RamWraith is offline Registered User

Tinoisamoa Voted Rams' Ed Block Courage Award Winner

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

LB Pisa Tinoisamoa has been named the Ramsí winner of the Ed Block Courage Award.

Tinoisamoa, who led the Rams in tackles in his first three seasons, was placed on the reserve/injured list on Dec. 14, 2006.

The University of Hawaii product first dislocated his left elbow in Week 2 at San Francisco. After missing only two plays, Pisa returned to action after getting braced and taped to finish with four tackles (three solo). In Week 4 vs. Detroit, Tinoisamoa dislocated the same elbow again, finishing the game with six tackles (two solo) and his first sack of the season.

During practice for the Ramsí Week 6 contest vs. Seattle, Pisa sustained a broken right hand. He was able to play in the game, notching six tackles (three solo) and his second sack of the season, but missed the next two games.

In Week 13 vs. Arizona, Pisa dislocated his right shoulder, finishing the game with three tackles (two solo). After another three-tackle game vs. Chicago in Week 14, Tinoisamoa was placed on the reserve/injured list on Dec. 14. He has since undergone right shoulder surgery.

The Ed Block Courage Award is named in honor of Ed Block, the longtime head athletic trainer of the Baltimore Colts who was a pioneer in his profession and a respected humanitarian.

The Courage Award recipients embody everything that is positive about professional athletes as they serve as inspirations in their locker rooms and constructive role models in their communities. They are often players who have overcome devastating injuries or tragedies in their personal lives to return to the top level of competition that is the NFL. The Ed Block Courage Award has become one of the most esteemed honors bestowed upon a player in the NFL, primarily because his selection is based upon a vote of his peers.

EvilXenu is offline Registered User

Re: Tinoisamoa Voted Rams' Ed Block Courage Award Winner

Man, that Pisa needs to have some better luck next year staying healthy. At least he's a tough guy, though.
    And you thought Mike Martz was "mad"!

smizzhfx is offline Registered User

There are only 2 things that would survive a nuclear holocaust: the cockroach, and pisa tinoisoma.

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

Wow! Pisa has been going threw a lot of injuries, i knew he had injuries but not that many! He is one tough player. hopefully he stays healthy next season

BigDaddyPace is offline Registered User

He tough as nails, but I am starting to lose faith in his ability. This year is was tough to judge but next year he either needs to make a difference or go.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Well deserved award for Pisa. Truly a player with heart and desire.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyPace View Post
    He tough as nails, but I am starting to lose faith in his ability. This year is was tough to judge but next year he either needs to make a difference or go.
    you cant be serious

i think this season was his first in the league in which he didnt lead the team in tackles or something like that

81~BIG-GAME is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyPace View Post
    He signed a 5 year extension during the past season,so I don't think he will be going anytime soon.Hope he has an injury free '07,he deserves it and then he can show what a good player he is..:l

BigDaddyPace is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    you cant be serious

i think this season was his first in the league in which he didnt lead the team in tackles or something like that
    I honestly cant remember the last time he made a play.