Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Frito Guest

Time to Start Rebuilding

You just won the lottery and decided that you love "The Rams" so much that you will buy the team and save this historic franchise from the debacle it is now becoming.

As new owner of "THE RAMS" what would you do first? Lets hear some realistic or not so-realistic solutions.

I think all of us would replace the front office. That's a given. ( I just know I would want M. Faulk to be a part of it. My advisor maybe yeah, yeah...)

I think we all would agree Linehan must go... so try to think of who you would like to run the club. ( I just know he would have a Physical Team Mentality I can't think of anyone particular thats available.)

What would be your strategy for rebuilding? ( I just know it takes lines that compete but, it doesnt even start without good OL play so my philosphy is to build a Dominant OL / Make this S.Jacksons team. GSOT days are over but, of course I wouldnt interfere with the coaches...)

What players would you keep and who is trade bait? If you think we have anyone of value. ( Keep Bulger, S.Jackson, Witherspoon, C.Long, Carriker, Atogwe and, I would use Holt, Little and Pace to gain picks or to make personnel trades. Just maybe other teams will think they can be rejuvenated on another squad. I'm sure Carolina will jump on Holt. I'd mention others like Pisa but I don't think he has value Tye Hill may have value if others think he got skills and its just bad coaching)
    Last edited by Frito; -09-14-2008 at 11:36 PM.

jkramsfan Guest

Re: Time to Start Rebuilding

I would keep the gatorade bucket attendent,he does a good job and also the guy who tapes the ankles,I don't believe we had any injuries today.I would also keep the cheerleaders they do pretty well also.I'm kidding around but good post and question.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

well i cant see us getting Bill Cowher so lets have a look at who has coached under him...after all the best coaches breed other good coaches e.g. Parcells-Belichick,Payton,Fox,Crennell etc...Bill Walsh-Holmgren etc...

Ken Wisenhunt shows that Bill Cowher can produce the seedlings that flourish when set out on they own..

ladies and gentleman our new Head coach will be..

*drum roll*

Russ Grimm! a fierce warrior on the field...will have learnt if not all, then virtually all that Cowher knows, would command respect from the team and be a guru to the O-line having been an important member of "the Hogs",one of the greatest O-lines in NFL history!

Jerry Gray to take over our D and sort out our secondary...
    Last edited by Ramblin` Ram; -09-14-2008 at 10:25 PM.

jkramsfan Guest

OK. I can live with that.

moloch41 Guest

Fire Haslett- this isn't a new coordinator introducing a system to a bunch of new players- he's been here for two seasons and two games and our defense is a freakin' joke. I have no idea what he's trying to do.

makersncoke is offline Registered User

I would say that i would persue Jimmy Johnson and Marshall Faulk to manage my daily operations of the team, then lure Pete away from USC to coach the team if not him then Cowher. If we had the 1st pick in the draft I would go for Tim Tebow or Chase Daniel, then bring Hanifan back to get the O-line whipped into shape and then in the offseason if the Ravens don't tender an offer to him I would sign Ray Lewis to bring a motivator to the D-side of the ball. Give Jack$son 1 more year to see what he has behind an improved O-line and if he didn't produce get the best back in the draft of 2010.

moloch41 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ramblin` Ram View Post
    Ken Wisenhunt shows that Bill Cowher can produce the seedlings that flourish when set out on they own..

And Jim Haslett has shown that they can't.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Well, we are solide at both kicker and punter.

On offense:
    1) we encourage Pace to retire (which frees up some money).
    2) we start to see what these new OL rookies can do (since everyone is high them)
    3) You have to release Dane Looker (since he's not our main holder anymore he's expendable & Dante Hall
    4) Completely retool the OL
    5) Once again we look for OL and wide reciever depth in the draft (or finally grab a tall WR with speed (in my opinion we picked the wrong WR this year) as well as a quarterback for the future (come on Tim Tebow)!!!
    -We keep Bulger, Jackson, Holt, our TE's, RB's, Barron (I can't believe I said that), Bell, and the young wideouts.

On Defense (Lord Jesus):
    1) We get in the Lito Sheppard Sweepstakes (can I get an amen)!
    2) We cut Little, Glover, and Chavous (or use them for trade bait along with Pisa he's a shell of himself). We also cut Tye Hill. It is time to retool the defense.
    3) Ask Carriker to loose weight, he's lost speed and quickness as he's gotten bigger (he was more productive last year & able to play DE on occassion; he's less versatile now).
    4) We draft a SS for the future & to replace Chavous.
    -You keep Long, Carriker, Witherspoon, as your main crew along with Atogwe.
    Last edited by ManofGod; -09-14-2008 at 11:22 PM.

moloch41 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ManofGod View Post
    2) We cut Little, Glover, and Chavous (or use them for trade bait along with Pisa he's a shell of himself).

Do you really think we could get more than an empty Gatorade cooler and some used cups for them?

P.S.

His name is Barron, not Barton- although with his play, I don't think it really matters

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by moloch41 View Post
    And Jim Haslett has shown that they can't.

to qualify that something or someone can,it only needs to be shown once....

e.g. Bill Cowher can coach a team to a SB win... does the fact that every other season he coudln`t mean that he cant?

i win!!!

moloch41 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ramblin` Ram View Post
    to qualify that something or someone can,it only needs to be shown once....

e.g. Bill Cowher can coach a team to a SB win... does the fact that every other season he coudln`t mean that he cant?

i win!!!
    No, but it certainly diminishes the odds!!!

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by moloch41 View Post
    Do you really think we could get more than an empty Gatorade cooler and some used cups for them?

P.S.

His name is Barron, not Barton- although with his play, I don't think it really matters
    Only 4 Pisa maybe along with a draft pick (I mean its not like we would use the pick on the right player anyway).
    Last edited by ManofGod; -09-14-2008 at 11:27 PM.

Truth is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ManofGod View Post
    -We keep Bulger, Jackson, Holt, our TE's, RB's, Barron (I can't believe I said that), Bell, and the young wideouts.
    I'd keep Jackson. However, If I've truly given up the idea of winning with what I've got, I'd see what I could get for Holt from Carolina. Bulger would be on the block as well. If I'm re-building, it's unlikely Bulger will be of much use in the time it takes me to build a strong line. Besides, I need to fix the D line as well, and the D back field. This baby needs to be blown wide open.

As for staff...I'd be at Cowher's door with checkbook in hand. I've never liked the coach/gm thing. But if that's what it takes to get Cowher on board, I'd be willing to give it a shot.
    Last edited by Truth; -09-15-2008 at 12:28 AM.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

sig51 Guest

I agree whatever it takes to get Cowher in the Blue and Gold. I agree this needs to be blown wide open, get rid of holt, ask pace to take a pay cut, if he wont scrap him. Keep Carriker, Long, Atowge and Witherspoon and scrap the rest of the defense. Same with the offensive line and receiving corp.

And as for the front office, get rid of them. I mean look at the draft, we had a shot at getting the first receiver and we take a guy projected to go in the 3-4rd, and in the 3rd we had a shot to take Dan Connor a 2nd round guy. Its crap.

Mooselini Guest

What I would do...

For the front office. Clear EVEYRONE but Devaney and Saunders. These two stay, everyone else goes.

Re-tool the defense.
    - New DE
    - New LB for Pisa's spot
    - New Safety, Three new CB's

Rebuild the offense.
    - New OL. Replace Pace, Center and Incognito.
    - Depending on how Avery and Burton come along, either get a new #2 receiver, or give it to one of them.
    - Build the team around Steven Jackson
    - New fullback.

Finally, something that may seem weird, but allow the fans to put input on team decisions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast