Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Throwbacks

Filthy McNasty Guest

Throwbacks

I know that the players who wear them are more important than the uniforms themselves, but I'm wondering if there is any desire amongst Rams fans to see us play a couple of games in retro uniforms. Plenty of teams have done so in the last few years, in the season just gone the Redskins, Bills, Eagles, Jets and Steelers all played in retro alternate kits, the glare from the yellow and blue Eagles shirt is burned permanantly into my retinas.

I don't mind the Millennium blue and New Century gold uniforms, but I itch to see us play in royal blue and yellow again, that uniform was beautiful and really stood out from the crowd. Most NFL uniforms these days are all muted and dreary, look at that vile concoction they wear in Seattle, ugh.

Maybe it's just me, I'd like to know, but I much prefer our 1973-1999 get up and even if we only broke out a retro kit twice a year, I'd be all the more happier for it.

Oh and while I'm banging on about uniforms, I hope we don't muck about with navy or white pants in 2008 like we did this last year.
    Last edited by Filthy McNasty; -03-07-2008 at 09:46 AM.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Re: Throwbacks

i do like the throwbacks, i like the classic blue and white ones

anyone know anywhere i can buy a 1999 season white Isaac Bruce jersey, you know the one worn in our Superbowl win?

Ramer is offline Registered User

tomahawk247, did you try Ebay?

Filthy McNasty Guest

Ebay is your best bet I'd think.

I picked up a Marshall Faulk road jersey from a seller in Canada last week for a mere $7 (3.50), I'm ecstatic with that.

Ramer is offline Registered User

I think one game wear the classic blue and white & one game wear the royal blue and yellow. I kind of like both.

As for last year, I went to see the Rams play in Baltimore and they wore the white pants. They didn't look to bad live. But really don't like the navy ones.

Keenum is offline Registered User

We also have those alternate gold jerseys. We could go gold jerseys and gold pants one game
    I would like to see a game with the royal blue and gold jerseys though.

81~BIG-GAME is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Keenum View Post
    We also have those alternate gold jerseys. We could go gold jerseys and gold pants one game
    I would like to see a game with the royal blue and gold jerseys though.
    No thanks those Gold jerseys blow..

RealRam is offline Registered User

We also have those alternate gold jerseys. We could go gold jerseys and gold pants one game.
    :O Yikes!

Heh, heh, I know you were kidding but I too would like to see the 90s Blue & Gold or, preferably, the Blue & White of 1965-72.

Maybe this time, during one of their meetings, Mr. Devaney will bring up the throwback uni matter and make it happen! It is overdue.

mpire is offline Registered User

did we even have the same uniform 2 weeks running last year?
    I think there were fewer games wearing gold pants than those awful blue ones and the passable white ones.

I would like to see some blue & yellow 80's throwbacks.

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Blue and White!!!!!

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mpire View Post
    did we even have the same uniform 2 weeks running last year?
    I think there were fewer games wearing gold pants than those awful blue ones and the passable white ones.

I would like to see some blue & yellow 80's throwbacks.
    The blue pants caused us to lose! All hail the gold pants. Never enough gold! The gold jersey/gold pants are the best! I play with them all the time in Madden.

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Why not throw in the 1937 red and black jersey for the heck of it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Keenum is offline Registered User

Yeah I was kidding about those full gold jerseys, lol.
    Just stay away from the blue pants, I've seen many bad things happen to us in those pants...
    I don't think the Rams will use a throwback though, unless they know there is fan support behind it and it's something we want to see. There would have to be a petition or something to get their attention.

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Just stay away from the blue pants, I've seen many bad things happen to us in those pants...
    I don't think the Rams will use a throwback though, unless they know there is fan support behind it and it's something we want to see. There would have to be a petition or something to get their attention.
    I don't know why, but your post reminded me of this joke:

Once upon a time there was a pirate ship with a noble captain. One day as they were sailing they were attacked by a rival gang of pirates. The captain called to his first-mate "Go, quickly, fetch me my red shirt!"

The first mate did so. Donning his red shirt, the Captain fought valiantly; so bravely in fact, that he inspired his men. Even though they were outnumbered, they drove the assaulting pirates away.

A few days past, the lookout shouted: "Captain, there are three pirate ships on the horizon!". The Captain quickly evaluated the situation, then ordered his first-mate, again "quickly! Fetch my red shirt!" Again, after a heroic battle, the pirates were defeated and they continued sailing.

As the men sat later and drank to their victory, the first mate pulled the captain aside and very discretely asked him, "Captain; when you saw we were being attacked, why did you call for your red shirt?"

The captain smiled and replied, "Well, you see; if I am wearing a red shirt the men cannot see if I am injured and I can continue to lead them with confidence."

The first mate was proud to have such a brave captain.

Many days past, the lookout spotted twelve warships approaching. "Captain! We are surrounded! I see twelve pirate ships approaching!"

The first mate looked to the captain, "Sir, shall I get your red shirt?"

"Not my red shirt! Get my brown pants!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RealRam is offline Registered User

That petition idea, I agree and this is a great place to get it started: ClanRam! :bash:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. -03-07-2008, 09:53 AM