Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Question Time To Open That Big Can Of Worms !

Who would you rather have at QB right now MB OR KW ?

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

Re: Time To Open That Big Can Of Worms !

Mark Bulger!

Forget the can of worms.... Lets open a can of whip ass.
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

txramsfan is offline Registered User

If I could have the Warner from 1999-2001 I'd take Warner but that QB is long gone. Now, I'll take Bulger

RDU
    RDU is offline Registered User

Marc Bulger.....easily

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

From 2002 forward......Bulger, hands down
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

sbramfan is offline Registered User

Forgive me as I digress, but will get around to the point eventually....

Every time the Rams lose and I have a bad week (i.e. RIGHT NOW!) I always find myself wondering why I allow so much of my own happiness to be determined by whether or not a bunch of guys I don't even now, win or lose at this game that is their job, where they make millions of dollars. And what have the "Rams" ever done for me. They don't even know me.

The NFL is a great form of entertainment, but I (and probably many of you) don't watch for entertainment, I live and die by every moment of every rams game, every sunday.

And this has gone on for 25 years, most of which seasons were filled with high hopes, but quickly turned to "same old Rams" after the first 5 or 6 weeks of the season.

So for me, sometimes the question of whether the Rams should have kept Kurt Warner or switch to Marc Bulger comes down to more than just who is the better QB or who would be the better QB in the long term.

Teams are identified with their franchise QB. The niiners had Joe Montana, the Bronco's had John Elway, and the Packers have Brett Favre.

For me, the Rams had Kurt Warner. And I'm sure a lot of Packer fans would tell you that if they could go back during the Brett Favre era and win a few more games, or even possibly win 1 more superbowl with one of the backups if they had just sold out their team leader when he had a bad year, or was playing poorly through a hand injury, they wouldn't trade their memories for a second.

I realize I'm not exactly comparing apples to apples, but as a fan, this is my perspective. Adding to my frustration is that we haven't done anything since Warner left, and very likely if we don't do anything this year (not getting negative here, just stating the facts) we could be somewhat rebuilding for the next few years.

So I would have preferred that, to date, we just stuck with the old guy with the bad hand and seen where it took us.

...but since we didn't, I hope we win HUGE this week.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

gotta go with bulger, i love what warner did for us but that time period is over.

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

I definitely have to go with Marc Bulger of 2005 over Kurt Warner of 2005.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Wait, can I have any QB in any time period?

Wow!

I'll take the 1982 version of Dan Fouts.

Tailgage-Mayor is offline Registered User

Bulger.

I'm guessing many of you are like me. After a Rams loss I really don't feel better until about Thursday.

The loss to SFO really hurt. Expecially since I had a business trip to SFO this week and all my co-workers get the opportunity to raz me all week.

A loss next week in PHX would cause an uproar with the fans. KW and the temprature worry me. Did you notice how the OL was sucking it up at the end of the SFO game? If it was a warmer day some of the OL would not have made it through the game.

Deep breath, it's only the first week, keep the faith.

Sorry if I got a little off topic.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Forgive me as I digress, but will get around to the point eventually....

Every time the Rams lose and I have a bad week (i.e. RIGHT NOW!) I always find myself wondering why I allow so much of my own happiness to be determined by whether or not a bunch of guys I don't even now, win or lose at this game that is their job, where they make millions of dollars. And what have the "Rams" ever done for me. They don't even know me.

The NFL is a great form of entertainment, but I (and probably many of you) don't watch for entertainment, I live and die by every moment of every rams game, every sunday.

And this has gone on for 25 years, most of which seasons were filled with high hopes, but quickly turned to "same old Rams" after the first 5 or 6 weeks of the season.

So for me, sometimes the question of whether the Rams should have kept Kurt Warner or switch to Marc Bulger comes down to more than just who is the better QB or who would be the better QB in the long term.

Teams are identified with their franchise QB. The niiners had Joe Montana, the Bronco's had John Elway, and the Packers have Brett Favre.

For me, the Rams had Kurt Warner. And I'm sure a lot of Packer fans would tell you that if they could go back during the Brett Favre era and win a few more games, or even possibly win 1 more superbowl with one of the backups if they had just sold out their team leader when he had a bad year, or was playing poorly through a hand injury, they wouldn't trade their memories for a second.

I realize I'm not exactly comparing apples to apples, but as a fan, this is my perspective. Adding to my frustration is that we haven't done anything since Warner left, and very likely if we don't do anything this year (not getting negative here, just stating the facts) we could be somewhat rebuilding for the next few years.

So I would have preferred that, to date, we just stuck with the old guy with the bad hand and seen where it took us.

...but since we didn't, I hope we win HUGE this week.
    I could not have said that better myself sbramfan well put, you don't need to ask for forgiveness you are just saying what you believe. I have started to like Marc more and more, but still would have like to seen Warner have a shot at the hall as a Ram. He would have gotten the numbers over the years, to get in and he might have taken us back to the Promised Land.

I think we will get there soon with Marc, he has played well.

maineram is offline Registered User

I don't care who is the QB of the Rams as long as they play smart, within the system, keep turnovers to a minimum, and not fold under pressure.
    Whoever fits that criteria, I will support as my teams QB. Right now it is Bulger..tomorrow who knows, Fitzpatrick ???

Maineram -
    and out of the ashes rise ...The Breakfast Club !

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by psycho9985
    Mark Bulger!

Forget the can of worms.... Lets open a can of whip ass.
    Agree 100%
    RamsFan16

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    If I could have the Warner from 1999-2001 I'd take Warner but that QB is long gone. Now, I'll take Bulger
    Tx and myself have argued on this topic several times,but this is exactly what I think also!
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    Wait, can I have any QB in any time period?

Wow!

I'll take the 1982 version of Dan Fouts.
    Love to see the spirit of a good laugh! Even though Fouts was no laughing matter, Av has got sense of humor back. Must have been the offseason!:tongue:
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast