on the "lets trade down" bandwagon but looks to me like bradford has "IT". The same "it" factor good/great qbs have. and in and interview I heard Sam said things started to "slow" down for im. That says alot to me... I dont know if any of you ever played football from peewee to college but every time you advance to another stage things a fast and just flying around and when it "slows" down for you, you see alot more and are 100% more productive!

Head Slap is offline Registered User

He looked good in the last 2 preseason games as we have all seen

lets see what happens when teams are bringing real looks the best heat 4 quarters.

I am not sure the NE game was a real test. Belichick preseason games defenders play a few steps off receivers on purpose. He wants to see who can can tackle and who can't in the the secondary before cuts.

That said Sam made the reads, went through his progressions well and looked off defenders...something McCoy and Clauson have yet to demonstrate at this level

3STL9 is offline Registered User

I was on the Suh bandwagon. I have switched over to Bradford now.

However, injury is the question. Iam real concerned about durability and taking the hits on the shoulder. He seems to be 120% recovered on that shoulder though

Shanahallen is offline Registered User

Destiny has a funny way of working out.

Would Suh have been a great pick? Sure.

Do I sometimes wish the Skins would have found a way to land Bradford instead of trading for McNabb and taking Trent Williams (who looks awesome?). The thought has crossed my mind.

But in the end, I think all parties ended up happy here. I don't know how the Bucs feel about theirs, but I think the top half of the draft is all smiles.

I'm hoping the OL holds up for the kid and Bradford has a chance to develop. I'm a bit oldschool when it comes to QB development. Aaron Rodgers is the classic example of what can happen if a quarterback is allowed to grow up in a system.

Then again, you could have the next Peyton Manning on your hands. Or at least a Ryan or Flacco. He's got the makings of one of those rare individuals who step in and lead a franchise to the promised land.

Lord, just let him live long enough...

#39 Fan is offline Registered User

Thumbs up Re: Thouhts on SAM BRADFORD

As a lifelong Longhorn fan, I can honestly say that I'm a HUGE Sam Bradford fan. Followed his college career very closely. Enjoying following him on what I think will be a very successful NFL career. Didn't feel dirty saying that, which is worriesome

Hook Em, Sam -- Lead us to victory

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

I can say that I was/am on the Bradford draft pick bandwagon. He was impressive at Oklahoma and I know he has to be better than what we have had. Bulger is simply too gun shy from getting hit so much. I almost expected a phantom sack out of Bulger at some point. I wouldn't mind seeing Bradford and Lewis doing a wildcat variation from time-to-time.

Oh yeah, BOMMER SOONER!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Let me put it this way, he's made most of us stop thinking about Ndamukong Suh.
    Ndamukong Who?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

ramhard is offline Registered User

And no Dumb commercials

And we don't have to live through those awful commercials that Suh and Revis is doing for Dick's Sporting Goods! Uggggggghhhh.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Shanahallen View Post
    Destiny has a funny way of working out.

Would Suh have been a great pick? Sure.

Do I sometimes wish the Skins would have found a way to land Bradford instead of trading for McNabb and taking Trent Williams (who looks awesome?). The thought has crossed my mind.

But in the end, I think all parties ended up happy here. I don't know how the Bucs feel about theirs, but I think the top half of the draft is all smiles.

I'm hoping the OL holds up for the kid and Bradford has a chance to develop. I'm a bit oldschool when it comes to QB development. Aaron Rodgers is the classic example of what can happen if a quarterback is allowed to grow up in a system.

Then again, you could have the next Peyton Manning on your hands. Or at least a Ryan or Flacco. He's got the makings of one of those rare individuals who step in and lead a franchise to the promised land.

Lord, just let him live long enough...

So just wondering, Trent Williams has looked impressive so far? That's good the hear

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

While it still remains to be seen if Sam can stand up to a full season of NFL punishment - one of my biggest concerns about him as a prospect and one reason I preferred Suh as the Rams' selection - Bradford has confirmed what fans saw of him at Oklahoma and what was present in his scouting reports - outstanding accuracy, good enough arm, good decision maker, underrated mobility. When protected and when given time, he can carve up a defense. Will he remain as well protected in the regular season as he has the preseason? It's doubtful, so we'll have to see how he responds. All indication is he has the mental make-up to be successful. The poise and command he's displayed as a rookie has been outstanding, and is one of the more impressive things I've seen from him since he joined the Rams. If Sam can continue to have this kind of success once the regular season starts, or at least show the kind of flashes that make you believe he'll get there as he continues to develop, he'll go a long way in winning the rest of us Suh advocates over.
    Last edited by Nick; -09-08-2010 at 10:31 AM.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast