Like Tree13Likes
  • 10 Post By NJ Ramsfan1
  • 1 Post By jkramsfan
  • 1 Post By LA Rammer
  • 1 Post By mh-i

Thread: Time For All of us to Come Together

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Time For All of us to Come Together

This week provided us with a lot of tension, uncertainty and plenty of time to ponder what might happen to our Rams. Posts were filled with a combination of exasperation, sarcasm, frustration and even a tinge of anger and disgust regarding the "Fisher Saga". Today ends all of that with a signing that makes a statement about where ownership wants to take us. Make no mistake; this was a BIG DEAL. The Rams- THE RAMS!! made the biggest splash in the off season coaching market by reeling in Jeff Fisher. While I had high hopes, I honestly never would have thought it possible, knowing full well the disappointments we've endured over the years.

There are some clanrammers who were (are) not enamored with Jeff Fisher. That is certainly their prerogative and Fisher is not without fault. As Ferter and others have stated, past performance is no guarantee of future success, and that is true. But Fisher is a good if not great coach. He is in it for the long haul. He has a great knowledge of the rules and is a sound in-game coach. By all accounts, he is a players' coach but has enough mettle to take someone to task if need be. His defenses play with a chip-on-your-shoulder attitude. He was in demand for a reason: he's a good coach. And now he's here.

I've been around long enough and suffered like all of you to know the foolishness of thinking all is solved and guaranteeing success with the arrival of Jeff Fisher. After all, we shared many of the same sentiments concerning a past "hot" coordinator whose defense shocked the football world in a Super Bowl upset of the Patriots a few years back. But this is a bit different. Jeff Fisher has been there and knows how to run a team. He's hard-nosed. And I'm as confident as I will allow myself to be that he is the right man for this job.

This is the time we put aside our opinions about the myriad other candidates out there and band together as Rams fans in support of the current head coach. And don't forget: Fisher may in fact bring in some other experienced assistants to help restore the pride (Gregg Williams, etc). This is the beginning of what should be an interesting and exciting time for us- the assembly of a staff, the details of the hire, the draft possibilities and comments from Fisher himself. Let's sit back and enjoy- we all deserve it!!
    majorram, laram0, dgr828 and 7 others like this.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: Time For All of us to Come Together

I was getting very frustrated with the lenght of the process and jumped on and off the Fisher bandwagon,I really wanted him from the start but got tired of waiting,now that it has happened I am back to being glad he choose the Rams, I think he will bring a ton of energy to the Rams and the fan base which will get the dome rocking again, now hire up a good staff and lets have a good draft and get this thing turned around.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

does this mean group hug?
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

mh-i is offline Registered User

It was funny to read the last week. Very manic depressive!
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

There's no doubt in my mind that "BETTER DAYS ARE COMING"!

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

NJ, well stated! You mirror my thoughts precisely.

Go Rams!

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

So, I haven't been around, but there were people the ACTUALLY BELIEVED Fisher was going to Miami?

Rambos is offline Registered User

Great post NJ. We as fans may think Fisher is or isn't the answer. But one thing is for sure our owner thinks he is and got the man he wanted. For the future of the Rams that speaks volumes of what we as fans can look forward to. Great job Stan!

mh-i is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    So, I haven't been around, but there were people the ACTUALLY BELIEVED Fisher was going to Miami?
    At first there was thread after thread saying his signing was going to happen any second. Within a day or so it was getting manic with threads going either way. In the last few days all hope was gone. Today we're printing post season tickets again! Funny stuff.
    Last edited by mh-i; -01-13-2012 at 10:24 PM. Reason: spelling

39WillRunYaOva is offline Registered User

Glad to put this to rest and now we can start building our coaching staff and then on to roster improvements/evaluating our current roster.

BEER is offline Registered User

I didnt get it? Can you repeat it for me>? U see Im hard of spelling.....

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Although I can't say I'm a fan of his offensive philosophy, I do realize that we needed a coach with experience as well as one who's experienced some measure of success. Jeff Fisher, obviously fits that mode.

As a defensive minded coach, I have no qualms about his defensive approach, particularly if he convinces Greg Williams to come aboard. However, I am extremely concerned about what we'll be on offense. I'd hate to see Sam Bradford's talent being wasted (not to mention Mr. Kroenke's money), handing the ball off to Jackson 25 times a game, as I don't see that benefitting either player at this stage in their careers.

It'd also be nice if Brandon Lloyd decided to stay, but I know that will hinge on who we bring in as O coordinator and what kind of offense we ran.

He spoke rather highly of Fisher in an interview today but I could tell he was a little concerned about the offense. He did point out that Kerry Collins was among the leaders in passes attempted one season in Tennessee, for whatever that's worth.

HornIt is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    There's no doubt in my mind that "BETTER DAYS ARE COMING"!
    It would actually be hard for that not to happen. I can't imagine this team hasn't already been on the ground floor.

Fisher gives them as good of a chance to finally pull out of this as anybody I think. The last time they hired a guy like this with a real proven NFL track record to run the show was Vermeil and that worked out pretty well. Not saying Fisher will work out as well as that, but for sure he will work out better than anything since then as far as building an actual team that can/will compete. I have little doubt about that.

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

To describe my feelings about this hire in one word: Relieved. I sincerely apologize to Jeff Fisher and the rest of ClanRam for my overreacting over the past week. I think part of the reason I went so nuts is because I was nervous we were going to lose Fisher, so it was just a way of me psyching myself out.

Great post NJ. Go Rams, lets bring in a quality staff, and more importantly, some Ws!

majorram is offline Registered User

great post!!!! to me this could be the one turning point in a long time that US fans have been waiting for.....I'm over the moon with this signing....this COULD be a franchise changing DAY!!!!
    "The breakfast Club"