Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Three things I'd like to see Rams try in Red Zone

If I could truly solve the Rams recent Red Zone troubles, I'd be an NFL coach. That said, here are a few ideas:

1. Roll out to get rolling. Bulger is generally pretty good throwing when rolling to the right. With defenses clogging the middle, getting Marc outside the box and running two receivers to the right side - one to the goal line and the other trailing at the back of the end zone, might be effective.

2. Two heavy. I'd like to see formations from the five and in with Jackson and Davis in the same backfield. With a 50% chance that either gets the ball, defenses may have to hesitate at the snap, giving the Rams enough advantage to open a hole.

3. Fade away. The Rams have rarely used the fade pass. I would try splitting 6'5 Klopfenstein wide and throwing him the jump ball.

Aries51 is offline Registered User

Re: Three things I'd like to see Rams try in Red Zone

I agree with Bulger rolling to the right.Plus,Bulger is pretty decent at tucking the ball in and scoring himself if noone's open and he has a clear lane to get in.
    ST.LOUIS RAMS:THE MOST FRUSTRATING TEAM IN THE NFL!!!

CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User

I say go OLD SCHOOL.

Line up and smack the guy in front of you in the mouth and if he gets up do it again. With Stevens power I say quit trying to look so damn pretty. Run it hard between the tackles. Once you establish you can do that then that pretty crap works.....

Rambos is offline Registered User

I thought we would see the TE for sure down there last week; I also like the fade to Klop.

Pound it with SJ 3 times in a row! It might just take one, he looked like a guy that will not be denied.
    Last edited by Rambos; -09-13-2006 at 07:38 PM.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

If all those ideas fail kick the FG. LMAO

ramstiles is offline Registered User

I'd like to see them score a TD LOL

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Aries51 View Post
    Bulger is pretty decent at tucking the ball in and scoring himself if noone's open and he has a clear lane to get in.
    Good point. When healthy in 2003 he ran for 4 TD's and in 2004 for 3. He's shown an ability to be crafty when running quarterback draws on the goal line. I'd like to see them remain part of the mix.

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

I'd really like to see the jump ball thrown to Klopfenstein as well, I think it could work. Our TE's really weren't used at all in the passing game against the Broncos which really surprised me.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    I thought we would see the TE for sure down there last week; I also like the fade to Klop.

Pound it with SJ 3 times in a row! It might just take one, but if we have get hitting it with SJ, he looked like a guy that will not be denied.
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHORNS View Post
    I say go OLD SCHOOL.

Line up and smack the guy in front of you in the mouth and if he gets up do it again. With Stevens power I say quit trying to look so damn pretty. Run it hard between the tackles. Once you establish you can do that then that pretty crap works.....
    You guys got it right there. When you're that close, some form of running should take place. Jackson is too powerful to deny. Seriously I think Mike Martz payed some voodoo witch doctor to possess Linehan with his spirit at certain times, cause Linehan seems to smart to be making those type of calls.

Dr. Defense is offline Registered User

I want to see us pull a patriots. (Hey, I live in N.E. so not my fault if after watching them every week they rub off a little on me) Line up Little in the backfield as a fullback and have him run interferance for SJ.

sprtsmac is offline Registered User

Here's a little collaboration of the ideas:

Playaction to Jackson, roll Bulger to his right, and have him hit Klopfenstein in the back of the endzone. Klop will be open because he did an excellent job of selling the run thus having the LB or Safety forgetting about him.
    Sprtsmac :football:

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

I'm with Crazyhorns...

You've got Jackson or Davis in the backfield. If you can't get one of those two guys into the endzone in three tries, the Rams should take the ball and go home. (provided we're talking 1st & goal) Spread the damn defense with 3 receivers, and jam it down their throat! 9 out of 10 times the defense is gonna blitz and try to screw up Marc's timing, so the fade IS a good option as well.

I DO NOT want to see Marc bootleg it in, unless he's forced to. We don't need him injured again. He's too fragile, I believe, to be runnin' with the rock.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

I'd like to see them go jumbo formation and punch it in. I'm still upset over that play action miscue on 3rd and goal.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Why not go "trip's right", loading up one side of the line with 3 receivers, then run Jackson or Davis in behind them as the receivers run slant-in patterns to move out the defenders.... You can either run the RB, or throw a short pass to them underneath and behind trip's? Either way, you'll probably get a single LB or DE on the RB.....

If the defenders fall off any of the receivers, you're got one-on-one there, throw to him. Marc just has to make the correct read and react.

...just a thought. :O

Rams_Fan is offline Registered User

2. Two heavy. I'd like to see formations from the five and in with Jackson and Davis in the same backfield. With a 50% chance that either gets the ball, defenses may have to hesitate at the snap, giving the Rams enough advantage to open a hole.
    I agree completely...... I would even take it one step furter and steal the old "Bears/Dicka" play....... put the big O (Pace) in the backfield or under center ( ) and just lean forward......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast