Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: tired...

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

tired...

I'm really about to stop watching nfl network due to one guy in paticular fran charles he is not even really a anaylasis. He keeps saying we have to draft bradford to make a splash because we've drafted dline and its not worked out. Well I for one am not givin up on carraiker or long cause I think they both will eventually be a good nfl talent. I really don't think it has to be bradford to be a franchise qb u don't have to pick one in the first round ie tom brady, bulger, brees and I think favre was a second rd for atlanta but not sure bout that one you get the point though. If u look at a lot of the qbs in the first round they haven't worked out lienhart, smith, carr list goes on.. any thoughts?

SLSG is offline Registered User

Re: tired...

You have MUCH better odds picking a franchise type QB at the top of rd 1 than you do late in the draft, and it's not even close. Bradford has all the tools you want in a QB and then some. He will be a star in this league as long as he has an o-line to protect him.

And as long as his arm stays healthy which idk if its going to. It got injured twice pretty quickly in college last year and the guys are bigger and faster in the nfl.

dave626 is offline Registered User
    Blog Entries

I think Depsags will draft who THEY feel will help the team the most.I hope its Bradford but if they decide Suh is it, then our line would be a force with 3 1rst round picks on it.However what they do will have nothing to do with what the clowns at ESPN or any other station have to say about it.

Quote Originally Posted by dave626 View Post
    I think Depsags will draft who THEY feel will help the team the most.I hope its Bradford but if they decide Suh is it, then our line would be a force with 3 1rst round picks on it.However what they do will have nothing to do with what the clowns at ESPN or any other station have to say about it.
    My mouth drools at the possiblity of suh, carraker, long, and hall if we have that line right there I think someone better watch out cause that's some pretty good potential. I know we need to make a move at qb that's a fact. But if bradford will not be a manning, favre, marino, elway type of guy if he is just gonna be another qb then go with suh who is defentely number one potential. I just believe we can patch now at qb cause odds are even with bradford we are probally top five pick ie lions.

And fran charles on nfl network says it multiple times during the hour long show I like the show to keep up to date but no need to say carraker and long are bust cause their carrers aren't over long is just gettin started and carraker was injuired.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sjacksonrules View Post
    My mouth drools at the possiblity of suh, carraker, long, and hall if we have that line right there I think someone better watch out cause that's some pretty good potential. I know we need to make a move at qb that's a fact. But if bradford will not be a manning, favre, marino, elway type of guy if he is just gonna be another qb then go with suh who is defentely number one potential. I just believe we can patch now at qb cause odds are even with bradford we are probally top five pick ie lions.

And fran charles on nfl network says it multiple times during the hour long show I like the show to keep up to date but no need to say carraker and long are bust cause their carrers aren't over long is just gettin started and carraker was injuired.

I'm not saying Bradford is going to be the next Peyton Manning, but I predict he'll likely be a top 6 QB in 4-6 years. He'll be a solid starter in 2-3 years IMO. Just all speculation though. But he has all the tools to be that.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    I'm not saying Bradford is going to be the next Peyton Manning, but I predict he'll likely be a top 6 QB in 4-6 years. He'll be a solid starter in 2-3 years IMO. Just all speculation though. But he has all the tools to be that.
    If he is not the next manning then why draft him at the same position pick. He isn't viewed by all as the best qb in the draft.

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

Actually...he pretty much is.

TheRammer Guest

It's all opinion just likie everyone who posts here on the board and ever on NFL network no one knows don't get butt hurt

BEER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TheRammer View Post
    It's all opinion just likie everyone who posts here on the board and ever on NFL network no one knows don't get butt hurt
    "dont get butt hurt" that coming from "The Rammer". LOL.

CanadianRamsFan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sjacksonrules View Post
    If he is not the next manning then why draft him at the same position pick. He isn't viewed by all as the best qb in the draft.
    Suh isn't viewed by all as the best DT in the draft, what's your point?

rammiser is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by SLSG View Post
    You have MUCH better odds picking a franchise type QB at the top of rd 1 than you do late in the draft, and it's not even close. Bradford has all the tools you want in a QB and then some. He will be a star in this league as long as he has an o-line to protect him.
    I'm not really sure that I agree with this statement. I'll start in 2008 since the jury is still out on the guys from the guys from 2009. Remember your statement were that it's not even close. I'm gonna go through the qb's for the last several years and we will see the hit/bust difference between high and low picks.

2008-Decent year for two first rounders and a great year for an emerging 2nd rounder.

Matt Ryan-1st-Good pick solid starter
    Joe Flacco-1st-Good pick solid starter
    Chad Henne-2nd-Excellent value and solid starter

2007-None really from this year but the better performers were from lower rds. in the draft. Terrible draft class for qb's so far.

Jamarcus Russell-1st-Bust
    Brady Quinn-1st-Bust
    Kevin Kolb-2nd-May land starting job this year
    Trent Edwards-3rd-Has already been a starter but not a good qb but he's a 3rd rounder which takes the pain away if you miss on a qb.

Really only two guys have had success from this draft.

Vince Young-1st-solid last year but has had some serious growing pains.
    Matt Leinart-1st-Bust
    Jay Cutler-1st-One good year one horrendous year.

2005-Interseting year for qb's this draft was.

Alex Smith-1st-bust improved but not much
    Aaron Rodgers-1st-franchise qb for sure but waited 3 years to become one
    Jason Campbell-1st-not a bust but not a hit either
    Kyle Orton-4th-Nice value has been an average starter but he does start
    Derek Anderson-6th-Good value had one great year and 1 bad one but he played for the Browns, lets see what he can do on a talented team.
    Matt Cassell-7th-Great value and KC's starting qb, had a great year for New England.

2004-Great year for first rounders here.

Eli Manning-1st-Good qb Superbowl under his belt already.
    Phillip Rivers-1st-Great qb love this guy and his passion.
    Big Ben-1st-Great qb but turning into a head case lately
    J.P. Losman-1st-bust
    Matt Schaub-3rd-Great qb great value

2003-Not a great year for qb's here

Carson Palmer-1st-Good qb
    Byron Leftwich-1st-Ok qb but not a franchise guy
    Kyle Boller-1st-Bust
    Rex Grossman-1st-Bust

2002-Terrible just terrible

David Carr-1st-Bust
    Joey Harrington-1st-Bust
    Patrick Ramsey-1st-Bust
    David Garrard-4th-Great value and outplaying all three of the above.

2001-Well the lower rounds have the better qb in this draft

Mike Vick-1st-Was great but couldnt be smart ended up being released.
    Drew Brees-2nd-Great Value and great qb Superbowl Champ now.

2000-Pretty good draft for lower round qb's here

Chad Pennington-1st-Good qb but not franchise very comparible to Bulger.
    Marc Bulger-6th-Solid qb with good accuracy great value here
    Tom Brady-6th-Great qb and I can't stand him but excellent value

1999-Mixed bag here of hits and busts

Tim Couch-1st-Bust
    Donovan Mcnabb-1st-Hit great qb
    Akilli Smith-1st-Bust
    Daunte Culpepper-1st-Was very good untill Moss left
    Cade Mcknown-1st-Bust

1998-Manning vs Leaf lol

Peyton Manning-1st-Maybe best qb ever to play the game.
    Ryan Leaf-1st-Maybe the worst qb to ever play the game.
    Matt Hassellbeck-6th-Great value and solid starter

So Since 1998 there have been 14 qb's from the first round that have Had success in the NFL from great to average. Since 1998 there have been 15 busts who are either out of the league or just downright terrible right now. Since 1998 there have been 13 qb's drafted from rounds two through 7 that have been average to good for their respective teams. So as you can see it's not how you stated. In fact it is very close and almost even for that matter. So drafting a guy at the top of the draft guarantees you nothing. It's pretty much split down the middle for bad qb's and good qb's coming out of the first round since 1998. Some people don't like it when I call it a crap shoot but your chances to land a franchise qb appear to be 50/50.

Also since 1998 I would only consider 6 franchise qb's from the first round, that have played like franchise qb's throughout their career. Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco are close but not quite yet. Even If you give them the nod its only 8. P.Manning,E.Manning,A. Rodgers,D. Mcnabb,Big Ben,P. Rivers. In my opinion there have also been 6 guys since 1998 drafted from the 2nd round and beyond that were franchise qb's. Brady,Bulger,Hasselbeck,Cassell,Brees and Shcaub. I can already see some of you bashing Bulger but he was considered one of the better qb's in the NFL at one time and he's a 6th rounder.

I see the need for the Rams to draft a qb I just dont see the need that it has to be Bradford.
    Just Fix It

CanadianRamsFan is offline Registered User

But you are only looking at QBs in the later rounds who were a success, get a list with ALL the QB's drafted in those Drafts and i bet that it looks a lot better for 1st rounders

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Bradford will be the pick of longivity for time and money. Suh not as long and maybe not the best at his spot. Mccoy was pretty consistent in his career at OU Suh kinda came up with the big game against Texas but did nothing in their bowl game. Film showed how to contain him. Bradford is said to not have an injury which pretains too much to throwing. The fact that it was his throwing arm is why we are all worried. And I feel we can get probably just as good of DT in the 2nd or 3rd round as opposed to a QB as good as Bradford. I have definately changed my stance on this issue. I was Suh all the way, not so much now.
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

rammiser is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianRamsFan View Post
    But you are only looking at QBs in the later rounds who were a success, get a list with ALL the QB's drafted in those Drafts and i bet that it looks a lot better for 1st rounders
    True but the misses on a qb in the lower rounds affect a team a lot less than a miss on the qb in the first round. You miss on a guy in the first round who you will end up throwing a ton of money at sends the team into an additional 3 year tail spin. You miss on a qb in the 2nd round through the 7th and it doesnt kill your teams chances for competing. You tie up so much in a 1st round qb that if you miss it's a franchise killer.
    Just Fix It

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast