RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Time Has Come TODAY!

Chip Rosenbloom can't be blind to what is happening to his team, nor can his sister. I wish I knew what was being said by them about the team performance last Sunday. I wonder how sore Shaw's and Zygmunt's rear ends are, and Scotty's rear end, too.

Most of all, I wonder why they haven't done anything about it yet. As a fellow poster so clearly stated, you can't get billions of dollars for a losing team. This means one of two things - either they don't want to sell the team, or they aren't sure what needs to be done to fix it. (BTW, I'm sure there are many more reasons, I just thought of three more while typing that sentence!)

I've said this before, and I will say it again: You can't polish a turd.

No matter who you hire to coach the Rams, no matter who our OC and DC are, unless they have the authority to do their jobs without interference, the Rams will stink up the place.

Don't get me wrong: I am not saying we are going 0-16. I still say we can go 8-8 IF the team gets their stuff together.

But - as a whole, we will not be a respected team until we get rid of the management and get some people in there that A) know football; and B) know how to manage a football team.

If I were Chip, I know whose number I would be punching in right now. Heck, I'd go as far as offering him an ownership percentage if he'd come to St. Louis to run the team. Of course, I'd make sure that he would be given the authority to hire and fire coaching staff, as well as give him the opportunity to teach if he sees fit.

How much will it cost to hire this football person?

Well, I'm sure we can beat the NFL Network's offer -

HIRE MARSHALL NOW!!!

eldfan is offline Registered User

Re: Time Has Come TODAY!

"But - as a whole, we will not be a respected team until we get rid of the management and get some people in there that A) know football; and B) know how to manage a football team."

Agree we can't let management off the hook it do start at top that has to change.
    :ramlogo:

Truth is offline Registered User

RFS, you're really making a huge assumption about the level of involvement that Chip or his sister have. I believe they have about as much desire to run this team, or be involved in the running of this team as Georgia did...NONE.

I've been saying this team needed new ownership since about 1980. After a Superbowl year, we traded away most of the guys that got us there. A sale just might happen now. Let's all hope.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

What you really need is a hands on Owner of the Rams. Someone who takes pride in the teams conduct on the field (and off). Right now there is divided ownership of the team, too many chiefs, not enough...sorry I know, not PC, but you get the idea.

But at least for now we all can be thankful that the current owner isn't Al Davis--the single biggest reason why the Raiders are pathetically worst then the Rams...or the Red skins owner--too much ego, too little football knowledge--like Jerry Jones

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Sell it to Marshall Faulk. I'm sure he'd be more than honored to run the team he retired for. That would be pretty nice. He'd bring in alot of publicity and would do something right for this team.

MARSHALL FOR OWNER!!!!!!

skelley is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post
    Chip Rosenbloom can't be blind to what is happening to his team, nor can his sister. I wish I knew what was being said by them about the team performance last Sunday. I wonder how sore Shaw's and Zygmunt's rear ends are, and Scotty's rear end, too.

Most of all, I wonder why they haven't done anything about it yet. As a fellow poster so clearly stated, you can't get billions of dollars for a losing team. This means one of two things - either they don't want to sell the team, or they aren't sure what needs to be done to fix it. (BTW, I'm sure there are many more reasons, I just thought of three more while typing that sentence!)

I've said this before, and I will say it again: You can't polish a turd.

No matter who you hire to coach the Rams, no matter who our OC and DC are, unless they have the authority to do their jobs without interference, the Rams will stink up the place.

Don't get me wrong: I am not saying we are going 0-16. I still say we can go 8-8 IF the team gets their stuff together.

But - as a whole, we will not be a respected team until we get rid of the management and get some people in there that A) know football; and B) know how to manage a football team.

If I were Chip, I know whose number I would be punching in right now. Heck, I'd go as far as offering him an ownership percentage if he'd come to St. Louis to run the team. Of course, I'd make sure that he would be given the authority to hire and fire coaching staff, as well as give him the opportunity to teach if he sees fit.

How much will it cost to hire this football person?

Well, I'm sure we can beat the NFL Network's offer -

HIRE MARSHALL NOW!!!
    I doubt any of them are feeling heat besides Linny.

And bull**** you can't get hundreds of millions for a crap NFL team.

The Rams need so much talent it can over come the same road block it has come by ever since that dead ***** took over...............people who know NOTHING about the game run this team.

I hope the team sells. Good ownership can do wonders for a team. If they move, they move.