Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Through six games our receivers and TE play

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

Re: Through six games our receivers and TE play

If The Rams stay with Zac as the heavy loader, the passing game will open up. You'll much bigger numbers from the receivers.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Dwayne Bowe 20 catches 229 yards 2 TDs. I posted Wallace and Jennings above. Those three guys are all number ones and yet Pettis has out played them so far. Pettis is not a number one we know that, but we do have one guy getting it done again it's the wrong guy.
    The main point behind wanting a true #1 guy isn't just the numbers being up, but...

1) He gives the offense a player that can't just be completely shut down.
    2) He forces defenses to shift coverage and take him into account, which can free up other players.

Pettis' numbers may be better than some other #1 type receivers, but I seriously doubt any defensive coordinator is prepping to play the Rams and thinking to themselves, "Gosh, we'd better find a way to stop Austin Pettis."
    RamFan_Til_I_Die likes this.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    The main point behind wanting a true #1 guy isn't just the numbers being up, but...

2) He forces defenses to shift coverage and take him into account, which can free up other players.

Pettis' numbers may be better than some other #1 type receivers, but I seriously doubt any defensive coordinator is prepping to play the Rams and thinking to themselves, "Gosh, we'd better find a way to stop Austin Pettis."
    Yeah I get that. Pettis maybe getting his because DCs are staying up thinking about Cook, Givens and Tavon. All three of them have elite skill sets but none have established themselves as a number one guy. That said I have read Givens and Cook get doubled and I'm sure Tavon gets some attention paid to him as well.

"Gosh, we'd better find a way to stop Austin Pettis." That's why IMO he is the wrong guy catches TDs. because he's going to keep Quick on the slide-line and maybe Quick is that guy that will keep DCs up at night.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I'm just not sure "the wrong guy scoring TDs" is a real problem. I'll take anybody scoring!
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    I'm just not sure "the wrong guy scoring TDs" is a real problem. I'll take anybody scoring!
    That's because it probably isn't.

renrawtruk is offline Registered User

Figured Bailey would be more involved in our offense, but I guess Pettis and Bradford are more in synce right now. Also wonder if Bailey should be given some of Tavons snaps? He could end up being more productive and we still get value out of Tavon with PR's.

I like running more TE sets and throwing to TE's more, if not for only the reason that TE's work more from in the middle of the field, and to throw to someone in the middle of the field the ball goes forward, instead of those lateral passes we started off the year with. Also, think how much we accomplished with TE's, Givens, Pettis, and Stacy, without really going to Cook or Tavon. If we start out with this formula, TE's, Givens, and Stacy, we can mix in Tavon, Quick, and Cook on some big plays.
    Last edited by renrawtruk; -10-18-2013 at 02:14 AM.

MauiRam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post

Hope DC's keep on ignoring him. A td is a td - I agree with Hub completely. Pettis isn't keeping Quick off the field as much as Brian keeps screwing up when he has his opportunities. Getting hit in the back with passes when he (Quick) is the hot read, is not Austin's fault. I am a big fan of Quick, - it is frustrating it's taken as long as it has and he's still struggling - Quick is enormously talented physically, but the mental aspect of the game still eludes him too often.

Like Hub said, I'll take a td from any Ram that suits up on game day. I have no problem with Austin Pettis getting his share .. It's likely Sam B. is not altogether bummed either ..

RealRam is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    As Rambos suggested, it probably isn't a problem!

I too will take anybody scoring! For now, it is just great to have incognito / sleeper receivers scoring TDs. Hopefully Bradford and Pettis will keep connecting but, sure, let's get more from Quick to make Maui happy (and me), more from Harkey and Kendricks, from Givens, more from Cook.

Tavon Austin, perhaps he will now be closer to the front burner, burn opponents more often, please!
    Last edited by RealRam; -10-18-2013 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Tyop

RedAlice is offline Registered User

I still think the issue is Shotty.

But, aside from that. I agree with all who said a TD is a TD. It was great when Harkey caught a TD. Harkey! No discussion of him at all, yet there he goes. That is great.

Spreading it around is fine....having B know he some security with a couple though I think is needed and I don't see that yet. It seems like he thinks he does, then it doesn't work. I have full faith in Givens, yet it does not seem to be gelling yet.

I did like the quadruple TE's in when it mattered. Tbh, I don't care as long as B knows who is there and who he can throw to. This is not FF. This is just us winning.
    Last edited by RedAlice; -10-18-2013 at 06:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedAlice View Post
    I still think the issue is Shotty.

But, aside from that. I agree with all who said a TD is a TD. It was great when Harkey caught a TD. Harkey! No discussion of him at all, yet there he goes. That is great.

Spreading it around is fine....having B know he some security with a couple though I think is needed and I don't see that yet. It seems like he thinks he does, then it doesn't work. I have full faith in Givens, yet it does not seem to be gelling yet.

I did like the quadruple TE's in when it mattered. Tbh, I don't care as long as B knows who is there and who he can throw to. This is not FF. This is just us winning.
    I'm confused if it's all about winning and over the last two weeks we have won what issues are you talking about? You don't like how we are winning?

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    As Rambos suggested, it probably isn't a problem!

For now, it is just great to have incognito / sleeper receivers scoring TDs.
    Can you have "Great to have" and "incognito" in the same sentence on a RAMS forum?.

gap
    Nick likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12