View Poll Results: What to do in light of Avery's injury?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sign V. Jackson as our #1 receiver?

26 39.39%
  • Sign another player?

16 24.24%
  • Dont do anything rash, wait it out until the next draft.

19 28.79%
  • Our receiving corps is fine the way it is... what are you all talking about?

5 7.58%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

Re: Time to Make the Jump!!!!

Lets see, Westbrook reportedly took LESS MONEY to play with a better club. So everyone here ASSumes VJax would even WANT to play for the Rams? Players of his caliber generally want to play for a CONTENDER...not a REBUILDER. This club has something to prove before they can start thinking big name, established stars want to play here. Nobody needs a disgruntled primadonna on the roster.

"You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

I love how everyone is calling Vincent Jackson a "primma dona" ..... why just because he wants money? I understand it could be a concern but c'mon.... he feels hes getting underpaid for his production from last season and makes total sense. The guy looks like a humble guy besides his 2 DUI's....

Do you guys remember 2006 (I believe) when Mr. SJ39 was holding out for a new contract? Does that make Steven a "primma donna"....no he deserved a lot more money than he was making so he did what he had to do.

It only makes total sense to go for VJAX. We passed on Anquan Boldin, Brandon Marshall, and now Vincent Jackson? Thats 3 pro bowl WR's..... AND WERE COMPLAINING ABOUT NOT BEING ABLE TO GET A #1 WR? Is this a joke?.....

I may be angry only because of my bad mood but c'mon

macrammer is offline Registered User

We are who we are. Why go after a big name this year? What difference is it going to make THIS YEAR? We will hopefully win a few more games then last year, show marked improvement across the board and then go after someone as we continue to upgrade. Bringing in a receiver like Jackson, with an overinflated sense of worth, is just not goig to make a difference to us this year.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

How about no, no, no, and no, and no, and no, and hell no ...

We don't need this primadonna ...

He's a primadonna because he's threatening to sit out the ENTIRE SEASON over money ...

Jackson has 198 catches in his career, never had more than 1167 yards in a season, and only 25 TD's total ...

Amazing that after three seasons in the league, Jackson, a 2nd round pick, had 71 catches for 1137 yards, and 9 TD's, and now he is the next coming of Jesus in the receiver world, yet Donnie Avery is considered a bust by many?
    Last edited by RamsInfiniti; -08-30-2010 at 11:19 AM.

BIG-BLUE is offline Registered User

Not that I dislike V-Jax, but I just don't want to get tied up with a player who is suspended the 1st 3 games & maybe more & asking for a huge contract, that will also cost us a draft pick or 2. It just doesn't look like a big enough return on the investment.
    I would much rather we bring along what we have & or find a player being cut in the next week & then draft a stud & or pick up a FA next year. (if there is a next year)

swatter555 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by chucknbob View Post
    Avery wasn't a #1 receiver before he got hurt. We should have been searching for a #1 all along. I don't think we should wait and see who gets cut, I doubt we would find anyone much better than we've already got now.

We need to go out and find a receiver who can walk right in and be a playmaker. If that person is Vjax, so be it. If it's not, we need to get out the checkbook and keep looking.
    I agree, it has been clear for awhile that Avery wasn't anything special.

I read an article on NFL.com that said the Vincent Jackson is normally low-key both on and off the field, that is a good sign to me. At the same time, I wouldn't want to pay him 8 million a year.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

I would follow the Branden Marshall model for acquiring V Jax, two second round picks and about 4 years, 47 million dollars.

I'm an optimist, and I'm not buying the statement a lot of people are throwing around that we have to be one of the worst teams in the league this year. Sure if we sit pat and do nothing, we can draft A.J. Green or Julio Jones next year, but I for one do not want to wait.

VJax is proven, Aj and Julio have not played a down in the NFL, I would much rather pay Jackson 47 mil than a rookie wide receiver. Sure two second round picks is a lot, but you have to give up something for a top receiver.

Why couldn't a Rams team with Vincent Jackson compete? We have our QB, our Pro Bowl running back (who won't be around forever guys), a solid o line, a TE who looks the part (granted the sample size isn't that large), and plenty of number 2 and number 3 receivers. That has the makings of a pretty potent offense. Add to the fact that our defense would be energized by actually playing with a lead and staying off the field, we could be talking about a NFC West title.

So yes, lets be bold Mr. Devaney, lets shell out the money Mr. Kronke, lets concoct some exotic blitzes Mr. Spagnuolo, lets throw the ball past ten yards Mr. Shurmer, and LETS MAKE THE JUMP AND GET BACK TO THE PLAYOFFS ST LOUIS!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12