RamWraith is offline Registered User

Thursday Afternoon---Wagoner

Thursday Morning
    Thursday, December 1, 2005

- It's pretty clear who is going to be starting at quarterback this week. I don't know too many NFC Offensive Players of the Week that have been benched the week after winning the award. Ryan Fitzpatrick is ready to make this start.

- That said, I would caution everyone to be patient with him. I haven't seen many rookies do what he did considering the circumstances and it was a joy to watch it, but that doesn't mean he won't have some growing pains. Because he is so mature and talented, Fitzpatrick almost looks like a veteran. He's not and he deserves time to grow. These next few weeks will be a great opportunity for him to develop and he could show that he's ready to be the No. 2 next season.

- The offensive line situation is a mess right now, yet another reason to restrain your hopes on Fitzpatrick. It looks like Orlando Pace will play this weekend, but nothing is for certain. The Rams always need Pace and without him, it could be a long day. I said in training camp that I believe the two most important pieces to this team are Pace and Marc Bulger. It could make for a long day if Pace is out too.

- The thought of Matt Morgan and Rex Tucker starting at the tackle spots is not something many Rams fans want to have to deal with. We know Alex Barron will be out for this weekend so that means one of the two will start. Also, it isn't out of the realm of possibility for Adam Timmerman to play right tackle with Larry Turner at guard. Don't fret too much about Barron's injury. Although he won't play this weekend, Barron says the injury isn't season-threatening and coach Joe Vitt said he expects Barron to be ready next week.

- Isaac Bruce deserves any recognition he gets. He is a class act and a great team guy. And oh by the way, he still has plenty of gas in the tank. He might not admit it, but he's playing through considerable pain right now and still getting the job done. In a slightly related note, Bruce has to be one of my favorite guys on the team to talk to. His dry humor and wit always make him a fun interview.

- Trev Faulk might not be the long term answer at middle linebacker, but you won't find many guys on the team with more desire to improve every day. He's earning his time as the starter right now.

- It doesn't look like Blaine Saipaia will be ready to go this weekend. He is still suffering the effects of a concussion and matters of the head are nothing to play with. Blaine has a big, wonderful family to think about and rushing back because the offensive line needs him might not be the best idea. He knows that and the Rams know that. I would expect him to be out at least another week.

- It does appear DeJuan Groce will be back this week. Groce should start in place of Chris Johnson with Ron Bartell getting the go on the other side.

- Travis Fisher didn't do much in Wednesday's practice and his status is in question for this week.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: Thursday Afternoon---Wagoner

Good news on Groce, Johnson just scares me out there. With the O line decimated, how huge is it for the special teams to come up big this week?

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

It also sounds like Fitzie will be running for his life,good thing hes quick on his feet.
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

general counsel is offline Registered User

I hope the defense shows up. Prayer might be a better term than hope given its recent performance.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I wonder which of our starting corners - Groce or Bartell - the Rams plan on matching up opposite of Santana Moss. We're really going to need our safeties to be on their game this week, because I'm not liking the mental picture of Moss blowing by either of our corners only to find no safety is back there helping them out.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

RAMS SHOULD DOUBLE COVER MOSS ALL DAY, THE ONLY OTHER PASS RECEIVER THEY HAVE IS COOLEY.

GO RAMS !!!

bruce_wannabe Guest

Pisa Will Take Cooley Out Of The Situation!!!!!!! I Think Coakley Will Have A Huge Day Tommorrow

RamJackson39 is offline Registered User

Moss is a welcome rest from the big receivers that have torched this secondary all season.
    The Roman and The Prince. Playmakers until the end.