RamWraith is offline Registered User

Timmerman seeks answer

By Jim Thomas
    ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
    02/22/2007

Over the past eight seasons in St. Louis, offensive lineman Adam Timmerman has started all but four games for the Rams. But Timmerman, a two-time Pro Bowler at right guard, is wondering if his time in St. Louis is over.

"I hope to hear a definitive answer soon," Timmerman said Wednesday. "The sooner the better. You want to be prepared to move on to another team if they make the decision that they don't want you."

Timmerman and his agent are confident there will be a market for his services if he's released by the Rams. Timmerman missed all but one play during the last three games of 2006 because of three cracked ribs. But he did not need surgery this offseason for the first time in a few years and is healthier than he has been in a while.

"I guess I can't control what Mr. (Scott) Linehan decides," Timmerman said. "The feedback that I got from him during the season was that I was playing well and playing winning football.

"I think the people in the organization from the top down John (Shaw), Jay (Zygmunt), Charley (Armey), really everybody in the building I've always been treated with respect from them over the years. I'd definitely like to continue playing with the Rams and finish my career here."

Timmerman, 35, noted that his cracked ribs were more of a matter of a fluke play than a sign of advancing age. He suffered the injury when running back Steven Jackson accidentally slammed into Timmerman's side on a flare pass Nov. 19 against Carolina.

The injury ended a streak of 184 consecutive regular-season games, and 204 consecutive regular-season and playoff contests, for Timmerman.

He is scheduled to earn $2.2 million in base salary next season, plus a $200,000 roster bonus due March 4. But salary cap considerations aren't really a major issue because the Rams are $22.9 million under the cap, according to the latest NFL Players Association figures.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Re: Timmerman seeks answer

Well, I can't see him replacing Cog, and McCollum is needed because the jury is still out on Bromberg. It would be nice to have him as a back up, but I don't think he would except that.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

keith m. klink Guest

Re: Timmerman seeks answer

if the rams would pay him that kind of money as a reserve or shift player, i think the would be foolish not to keep him, as a player , a veteran lockerroom goodguy, a mentor tothe younger guy's, he should stay and play here. every year, someone on the line gets hurt, why not keep a guy who is known and knows the players and system, then find someone new and save 500,000 dollars. which is toilet paper to the rams as far as money goes. i think it would be a mistake to let him leave, as long as he is o.k. with being a sub. i'd rather have a 35 year old timmerman than a 24 year old claude terrell.