Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it time yet?

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Is it time yet?

Is it time yet to dust off and start up the rams bandwagon? Maybe take it around the block once or twice.

Reason for saying this is... I really have a lot of hope for this season. I'm thinkin this could be the year we get it together enough to make it into the playoffs again maybe just maybe. Was anyone thinking superbowl going into the 99 season, probally not but we did. So why not make the playoffs this year? I don't see why we couldn't. Despite what everyone thinks I really think we could of at least had a 8 win season last year but we were a few mistakes away from that.

Did anyone watch the vikings game? I was there, had it not been for us having three redzone turnovers plus a fumble recovery to td by jared allen we would of won that game.

Steven jackson is a hoss he is imo the best back in the league right now bar none. Name one back better in the league now and I bet u have a hard time. I have a feeling that bradford is a lot better than we may think because the rams have been tryin to keep it hush hush on exactly how good he is. I think with sj39 being behind sam bradford this year I believe we will make a run for the playoffs this year.

We aren't near as bad as everyone might think. You could tell just by lookin at the play of the defense it was better than previous years and will improve this year. Really we should of beat the saints to and they went onto win the superbowl. So that's the vikings and saints we competed decent against and they are at the top of the nfc. So what does everyone else think?

lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.

Re: Is it time yet?

Say,,,, I think your exactly right. Time to get all fired up!!!!!!!!!!

mikhal5569 is offline Registered User

My friend, the Rams are nowhere near close to sniffing a playoff spot in this division. I know this was long time considered to be the biggest joke in all of the divisions, but not anymore.
    Arizona will still be good even without Warner. Seattle has some good players left despite a very old roster.
    The niners have a lot of young talent and or headed in the right direction.
    I think that we are under rated, but people fail to realize it's not a young rookie QB or a star running back that makes a team great it's the TEAM.
    Our players need a lot of time to develop. It will will be a victory if they win six games this year.

Quote Originally Posted by mikhal5569 View Post
    My friend, the Rams are nowhere near close to sniffing a playoff spot in this division. I know this was long time considered to be the biggest joke in all of the divisions, but not anymore.
    Arizona will still be good even without Warner. Seattle has some good players left despite a very old roster.
    The niners have a lot of young talent and or headed in the right direction.
    I think that we are under rated, but people fail to realize it's not a young rookie QB or a star running back that makes a team great it's the TEAM.
    Our players need a lot of time to develop. It will will be a victory if they win six games this year.
    Point taken...but. arizona is going to be no where near what it was they have lost their general lienart doesn't have it to take that team anywhere. Seattle has a rookie (to their franchise) head coach so they are in transition. The niners seems to be the only threat I see and that's IF alex smith does something this year.

It does take a team but that's what we have. We have a strong mlb in james with two new starting linebackers, ball hawk in oj and our corners should show improvement this year along with every other position on defense I think will be better. Our defense is gonna be stout this year, I wouldn't be surprised at all in a top 15 defense this year.

Our offense has a general now to lead them in the right direction. Our o-line is hopefully improved by addition by subtraction. Our recievers should show improvent this year with robinson comin back and gillyard drafted. And sj39 is gonna do his thing like always. So what I'm getting at is I do see a team here. And a darn good one at that, hopefully

lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by sjacksonrules View Post
    Point taken...but. arizona is going to be no where near what it was they have lost their general lienart doesn't have it to take that team anywhere. Seattle has a rookie (to their franchise) head coach so they are in transition. The niners seems to be the only threat I see and that's IF alex smith does something this year.

It does take a team but that's what we have. We have a strong mlb in james with two new starting linebackers, ball hawk in oj and our corners should show improvement this year along with every other position on defense I think will be better. Our defense is gonna be stout this year, I wouldn't be surprised at all in a top 15 defense this year.

Our offense has a general now to lead them in the right direction. Our o-line is hopefully improved by addition by subtraction. Our recievers should show improvent this year with robinson comin back and gillyard drafted. And sj39 is gonna do his thing like always. So what I'm getting at is I do see a team here. And a darn good one at that, hopefully
    You left out that we signed Atogwe and Bobby Chainsaw Carpenter. Otherwise I agree with everything you wrote!

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

I really think the rams can be a contender with the improvement of players. Like really, imagine only 1 of our what 6 recievers with crazy potential pan out? We have a good passing game.

Our Oline is much better than people give credit for. Steven Jackson is the best back in the league no thought about it. And our defense is looking really good.

With James Laurinaitis manning the defense, we look pretty impressive. Our 2 new OLB's Na'ill Diggs, and Bobby Carpenter will add to the defense. Our secondary is still looking decent with a healthy Ronald Bartell, Bradley Fletcher, O.J Atogwe. Also the addition of Jerome Murphy and the presence of James Butler looks to be a pretty good Secondary.

Our D line is pretty good as well. I love Cliff Ryan, he is a rising star. Also with Fred Robbins clogging the holes and stopping the run we commit more men in the pass. Only if Chris Long pans out and does his part we will destroy it. Also with our new DE's we have crazy potential there. From George Selvie, Eugene Sims, Hall Davis we expect a decent player and if we get that, WE WILL BE A TEAM TO BE SCARED OF.

GO RAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only if our players play to potential, we will be a dominant team.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Hope springs eternal, my young friend.

Having said that.......yea, I'm afraid we are as bad as they say. Moving in the right direction? Absolutely. The '10 team will be better than any team since '06. But a rookie QB is not going to lead a roster this devoid of talent to the promised land.

However, having said THAT.....all it takes is a couple of friendly bounces to turn a 1-15 team into a 6, 7, even 8 win team.

Hope springs eternal, my young friend.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Dominating D is offline Registered User

Im ready to jump on. I really do feel that this years defense and a good running game will allow the Rams to compete in the division.

This team is ready to move up a notch. The Rams will compete and honestly I feel they have a chance in this division. The only team that I fear in the division and I really hate to say it is the whinners. Arizona lost too many key players and Seattle is old and has line issues. The Rams can be the big surprise this year in the WEST. I really like our schedule.

Go Rams
    Last edited by Dominating D; -07-08-2010 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lordwhttgr View Post
    You left out that we signed Atogwe and Bobby Chainsaw Carpenter. Otherwise I agree with everything you wrote!
    Hey thanks for agreeing with me glad to see I'm not alone. But I did mention oj as being a ball hawk and that james had two new starting linebackers with him.

Hubison I repect ur opinion but I really have to disagree with u. I really don't think we are THAT devoid on talent to goto the playoffs or at least be a contender for it. Of course a rookie qb isn't gonna be the only cog that gets the wheels movin. But I do think this team does have enough players on it to be good this year.

And sosa ur spot on! Glad to see some other rams fans with a good attitude towards the 2010 rams.

Edit: gonna have to agree with u dominating d. With sammy and sj39 I think our offense is gonna be much improved.
    Last edited by sjacksonrules; -07-08-2010 at 09:43 AM.

shower beers is offline Registered User

It seems like we have a good foundation in place, but these players are all very young. We have a rookie and near rookie bookend tackles, rookie quarterback, a group of very young receivers, and a whole bunch of youngsters on the other side of the ball. They need a couple of years to grow together, and as players, before we can realistically start making comparisons to 1999. We had a lot more polished pieces in place back then.

rams_man13 is offline Registered User

4-12 this year... we still don't have the talent to break even.

I think another draft picking high up will do wonders for the team. Bring in a stud DE or WR and build the team up again.

Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

All I will say is this.

We don't know if we're devoid of talent..or brimming with it. We won't know what we have until a few games into the season. Who knows what will click in some of these young guy's heads? Who knows what a change of scenery and a "scheme fit" will do for the former first rounder Bob Carpenter? Will the super smart and talented Bradford get it sooner or later?

It is proven to be unwise to deal in absolutes when concerning players in the NFL. You never know who relapses or who takes off in any given year.

The 2010 Rams are about as unknown a quantity as is in the NFL. Playoffs aren't impossible and neither is a 2 win season.

For my money I expect us to definetely surprise people and pull off a few upsets. As bad as last year's team was and as much injuries as we limped through.....how many games we decided by a touchdown or less?

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I'm always on the bandwagon regardless of our won/loss record. As long as our team is giving it their all I'm a happy guy. Big time effort with a few lucky bounces and yes I could see us winning more games than some of us expect. (Myself included)

I will say this though, "As a die-hard RAMS fan it's very easy to overrate our individual players and team as a whole". I've been guilty of this many many times in the past.

GO RAMS!!!!!

KoaKoi is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sjacksonrules View Post
    Is it time yet to dust off and start up the rams bandwagon? Maybe take it around the block once or twice.

Reason for saying this is... I really have a lot of hope for this season. I'm thinkin this could be the year we get it together enough to make it into the playoffs again maybe just maybe. Was anyone thinking superbowl going into the 99 season, probally not but we did. So why not make the playoffs this year? I don't see why we couldn't. Despite what everyone thinks I really think we could of at least had a 8 win season last year but we were a few mistakes away from that.

Did anyone watch the vikings game? I was there, had it not been for us having three redzone turnovers plus a fumble recovery to td by jared allen we would of won that game.

Steven jackson is a hoss he is imo the best back in the league right now bar none. Name one back better in the league now and I bet u have a hard time. I have a feeling that bradford is a lot better than we may think because the rams have been tryin to keep it hush hush on exactly how good he is. I think with sj39 being behind sam bradford this year I believe we will make a run for the playoffs this year.

We aren't near as bad as everyone might think. You could tell just by lookin at the play of the defense it was better than previous years and will improve this year. Really we should of beat the saints to and they went onto win the superbowl. So that's the vikings and saints we competed decent against and they are at the top of the nfc. So what does everyone else think?

i'm optimistic for this Rams team... but apparently not as optimistic as some. but that's cool. hope i'm wrong.

i was at the Vikings game too. And i watched the Saints game on the tele... But ALMOST beating those teams means nothing if the Rams go 0-2 against the ******, 0-2 against the Seachickens, and 0-2 against the cards again. if Rams don't start competing and getting W's in their own division, it won't matter how many other games they win or almost win.

Go Rams!

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

I appreciate reading the optimistic post. More than any other sport, football is a game where so many variables can completely change a team's fortune- for better or worse. From that standpoint, the Rams could surprise us all and be better than expected. The 1999-2000 Rams should have taught us that lesson a long time ago.

The schedule- at least on paper- is not terrible. But make no mistake; A LOT must happen for us to reach or get above .500. We must stay healthy. Guys that are being counted on must produce. The offensive line must improve. Sam Bradford must grow up in a hurry. The coaching staff must be daring and bold in their playcalling.

As a competitor and a passionate fan, I want to win every game. As a realist, I know we have some very real obstacles to overcome and a playoff spot is unlikely.

One thing is for certain: A two or three win season is unacceptable this year and there is absolutely no excuse to not win a couple of divisional games as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast