Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: tired...

theodus69 Guest

Re: tired...

Bradford is money....You can bank on it.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by theodus69 View Post
    Bradford is money....You can bank on it.
    If he's the pick I hope so. I'm tired of seeing this team miss on 1st round picks. So if it is Bradford and no one knows for sure then I hope the guy is the next big thing.
    Just Fix It

TheRammer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BEER View Post
    "dont get butt hurt" that coming from "The Rammer". LOL.
    STOP PICKING ON ME!!! lol

Bralidore(RAMMODE) Guest

I dont see how someone can see Suh just came out of nowhere. I was watching him after the 2008 season where he also destroyed Mccoy in performance, dominance, sacks, int, and the like. This past year he owned yet again and put the cherry on top with that performance against Texas. just because he didn't get his pattented 10 tackles.game at DT and instead got around 4 tackles and 1 for a loss is hardly not showing up. That team made it a personal vendetta to stop Suh and he still made plays and actually missed a sack in that game.

I really don't get the whole one game wonder argument because he didn't amass 158 tackles, 19 sacks, and 3 picks in one game. He did that in two years as a defensive tackle and under constant doube teams.

eldfan is offline Registered User

I'm really about to stop watching nfl network due to one guy in paticular fran charles he is not even really a anaylasis. He keeps saying we have to draft bradford to make a splash because we've drafted dline and its not worked out.
    The problem I have with it is when the rams drafted Long we needed him, Bulger had just got his new deal. Then when we drafted Smith the team had just lost Pace itís not like we were desperate for a QB and was passing them up.
    Last edited by eldfan; -03-28-2010 at 12:10 AM.
    :ramlogo:

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianRamsFan View Post
    But you are only looking at QBs in the later rounds who were a success, get a list with ALL the QB's drafted in those Drafts and i bet that it looks a lot better for 1st rounders
    Well I'm sure it would but u can do that at any position to make it look better he was just showing the ones that have shown value not ones that are strictly backups.

And eldfan ya like I said they were saying long is a bust, longs carrers far from over he isn't done yet to be a bust. Not saying u think he is but they sure do after two years under two different corridinators.

Truth is offline Registered User

OK...I'll say it again. Bradford MAY turn out to be a top 5 or 6 QB in the league. However, given our current lack of talent on the O-Line and in all of the offensive skill positions (Jackson is awesome, but if he gets injurred again, we have nothing), the chances of him succeeding, let alone excelling, are not very good. He faced very little pressure through most of his college career (Monster line), he won't be that lucky with the Rams current crew (the stars he'll be seeing won't be in the night sky).

We need a #1 pick that can make an instant impact, I don't think Bradford is that guy. Waiting 2 or 3 more years for him to mature, and for the Rams to improve their talent would be extremely painful (mentally for the fans, phsically for Bradford). You can't just plug in a rookie QB with no talent around him and expect great things. I'd like to be able to hang our hat on the performance of one side of the ball our the other, not just be mediocre on both sides. If we've gone down the path of building our defense 1st, so be it. Let's build the defense first (ala Baltimore).
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    OK...I'll say it again. Bradford MAY turn out to be a top 5 or 6 QB in the league. However, given our current lack of talent on the O-Line and in all of the offensive skill positions (Jackson is awesome, but if he gets injurred again, we have nothing), the chances of him succeeding, let alone excelling, are not very good.

I'll give you the lack of talent when it comes to skill positions excluding Jackson of course. However people are not giving our O-line any credit at all. The O-line was shaping up pretty nicely last season until the injuries started piling up. Let's not forget we had a shell shocked Bulger, a what should I do run, pass or wind my watch Boller and a rookie Null playing behind that line.
    This will be season 2 for most of our skill position players in the west coast offense. There should be a marked improvement providing we can get the right man behind the center.

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    I'll give you the lack of talent when it comes to skill positions excluding Jackson of course. However people are not giving our O-line any credit at all. The O-line was shaping up pretty nicely last season until the injuries started piling up. Let's not forget we had a shell shocked Bulger, a what should I do run, pass or wind my watch Boller and a rookie Null playing behind that line.
    This will be season 2 for most of our skill position players in the west coast offense. There should be a marked improvement providing we can get the right man behind the center.

I'm not sure I agree about not giving our line enough credit. However, even if our starters are decent, we have no depth. Sooner or later we'll start having to move guys around to patch the line. As for the QBs, yep, Bulger is shell shocked. He doesn't trust the line at all. Boller does nothing for me either. The interesting thing is you commented on Null, as a rookie, behind our current line. Well, Bradford will be a rookie too. A rookie that has never experienced the kind of "run for your life" pressure he'll have to endure with the Rams line. Like I said, I think Bradford might have a chance to become a decent NFL QB. I just don't think that would happen if he plays for the Rams at this point in time.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    I'm not sure I agree about not giving our line enough credit. However, even if our starters are decent, we have no depth. Sooner or later we'll start having to move guys around to patch the line. As for the QBs, yep, Bulger is shell shocked. He doesn't trust the line at all. Boller does nothing for me either. The interesting thing is you commented on Null, as a rookie, behind our current line. Well, Bradford will be a rookie too. A rookie that has never experienced the kind of "run for your life" pressure he'll have to endure with the Rams line. Like I said, I think Bradford might have a chance to become a decent NFL QB. I just don't think that would happen if he plays for the Rams at this point in time.
    The line that Null played behind was not our starting O-line, that compounded with being a rookie was a recipe for failure.

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    The line that Null played behind was not our starting O-line, that compounded with being a rookie was a recipe for failure.
    That's my point. We have no depth on the line. The chances of any Rams QB playing behind the starters all season are very slim.

Bralidore(RAMMODE) Guest

So far we have added Fraley to the line which automatically increases our depth at the Guard and Center position. We will definetely have to address the line in a later round however. I wouldnt say no depth because that's being dramatic but we can improve on it, that's for sure.

The lack of talent argument is getting annoying. Avery, Amendola, Gibson, Robinson are all talented guys. Jackson isn't the only one on offense. I expect us to add to this talent pool in the draft. For the umteenth time. Lets not assume our roster will remain static and Bradford is the only guy we will choose with NINE other picks. you don't pass on franchise QBs because you can't wait a bit for a guy to develop. That sounds more like a little kid who can't wait for Christmas....

theodus69 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bralidore(RAMMODE) View Post
    I dont see how someone can see Suh just came out of nowhere. I was watching him after the 2008 season where he also destroyed Mccoy in performance, dominance, sacks, int, and the like. This past year he owned yet again and put the cherry on top with that performance against Texas. just because he didn't get his pattented 10 tackles.game at DT and instead got around 4 tackles and 1 for a loss is hardly not showing up. That team made it a personal vendetta to stop Suh and he still made plays and actually missed a sack in that game.

I really don't get the whole one game wonder argument because he didn't amass 158 tackles, 19 sacks, and 3 picks in one game. He did that in two years as a defensive tackle and under constant doube teams.
    I just really hadn't heard much of the guy till this year. so my bad. Not like I got alot of time .......ever! Anyway, The word is the 2nd and 3rd rounders may be almost as good . But Bradford is a step or 3 better than the other QB's. I think and I have changed my tune on this but Bradford will do fine with the RAMS. That is unless Bernie and cream cheese is right.

DieHardRamsFan1381 Guest

look drafting bradford aint gonna help to much. if they want him to be a great qb then hes gonna have to sit a couple years. the guy has great potential but just has a problem with fallin when he gets hit and the rams dont have a line like the colts so he gonna take alot of licks. i dont think we can waste the number 1 overall on bradford i think suh is the best player out there and he would fit right in the line and make an immediate impact. the rams should draft suh in the first and then maybe take a wr or qb in the second there is still gonna be some good qbs on the board after the first round colt mccoy, tim tebow, tony pike. i just hope they pick the best player in the draft this year lets not have another eric crouch or tye hill they didnt turn out to well.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bralidore(RAMMODE) View Post
    So far we have added Fraley to the line which automatically increases our depth at the Guard and Center position. We will definetely have to address the line in a later round however. I wouldnt say no depth because that's being dramatic but we can improve on it, that's for sure.

The lack of talent argument is getting annoying. Avery, Amendola, Gibson, Robinson are all talented guys. Jackson isn't the only one on offense. I expect us to add to this talent pool in the draft. For the umteenth time. Lets not assume our roster will remain static and Bradford is the only guy we will choose with NINE other picks. you don't pass on franchise QBs because you can't wait a bit for a guy to develop. That sounds more like a little kid who can't wait for Christmas....
    Compared to me, yes they are. Compared to the rest of the league, no they aren't. We have one of the worst receiving corps in the league, made worse by their neophyte level of experience, a offensive coordinator who is this franchise's latest example of the Peter Principle in action, and Robinson's fragility. And since so-called "franchise quarterbacks" (a term that is bandied about way too often) can be found in the first round of any draft, yes we can wait.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast