Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    general counsel is offline Registered User

Three Big Ifs and a bold prediction

IF

1) we get kris jenkins
    2) Jenkins and the rest of the rams make it through the season healthy (every team gets injuries, but if we avoid key injuries) and
    3) if we consistently score tds in the red zone

WE ARE GOING TO WIN THE SUPERBOWL

I really believe that. I know that we arent going to give up the 13th pick for jenkins. Thus, if we get jenkins, plus add an impact player on defense at 13, i think we will be plenty improved enough on defense given how fantastic i believe that our offense is going to be.

Injuries are always the wild card. If i was going to throw a fourth IF into the list, it would have been consistent offensive line play, but i figure that if we dont get consistent offensive line play, we arent going to score tds in the red zone consistently anyway. TD's in the red zone are so critical for the rams because our ability to convert those opportunities is going to take that much more pressure off the defense by changing the other teams game plans.

You can tell that tx is really convincing me that now is the time to grab for a title and give up good stuff for jenkins. He is far better than anyone else we are going to get right now in the draft and the offense really does look good enough to win a title. I for one am prepared to mortgage some of the future to get that done. A #3 is easy, i am prepared to do that, and i may be prepared to give up a #2 if the rams are convinced that the guy is healthy and in decent shape. Is that aggressive? Sure. BUt he is a probowl defensive tackle and that is exactly what the rams need.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Three Big Ifs and a bold prediction

I'm drinking that Kool-Aid.

ST. LOUIS RAMS ---Superbowl XLII----CHAMPS!!!

Dont kid us LARAM, thats not Kool-Aid, thats Long Island Iced Tea that you are consuming by the gallon jug!

Glad to have at least one supportive rambro on the HUGE upside for this team in 2007-08. Rams in the dessert for the title! LaRam will be in attending with the rest of the clan.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Uhh ... could I have some of your coolaid?? I,m really thirsty !!

Thirsty for a division title and playoff run that is ... I think you are right about acquiring Jenkins. If we get him for a 3rd, we would be ahead of the game .. question is: do we have to outbid Denver? Denver selects #6 overall in round three -- we pick at 19 overall in the 3rd.

majorram is offline Registered User

Man I'm with you GC, I'm always thinking that the Rams will win the SB every year, what ever the team is like!!! nice read mate

steve
    "The breakfast Club"

CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User

I would like to have a healthy and game ready Jenkins. He can add the power and bulk in the middle that the Rams need.

However, I believe we can make a run at the SuperBowl with or without Jenkins.

I do agree the Rams need to stay healthy and be more than effective in the RED ZONE....

smizzhfx is offline Registered User

I think now is the time to make our run, we can't be in "rebuilding mode" every single year!

Give me a swig of that cool aid cause I'm with you GC :r

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    Rams in the dessert for the title! LaRam will be in attending with the rest of the clan.
    Count me in! My brother lives 20 minutes from University of Phoenix Stadium and we've already agreed we're there in February 2008! Would that make for the ultimate Bash or what??

If we get to the big dance, we all need to chip in and buy dez a round trip ticket from HaggisTown so he can get to the game to support the squad.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Varg6 is offline Registered User

One nice thing about this next year is that we're truly under the radar, virtually everything I read about the schedules and the teams have nothing to do with us whatsoever, so that is one thing that can actually help us, we have virtually no pressure. We'll come out as one of those "surprise" teams (as if people didn't know that we have an explosive offense) if we can get our act together defensively. Who knows, it's a new season of football, anything can happen in those 16 weeks...

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

txramsfan is offline Registered User

We have the offense, but I honestly feel Jenkins is the key. Him and Sofli have great history, and I honestly think he would like playing for Haslett. Without Jenkins though, it's a pipedream.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    We have the offense, but I honestly feel Jenkins is the key. Him and Sofli have great history, and I honestly think he would like playing for Haslett. Without Jenkins though, it's a pipedream.
    I agree to an extent, but it looks like (if you go into premier forum, I posted an updated rumor report on Jenkins) we'll need to give up more in order to get him, and it might be too much in the eyes of Linehan & Co.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    I agree Tx that Jenkins could be a key. He's a pretty hot topic in the media now and everything I've read points toward it being a mistake for Carolina to let him go. I'm leaning to taking a chance by offering a second (if he's in shape), getting this thing done and hopefully giving us a fighting chance at making the big dance.

Rams-B-Wagon is offline Registered User

I agree with all those 3 "BIG IF'S...we are going to have a top 5 offense next year..probably the best offense in the NFC hands down. Drew Bennett and RAndy McMichael are gonna help us in the RED ZONE...Steven Jackson is gonna lead the NFC in rushing this season because of our 3 WR sets getting so much respect and attention. If we land Kris Jenkins that will instantly make us Superbowl Contenders...with that Jenkins addition we should go after Patrick Willis at LB if he is still available at #13..if not I think we should take a reach and snatch up Reggie Nelson from FS to help Corey Chavious. Otogowe is a decent tackler but he is not a cover safety or a playmaker. Nelson would give us that dynamic playmaker that we so desperately need. Overall our 2007-2008 season is looking very positive. Hopefully we can score some red zone TD's this year and not settle for 3 after these 10 plus play drives..that **** drove me crazy last year. We let at least 4 games go down the drain just off that fact alone. GO RAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

i am with you GC on everything, i have no problem giving up that #2 pick for Jenkins providing everything checks out well with him,i also feel that this could be a special season if that defense can play even a little better, a key stop here and there and put that offense back on the field, keep Bulger upright and i think we end up in the super bowl.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast