RockinRam is offline Registered User

The Tight End Situation

I had my doubts on Danny Fells when this season started, and I thought he was overrated.

However, he's quietly showing up when his number is called, and has saved Bradford's butt several times now. He looks like a good safety blanket for Bradford.

I think Darcy Johnson will be gone when Uh-Oh comes back.

Just think of Michael Hoomanawanui coming back and adding another weapon for Bradford. He looked solid in pre-season, and I think he will carry that over.

Has anyone watched Bajema? He's been lying low.

IMO, once Hoomanawanui comes back, and pairs up with Fells, it would really solidify out passing attack because our WRs are already stepping up and improving each week.

It's going to be fun times ahead folks.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Re: The Tight End Situation

Both Hoomanawanui and Bajema were inactive against the Seahawks I believe.

Fells has played well, and its good to see Onobun starting to contribute. I'm with you aout Johnson. I don't see him sticking around once Hoomanawanui is back. That penalty on the fourth down conversion, putting us back five and making us punt, could have been a killer.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Indeed. The Rams TEs will really up the passing game potential.

Alec22 is offline Registered User

Fells blocking has been decent, although he got bowled over early in the sea game. But much like last year he has been a good recieving TE. Once UH OH is back I think it is time for darcy to go to practice squad. Fells,UH Oh, Fendi. Then Bajema if one of the TE declares themselves the starter (bajema for blocking purposes)

DistantRam is offline Registered User

Fells' contract expires next year, so he's going to have to impress if he wants a big deal. I suspect that his future as a Ram depends very much on how much progress Onobun makes this year; Bajema and Hoomanawanui look certain to retain their roster spots, barring some unforeseen disaster.

richtree is offline Registered User

Hoomanawanui seems to be a good player.

He seems to be coming back quickly from injury, so he probably won't be 100% until after the bye week.

I don't want to rush him, but I truly think he can make a differnce.

I too have doubts about Fells because I don't think he fits so great in our offense. That being said he has elevated his play to help Bradford so far.

I still think Hoomanawanui will be the starter next season and Fells will be gone....but hopefully Fells keeps showing his consistency to help the Rams make first downs.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    Hoomanawanui seems to be a good player.

He seems to be coming back quickly from injury, so he probably won't be 100% until after the bye week.

I don't want to rush him, but I truly think he can make a differnce.

I too have doubts about Fells because I don't think he fits so great in our offense. That being said he has elevated his play to help Bradford so far.

I still think Hoomanawanui will be the starter next season and Fells will be gone....but hopefully Fells keeps showing his consistency to help the Rams make first downs.
    Why in the world would you think a productive player like Fells would be gone next year?

RebelYell is offline Registered User

If you believe in Fendi and Uh Oh, Fells isn't likely to make the team next year. The Rams generally go with 3 TEs. Fendi isn't a blocker so that leaves the Rams with 2 TEs and more likely than not Bajema will get the #3 TE position just for blocking skills.

Fells, like Fendi is one dimensional. Hard to have 2 TEs like that on the roster. If Fendi doesn't progress into a player, Fells likely takes that job.

richtree is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    If you believe in Fendi and Uh Oh, Fells isn't likely to make the team next year. The Rams generally go with 3 TEs. Fendi isn't a blocker so that leaves the Rams with 2 TEs and more likely than not Bajema will get the #3 TE position just for blocking skills.

Fells, like Fendi is one dimensional. Hard to have 2 TEs like that on the roster. If Fendi doesn't progress into a player, Fells likely takes that job.

^what he said