ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Tiger Sam; Updated Injury/Roster Moves

by Brian Stull

Sooner Nation may be upset, but they can't say Sam Bradford isn't a man of his word. As per the friendly wager with Danario Alexander on the Missouri-Oklahoma game, Bradford donned a Tiger jersey for his after practice press conference.
    "I don't know," said Bradford as he looked down and shook his head at the uniform. "I would rather wear my Sooners jersey. Hopefully, next year I'll be wearing a Rams jersey that's undefeated and I'll tell you how that feels."
    Sam did concede Danario showed a nice touch by having the jersey customized with #14 and Bradford on the back.
    "Yeah, it was very thoughtful of him to get my old college number," played along Bradford. "It feels good to be back in the 1-4. Not sure about the colors or name on the jersey, but being in 14 feels good again."
    RAMdom Notes:
    -Steven Jackson was in attendance, but did not practice on Wednesday.
    Ron Bartell (thigh/shoulder) was very limited. James Butler (mcl), Justin King (hamstring), Fendi Onobun (back), Fred Robbins (toe), Darell Scott (ankle), and Darian Stewart (hamstring) did not practice.
    -Clifton Ryan has been placed on Injured Reserve due to his migraine issues not clearing up. Filling his roster spot, the Rams have signed safety Michael Lewis.
    "Mike's a good football player," shared Spagnuolo. "Strong football player--he does a lot of good things. He's smart, loves the game of football, there's a history between us so I've got a lot of confidence in him."
    Spagnuolo was on the Philadelphia coaching staff when the Eagles drafted Lewis in 2002. "He was very technical," recalled Lewis. "He wanted you to do things the right way and just get down to the basics."
    While obviously familiar with the Rams defensive scheme, Spags tempered how quickly Lewis would be able to contribute.
    "We'll see," explained Spagnuolo. "It's funny, you sit here and say 'okay, he was in the same system'--not really. It's been three years removed from it, things change. But, these guys are all pros. They go to new teams, they pick it up pretty quick."
    "It's not that easy," agreed Lewis."But at the same time, I'm familiar with the terminology. Just getting that worked out and where I need to be on certain fits--once I get that figured out, I'll be okay.
    "Today, I was out there--I was kind of loose today. Trying to get lined up and get things right. I like to study, so I'm going to go home and study, get in my playbook and try to learn the system as fast as possible."
    Lewis, a Pro Bowler in 2004, asked for and was given his released by San Francisco earlier this month. "You know what, they decided to go in a different direction and we decided to go in a different direction," responded Lewis.
    -Cornerback Quincy Butler, who the Rams claimed on waivers Monday, was also back on the practice field. Linebacker Curtis Johnson has been released.

LmaO Sam does not look happy in that Jersey!
    so we have Quincy Butler back and Michael Lewis back, I hope they can add a more productive depth and/or start for this week until we get alot more healthy leading into our bye week.
    Has anyone ever heard of someone being placed on IR for migraine issues? Never have I ever!!!

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Re: Tiger Sam; Updated Injury/Roster Moves

Haha!! Sam has the look of a guy on the way to see his Dentist.

It's all good though!

WHAT SAY YE?