general counsel is offline Registered User

Timing on isaac bruce

Does anyone have any sense on when the rams will begin discussions with rev ike. I would think that they would want this wrapped up by march 1 so as to ensure maximum cap flexibility for the free agent period.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

psycho9985 Guest

Re: Timing on isaac bruce

You know G.C. We always speculate on the Rev. But there is never any news on his cap affecting the team.I sometimes wonder if ole Ike is in hands off status.

At 11 million in 2006 something has to give. I think the fact that we paid him 10 mill under the cap last year without asking him to renegotiate was in material part a function of what he has done historically for the team.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

bigredman Guest

Realistically, Bruce is on the downhill of his career (something that showed up this past year), and if the front office doesn't address his salary cap hit this year and renegotiate, is simply irresponsible. What if Bruce and his agent balk at a renegotiated contract? Then I say cut him....I love the guy....but the team comes first.

OldRamsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel
    At 11 million in 2006 something has to give. I think the fact that we paid him 10 mill under the cap last year without asking him to renegotiate was in material part a function of what he has done historically for the team.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    I totally agree "GC" I have alot of FAV's and Bruce is one of them that is at the top of the list

Bruce=GOAT is offline Registered User

Although my name lists me as an Isaac Bruce homer, I feel as though he should be kept on the Rams for as long as he wishes. I am an extremely die-hard Rams fan and Ike is my all time favorite player which probably shows my age of 28.

I am all about decisions that better the team and was even glad when Warner was cut, but feel that Faulk and Bruce are the identity of the STL Rams and should be allowed to play as long as they please.

majorram is offline Registered User

I just have a feeling that Bruce will remain with the team, some how he will have an extension to his contrat and will retire a Ram!!!

steve:clanram:
    "The breakfast Club"

I dont believe that anyone is saying that he should be off the team, but there has to be a correlation between value added and salary cap allocated. I am as big an ike fan as anyone, but i cant say that he is worth between 1/8 and 1/9 of the TOTAL cap dollars the rams have to spend. We have to field a 53 man roster. We all hope that a reasonable compromise can be worked out for both parties.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Ike has never been "it's all about me" kind of guy... I would be astonished if he balked when asked to restructure. Ike wants to win, and he still wants to play. He has been in the game long enough to realize that the Rams need more talent if they want to return to their former prominence .. and .. he is in a position to help by freeing up some more dollars..

Ike will restrucutre, that really isnt the question. The issue is how much will he restructure and how much are the rams willing to pay him. A lot of that depends on how much the rams believe in curtis.

ramming speed to all

general counsel