Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    ManofGod is offline Registered User

Re: Time to give praise to Kevin Demoff

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    You may have a certain degree of insight on the subject, but you are not the sole authority. Bottom line is that the word "props" is not uniquely associated with any particular race.

I've represented more clients in race discrimination cases than I could count. If any of them told me that they thought it was discriminatory for their employer to insist that they not use the word "props" in written correspondence, I'd tell them they had no case.
    Come on AV, let's "keep it real" it all depends on how much they were willing to pay you, I know plenty of "dirty" lawyers working in the criminal justice system myself. In the end its all about "lacing" your pockets, looking good, and making others look/feel inferior like you do on this board as a Mod, but it's "all good" I'm not mad at "cha" "playa"(LOL).

*Note*: I love AV everyone and I agree with his post 99.5% of the time however this time I just couldn't go with the status quo.

On another note to answer the question, I think ole Kev did a good job, now we will still go 5-11(6-10) at best, but if he has another solid draft like this, signs Mr. Atogwe, and finds us a future QB and WR to pair with Avery(unless our WR's suprise me this year) next year we will talk "playoffs", yes playoffs(lol).
    Last edited by ManofGod; -08-07-2009 at 05:59 PM.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by ManofGod View Post
    Come on AV, let's "keep it real" it all depends on how much they were willing to pay you, I know plenty of "dirty" lawyers working in the criminal justice system myself. In the end its all about "lacing" your pockets, looking good, and making others look/feel inferior like you do on this board as a Mod, but it's "all good" I'm not mad at "cha" "playa"(LOL).
    What was that you said about walking a mile in someone else's shoes?

Interesting that you think you know who I am, what I do, and what motivates me, notwithstanding that you have not walked even one pace in my shoes.

For the record: (1) I don't practice criminal law, and (2) because I handle employment dicrimination cases on contingency, my selection of cases depends upon their factual and legal merits, not the resources of the potential client.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    (2) because I handle employment dicrimination cases on contingency, my selection of cases depends upon their factual and legal merits, not the resources of the potential client.
    Riiiiiiiiiiiight....I hope you are different than those in you profession that i've had the "pleasure" of working with.

cfh128 is offline Registered User

I will gladly give praise to whoever puts this thread out of its misery

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by cfh128 View Post
    I will gladly give praise to whoever puts this thread out of its misery
    Um...is that "praise" or "props"? Either way I'm with you cfh!!

WHAT SAY YE?

Yeah its over it was fun while it lasted

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post
    Um...is that "praise" or "props"? Either way I'm with you cfh!!

WHAT SAY YE?
    It is to each his/her own
    Last edited by Fortuninerhater; -08-07-2009 at 10:37 PM.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Tell me more about this Demoff guy. What does the Executive VP of Football Ops do anyway?
    He properly appraises prospects & propels punctual penning of participatory partnerships to provide proprietor and player with a proportionately propitious pecuniary plan.

I think he has done a very good job so far as we know. I'd like to know more about the structure of Smith's contract,though.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Riiiiiiiiiiiight....I hope you are different than those in you profession that i've had the "pleasure" of working with.
    Not to stereotype or anything.

As for this thread... it has taken on a Jason from Friday the 13th staying power, has it not?

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Pardon the assumption but a caucasian male telling me about what's a racist comment just because his girl is african-american....man please kill that nonsense, walk a mile in my shoes then we can talk fam(opps my "bad" AV that's not a real word). Since Ebonics isn't an acceptable term then tell them to stop using it on the local news and CNN as well while you are at it, by all means start a national movement!
    Il pardon the assumption, but my girl isnt african-american, she is just African. And you think that just because im white i dont know what a racist comment is? Isnt that racist in itself?

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by mog
    In short controls the day to day operations of the team cuts, signings, etc.
    Man, that sounds pretty important. Is this a new job or did the Rams have somebody doing this before Demoff?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Nice post AV, I happened to agree completely.

Demoff has done a great job.

As for the derailment.......

I'm astounded that anyone can attempt to appropriate the word 'Praise' or even phrase '..give praise..' for purely religious (and presumably Christian) use.

Next I will be told that I can't use genuflection, blessing, idolatry, simonism,crucifiction, confession, absolution, damnation and a host of other words outside of a purely religious context.

Nonsense. Its the kind of 'Look how pious I am' Christianity that has little purpose other than to make the practitioner feel some sense of superiority.

This feeling of purely secular wonder only increases when I then see an attempt to appropriate the word 'props' as a kind of racial standard upon which a case for racial discrimination can be built.

I'm aware of the power of language but I have to say that there's some very lightly reasoned accusations being thrown around here that have little to do with the words or phrases themselves.

Or football for that matter.
    Last edited by Fat Pang; -08-09-2009 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Is this what I've been missing for the last month or so?

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    It is to each his/her own
    his/her/its

You're not giving equal consideration to non-sexual entities! You sexist bast⁠ard
    Last edited by RamOfDenmark; -08-09-2009 at 09:27 AM.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Pang
    Next I will be told that I can't use genuflection, blessing, idolatry, simonism,crucifiction, confession, absolution, damnation and a host of other words outside of a purely religious context.
    Ironically, "damnation" pretty well sums up the past two seasons of Rams football.

Damnation of Rams Nation. Even has a bit of a ring to it.

Hopefully, with the work of the new organization (including Demoff), we can change that to.......Reclamation of Rams Nation.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Pang View Post
    Nice post AV, I happened to agree completely.

Demoff has done a great job.

As for the derailment.......

I'm astounded that anyone can attempt to appropriate the word 'Praise' or even phrase '..give praise..' for purely religious (and presumably Christian) use.
    And I am astounded that this many people have failed to read/understand my post as it was written.

If any of you take the time to think a little you might realize that I spoke only on behalf of myself.

Even included "to each his/her own" as the walking wounded began piling on, in an attempt to make my statement easier to understand for those of you with an agenda, too lazy to read, or just devoid of understanding.

Have not once said that any of you (especially you AV) have to adopt my philosophy. Just let you know that I wasn't adopting yours, and if that's what offended you, I think that would be a little egocentric don't you?.

To clarify for those of you who apparently don't know what the phrase "to each his/her own" means, it simply means to apply your own thinking/beliefs/opinions to whatever situation you find yourself in.

My original post read, "I think praise is to strong a word for a human, however I will give him props for a job well done so far".

Sounds to me like someone expressing their own personal beliefs/thinking/opinions, does it not?

Secondly, I see absolutely no derailment in my statement. Not only that, but I also answered the thread.

The derailment came when Avenger decided it was time for an english lesson in the middle of the thread because he percieved there was an attack on him. Post traumatic syndrome, comes to my mind, but that's neither here nor there.

Anyway, I challenge any of you who have a problem with my original post, to find where it says you must adopt the same beliefs/thinking/opinions.

You can't, because it doesn't.

If you believe as I do fine, if you don't, fine. I couldn't care less. It is your prerogative, just as it is mine.

Why many of you can't see that, is what's truly astounding.
    Last edited by Fortuninerhater; -08-09-2009 at 01:55 PM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast