RamWraith is offline Registered User

Time to sit the kid

I think Fitz needs to take the bench again. But, not for reasons some of you think. He needs to sit to keep his confidence in check. He has had a couple of real rough games and I don't want to see this kid mentally wrecked before he even starts his career. Fitz has so many tools. His pocket presence is awesome. He has a great arm and seems to be a leader out there. He just needs to grow a little in his decision making and allow the game to slow down. He has shown he might be great, lets not Tony Banks him before he gets out of the gate.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: Time to sit the kid

I say let him play out. The Eagles are banged up, the whiners would be next, but the Cowboys could be a potential killer for him. I'm on the fence on this one.

UnderdogRam Guest

I disagree. He needs time to learn. This is the perfect time to get playing experience and a feel for an NFL game. He might get this opportunity next season. Leave him in there until the end of the season.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith
    I think Fitz needs to take the bench again. But, not for reasons some of you think. He needs to sit to keep his confidence in check. He has had a couple of real rough games and I don't want to see this kid mentally wrecked before he even starts his career. Fitz has so many tools. His pocket presence is awesome. He has a great arm and seems to be a leader out there. He just needs to grow a little in his decision making and allow the game to slow down. He has shown he might be great, lets not Tony Banks him before he gets out of the gate.
    I would hope that the coaching staff will continue to go with Fitz as the starter. I think Fitz is mentally tougher than Banks ever was -- is he? That is one of the reasons to leave him in -- the Rams need to find out for sure. Trial by fire may get you burned, but the lessons are not easily forgotten. Now is the time for Fitz to show his stuff ... and find out if he's got what it takes. It's not like he's going to blow our Super Bowl chances this year. GO GET EM KID!!!!!

general counsel is offline Registered User

I vote let him play. one of the keys to being a professional is learning through adversity. sure, times are tough, but if he cant handle it mentally, what does that say about his long range potential. I would understand the point if these were must win games, but there is no better way to let him develop than let him play. Remember, this is about whether he can be a Backup, not a starter next year. This experience will be invaluable to him and to us from a personnel assessment standpoint and he is certainly a lot more intellegent than ryan leaf.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

The only reason to sit him at this point would be if the team thinks he is losing confidence by playing and making mistakes. From his quotes, that does not seem to be his personality, but the coaches have the best handle on this.

Playing Martin at this point serves no purpose, as I doubt he'll be back next year.

bruce_wannabe Guest

bulger is pretty much done for the year so lets see the kid develop

Tailgage-Mayor Guest

B makes a good point.

Remember Rick Ankiel

OldRamsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel
    I vote let him play. one of the keys to being a professional is learning through adversity. sure, times are tough, but if he cant handle it mentally, what does that say about his long range potential. I would understand the point if these were must win games, but there is no better way to let him develop than let him play. Remember, this is about whether he can be a Backup, not a starter next year. This experience will be invaluable to him and to us from a personnel assessment standpoint and he is certainly a lot more intellegent than ryan leaf.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    I see your point but I think that G.C. right on this ... He has to go thru this , No QB as come in the league and not gone thru growing pains ...

CanadianRam! Guest

put in whoever gives you the highest chance of winning
    i dont care if they get bad position for the draft

JUST WIN THE NEXT THREE!!